ADVERTISEMENT

Active Shooter at OSU

Way, way, way too many guns and too many unqualified owners.
The idea that people can walk around openly carrying guns is appalling.

Save your political views for the day. Just pray innocent lives of college students/staff are not lost.

Reactions: USD24
This incident is turning out to be a "butcherknifer" which may kickoff several other debates besides guns.

Reactions: Dr. Mirakle
Who would you rather come into your bar ... a crazy guy with a butcher's knife or one with a gun?
Wouldn't matter to me because he would find out in the blink of an eye if I had a gun in the bar, I assure you. If my life or the lives of others were threatened by the "crazy guy" as you say, it would be the last bar he ever walked into.

Last edited:
If anyone made it a political argument, it wasn't me. My position is based on common sense.

Wouldn't matter to me because he would find out in the blink of an eye if I had a gun in the bar, I assure you. If my life or the lives of others were threatened by the "crazy guy" as you say, it would be the last bar he ever walked into.
How soon after you're dead will you be reaching for your gun? I'm not trying to pick a fight, but guns should not be so easily available and there should be very strict limits on ownership and registration.

How soon after you're dead will you be reaching for your gun? I'm not trying to pick a fight, but guns should not be so easily available and there should be very strict limits on ownership and registration.
But, as usual, you did pick a fight with your very first post here. What's new? And answer my question. If a crazy guy is coming at you with a gun do you want a butcher knife or a gun?

You can drop the gun debate, MC63, because the attacker used his car and knife and no gun was used...but turns out the attacker is a 18 year old Somali refugee.

There are very strict limits in Chicago. Some of the most strict in the country. As a matter of fact you aren't allowed to have one in the city. How's that working out for them? Fifty-eight shot and eight killed over the weekend. Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

There was an idea to help get guns off the streets in New York. It was called "Stop and Frisk." Thousands of guns were removed from the streets there and shootings went down dramatically. The idea worked so well that the PC police got their hands on it of it and ended the program and guess what. Crime, shootings and the number of guns grew dramatically.

Reactions: NNFAN
You can drop the gun debate, MC63, because the attacker used his car and knife and no gun was used...but turns out the attacker is a 18 year old Somali refugee.
Sorry Brin. I am participating in that debate too. It is opinions like his that are dangerous and are behind the cause of the increased shootings everywhere.

Most people who don't own guns, when it comes to buying and owning a gun are ignorant to facts. Here is an article written by a clown who writes for the Sun-Times. The guy actually thought it was easy to buy any gun. I remember reading his articles about it. Then this happened to him. I remember laughing uproariously over it.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...rter-tries-buy-ar15-gets-denied-violent-past/

It amazes me how dangerously ignorant some people are on this subject.

If anyone made it a political argument, it wasn't me. My position is based on common sense.

It is a political argument, you are all discussing gun control, which is political. You may believe your position is common sense, but clearly a great number of American's do not share your definition of common sense.

It is a political argument, you are all discussing gun control, which is political. You may believe your position is common sense, but clearly a great number of American's do not share your definition of common sense.
You're right. It is a political argument and it shouldn't be...just as climate change shouldn't be, or abortion, or gay rights, etc., etc. etc. These issues along with others have become political arguments because the left in this country have made them political arguments instead of talking common sense.

Last edited:
Toughest gun laws in America right here in good ole' Chicago.

And tell me how that's working out?

Toughest gun laws in America right here in good ole' Chicago.

And tell me how that's working out?
Thats because here it is the first charge pled out of. Though I believe restrictive gun laws are odious in principle, at least NYS/NYC prosecutes those laws as advertised (Plaxico Burress).

Thats because here it is the first charge pled out of. Though I believe restrictive gun laws are odious in principle, at least NYS/NYC prosecutes those laws as advertised (Plaxico Burress).
Agreed...

All.... A difficult subject. I do have a story on this subject. Humorous and a bit unsettling at the same time. I used to be in the "business" not my own though. Retail and wholesale. During that time probably had close to 10,000 firearms pass through my hands.

So one Saturday this gent comes in and buys a 12 gauge single barrel shotgun. There is a 24 hour wait on long guns. This is during hunting season and the store is open on Sunday. By the way the store is located downtown and the police station is less than a block away.

So he comes in early Sunday morning. Asks me to put the shotgun together, (it's a simple three piece) in addition I sell him a gun case and a couple boxes of game load shells. So he thanks me and strolls out of the store.

About five minutes later I hear this loud boom and police sirens. After they carted him away I got the whole story from law enforcement. He decided to test it. Pulled it out of the case, threw a shell in it and fired in the air.

There not for everyone I suppose is the moral of this story. But what's one going to do.... Ratsy

I didn't make the first post. Only afterwards did I find out that the reports were erroneous.

But, as usual, you did pick a fight with your very first post here. What's new? And answer my question. If a crazy guy is coming at you with a gun do you want a butcher knife or a gun?
Please answer my question - how do you shoot this guy when you're dead?

You're right. It is a political argument and it shouldn't be...just as climate change shouldn't be, or abortion, or gay rights, etc., etc. etc. These issues along with others have become political arguments because the left in this country have made them political arguments instead of talking common sense.
They are political because they are based on laws which politicians write. And what's the big deal about "being political," anyway. Who cares?

"Chicago has the toughest gun laws in the country" is a nonsense claim by you-know-who (yes, the twitter guy). Actually, Illilnois has very, very weak laws on commiting a crime while possessing a gun and the illegal possession of a gun. Here, you're out in 30 days, while the penalty in NY and California are far more severe. That's the main reason the murder rate is so high, that and unemployment.

Because it's easier for the crazy guy to get a gun illegally than it is for the sane guy to get one legally.
If there were more stringent controls on guns, they'd be less available for theft. Plus, if the penalties were stronger ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT