ADVERTISEMENT

Your dream HS football match up?

corey90

Aug 27, 2005
Crown Point, IN
It can be your team Vs any team in the country. Being I am from Southern Ca . I would love to see LWE vs Mater Dei, Ca
If I could pick an in State school I think
LWE Vs ESL just because they have never played each other.

Even if LWE lost to Mater Dei I think it would be interesting and fun to watch.

Who’s your dream match up?

1989 ESL vs 1989 Co-National Champ Saint Ignatius High School Cleveland
or
1989 ESL vs 1989 Co-National Champ
Permian High School Odessa, Texas

Districts might give us this...McNamara vs. the ICE...Herscher & Mac are each other's biggest rivals...Manteno & Mac are traditional rivals...Coal City has them this year for the first time...Wilmo in 2015 lost the second round to Byron (who they running clocked in the semis in 14) in part because the kids were looking forward for Mac...Peotone was KVC rival for years...Streator's coach was a Mac QB...

ESL vs Mater Dei, Ca,or IMG, or St. Thomas Aquinas, Fl, or "Duncansville, Tx

ESL vs Maine South, Loyola, Naz

Win or lose just would like to see matchup

Last edited:
Reactions: gohawk2
I’ve always wanted to see MC play De La Salle , Concord CA

Would be great game to see.

Two traditional powers running similar offensive sets. De La Salle doesn't always have the heavyweights up front, but always has major talent at the skilled positions and plays extremely disciplined.

Would be great game to see.

Two traditional powers running similar offensive sets. De La Salle doesn't always have the heavyweights up front, but always has major talent at the skilled positions and plays extremely disciplined.
Would have loved to see the game a few years ago when both teams were exclusively running the veer....

From what I understand, both have opened it up quite a bit in the last year or two. Still two great programs, just loses some of that uniqueness with the modernizing playbooks.

Reactions: stonedlizard
That’s a good call. I don’t they have ever matched up outside of youth football.
Barrington has not fielded a varsity youth team in few years. So the youth rivalry is in flux. Hoping they will this year. They were always great games

1988 Mt. Carmel v 1988 St. Rita at 63rd & Claremont -- This time SR wins the 4th quarter

Very different styles of football for sure. I do like the proximity though.
Many folks in Barrington don’t know where Cary is, even being 7 miles up Northwest Highway. Those that do know don’t want to chance losing to a school half their size.

Last edited:
Many folks in Barrington don’t know where Cary is, even being 7 miles up Northwest Highway. Those that do know don’t want to chance losing to a school half their size.

I honestly think Barrington would want nothing to do with that matchup

Reactions: Bowie50
I'll take Barrington in that matchup. Also nothing is stopping C-G from coming up and seeing Barrington in the 8A playoffs... We welcome it!

They’re too small for 8A. Plus I can’t see them consistently competing at that level.

I don't think they're too small. You'd be surprised at how small some of the 8A 32 are.

CG wins this one 8 out of ten

I really don't know, but that would seem to contradict the other quote in this post.

The more I think about it @stonedlizard may be on to something with this open class.

I don't think they're too small. You'd be surprised at how small some of the 8A 32 are.

I really don't know, but that would seem to contradict the other quote in this post.

The more I think about it @stonedlizard may be on to something with this open class.

Oh baby! Don't tease me @Cross Bones !!!

I still have dreams of that IHSA Hunger Games Open class brought to you by Country Insurance

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT