ADVERTISEMENT

York vs. Naz Week 2

20-30 years of pension is more than any Catholic school can match.
Well if you started after 2011, you can't retire until 67. If you are making 50-75k more a year than would in a public school, its probably worth it.

Well if you started after 2011, you can't retire until 67. If you are making 50-75k more a year than would in a public school, its probably worth it.
I didn’t know that about 2011. I think most teachers around here are making considerably more than 50-70?

I didn’t know that about 2011. I think most teachers around here are making considerably more than 50-70?
Depends when you started. Around 2010 many teacher unions started to get rid of salary schedule or go to split schedule where new teachers will make a lot less going forward. If you are over 35 and been in the system since you started, you are probably in a good position. Most of our new teachers quit for jobs outside of education after a couple of years to make more money. Some have gotten into to tutoring which pays more than teaching at a lot of places.

There are still some districts who will end up paying well long term, but those are shrinking for people getting into the profession now.

Reactions: eireog
Teachers that are just retiring now are making $130,000 to $140,000 a year with a 3% kicker each year. If you live 30 more years, thats a hell of a deal.

HS football is a coaches game and Naz isn’t even in the same universe as York. Complete and total embarrassment.
Racki applied for the LT job and they wouldn't interview him
Checking in on Tim Racki's coaching prowess this fine Monday.

That said, he enters this weekend as a massive underdog to the Spartan war horse.

Checking in on Tim Racki's coaching prowess this fine Monday.

That said, he enters this weekend as a massive underdog to the Spartan war horse.
What's happening this weekend? Is he interviewing at Morton or something? There is no way someone who couldn't hold a candle to the York staff can possibly be game planning for another semi final appearance.

SChecking in on Tim Racki's coaching prowess this fine Monday.

Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

To be fair, he is accurate. The Naz and York coaches are not in the same universe. I believe one coach has 8 state championships on his resume and the other coach has zero.
Fitz is a good coach and took SF to the semis in 2014 and then bailed after the following season to be a coordinator at NN…

2016 and 2017 were very bleak for SF as a result. Fitz didn’t want the build job. Will always appreciate him for that 2014 run and he is a very good coach, but Racki has built programs from the ground up and won huge everywhere he’s been.

To be fair, he is accurate. The Naz and York coaches are not in the same universe. I believe one coach has 8 state championships on his resume and the other coach has zero.

I dont think there is a school in the nation that won 7 state titles in a row.

Nuff said.

I dont think there is a school in the nation that won 7 state titles in a row.

Nuff said.
I bet there are numerous schools that have won 7 in a row. With just a quick look, I found 3. St Joes in NJ won 8 in a row at one point, Wash (SD) won 12 in a row and the most consecutive is St Louis in Hawaii, who won 14 in a row in the 80's and 90's.

Reactions: Wassup13
I bet there are numerous schools that have won 7 in a row. With just a quick look, I found 3. St Joes in NJ won 8 in a row at one point, Wash (SD) won 12 in a row and the most consecutive is St Louis in Hawaii, who won 14 in a row in the 80's and 90's.

Thanks I did not know that!

Fitz is a good coach and took SF to the semis in 2014 and then bailed after the following season to be a coordinator at NN…

2016 and 2017 were very bleak for SF as a result. Fitz didn’t want the build job. Will always appreciate him for that 2014 run and he is a very good coach, but Racki has built programs from the ground up and won huge everywhere he’s been.
Wasn’t York built from the ground up?

Yes, yes it was but if you'd have kept reading you'd see the difference between the two.

I’m familiar with Fitz from Marist, SF and now York. Naz has tangled with him many times, he’s an excellent coach and I think very highly of him. With that said that comment was one of the dumber ones this board has produced and that’s saying a lot!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT