ADVERTISEMENT

WWS vs STN??

Should be an interesting game on Saturday, WWS has definitely made changes in the last two weeks that were 100% geared towards this rematch.

The second time around it is going to be much harder for StN to pass since the Tigers played off and let them move the ball down field before coming up and pressing them the first game, I think they will go tight from the beginning this time. On offense WWS got their top WR back last week so StN will be forced to play Nubin on him, this should help with the Tigers passing game. WWS should have true home field advantage the crowds have been very good for the Tigers so far and they are expecting a huge crowd on Saturday which should be very vocal.

One last tid bit Muhitch is 6-0 all time in playoff rematch and WWS is 10-2 all time in these games.

I will take WWS 21-13. This Tiger team has deficiencies but they maybe the most resilient Tiger team I have ever seen, I'm just amazed how hard they play and how they are able to come up with big plays when it looks like they are dead.

Last edited:
North has more talent; South is more disciplined. Discipline wins in the playoffs.

24-13 South.

Reactions: Tain33
vegas would post SCN -2.5 and the public lemmings would jump all over it. The sharps will wait to it gets to 3 and pound WWS.

vegas would post SCN -2.5 and the public lemmings would jump all over it. The sharps will wait to it gets to 3 and pound WWS.
I would have to say WWS is the favorite, especially at home

Going with the respected and proven coach.. WWS seems not to get distracted and stays in moment. North is good, but has a young QB that can get rattled when pressured.

WWS 24 STN 14

North Stars roll in this one 21-10. Don't see Pomazak losing to the same team twice

Has he ever had the chance to rematch a team?
i mean, he rolls through STCE pretty easily every year... i could see why you would be upset!

Relax... They are having a nice run this season. Sounds like you're pretty close to this guy though. Good luck in Wheaton on Saturday.

Reactions: markmacaluso
i mean, he rolls through STCE pretty easily every year... i could see why you would be upset!

I just asked a question so maybe you’re the one who’s upset. Oh and let’s see...lost to STCE in 2016, eeeked out a 1 point win in OT in 2017 after we went for 2 and the win. Then had a really good 4th qtr this year to win and make it seem lopsided when it was a close game for most of 3 full quarters.

Yeah, your coach really rolls through STCE pretty easily every year. Do some research before you shoot your mouth off. Typical SCN fan.

I just asked a question so maybe you’re the one who’s upset. Oh and let’s see...lost to STCE in 2016, eeeked out a 1 point win in OT in 2017 after we went for 2 and the win. Then had a really good 4th qtr this year to win and make it seem lopsided when it was a close game for most of 3 full quarters.

Yeah, your coach really rolls through STCE pretty easily every year. Do some research before you shoot your mouth off. Typical SCN fan.
conveniently leaving out the 42-0 and 35-10 from prior years of the Pomazak era! so quick to attack SCN staff and even players on every thread, it's a real shame.

conveniently leaving out the 42-0 and 35-10 from prior years of the Pomazak era! so quick to attack SCN staff and even players on every thread, it's a real shame.

Look if you are going to use definite terms like “every year” you should probably at least check the accuracy of your statements. I only needed the last 3 years to destroy your “every year” comment. I’m glad you love your coach so much but the fact is that he’s never been this far in the playoffs before and he’s never beaten the same team twice in a season so there’s no history to support your original comment about him not losing to the same team twice. Which is why I asked my question. Instead of answering why you are so confident you decided to leave some lame inaccurate reply about East.

And then you do it again now by accusing me of “attacking” (which is a silly choice of words) SCN staff and players on “every thread”. Another factually incorrect comment. I actually picked them to beat Rolling Meadows last week. Since you seem to follow my posts closely I’d think you’d have known that.

Now, I did leave a single post a month or so ago stating that I actively root against SCN because I don’t think much of their fans. And I went on to agree with another poster that I’ve witnessed some obnoxious and unsportsmanlike behavior from a player but I didn’t name anyone. Funny thing is some turd (you probably) went running to an SCN parent to tell them their kid was being “attacked” on this board which is complete BS.

Good luck at WWS next week. I hope you get what you deserve.

I root against STCN because their coach reminds me of the Ben Stiller character from the movie Dodge Ball..

Sorry, just wanted to lighten the mood..

Should be an interesting game on Saturday, WWS has definitely made changes in the last two weeks that were 100% geared towards this rematch.

The second time around it is going to be much harder for StN to pass since the Tigers played off and let them move the ball down field before coming up and pressing them the first game, I think they will go tight from the beginning this time. On offense WWS got their top WR back last week so StN will be forced to play Nubin on him, this should help with the Tigers passing game. WWS should have true home field advantage the crowds have been very good for the Tigers so far and they are expecting a huge crowd on Saturday which should be very vocal.

One last tid bit Muhitch is 6-0 all time in playoff rematch and WWS is 10-2 all time in these games.

I will take WWS 21-13. This Tiger team has deficiencies but they maybe the most resilient Tiger team I have ever seen, I'm just amazed how hard they play and how they are able to come up with big plays when it looks like they are dead.

Also remember SCN is coming off three straight years of playoff disappointment losing to teams it should have beaten (Benet, Auburn, Rita). This WWS team is more talented than any of those teams.

Not knowing much about StN until about 3-4 weeks ago I gotta say they seem to have really built up a fan club. Well every conference has to have one polarizing team.

Careful fellas...you could easily be accused of "attacking" SCN. The threshold is low. I guess our opinions and thoughts matter greatly to their fans.

Careful fellas...you could easily be accused of "attacking" SCN. The threshold is low. I guess our opinions and thoughts matter greatly to their fans.
Im on here cause Im a high school football fan
what does Benet, Auburn or Rita have to do with this years scn game
markmacaluso do I sense some jealousy or what

Im on here cause Im a high school football fan
what does Benet, Auburn or Rita have to do with this years scn game
markmacaluso do I sense some jealousy or what

Awesome! We are all HS football fans so you're in the right place.

No I'm not jealous. Until SCN wins a state championship, I probably won't be jealous. But if you do win one...I'd be jealous. However, I'm glad I've had the effect of bringing the SCN fan base out of the shadows. Congrats on your first post since joining in 2009. I also managed to inspire your fellow fan FBfan14 to post 2 replies upping his total over more than 2 years to a whopping 14 posts.

Here's some free advice you didn't ask for and probably don't want...

Don't be so easily offended. Use facts and logic to make good points and humor to diffuse tension. Be able to laugh at yourself or admit when you're wrong. Don't try to intimidate or threaten people that don't share your viewpoints because not everyone is going to see things the same way as you. Have fun!

Reactions: Dual-triple_threat
What was the final push, Did someone trash WV? Do tell...

No it wasn’t that. Honestly I can’t exactly remember but it was something kinda trivial and I just had to respond for some reason. I m thinking it was someone touting 7v7 and how their team was going to dominate come fall season and I just had to respond to that 7v7 silliness!

I mean come on!! what if you are a running team? You won’t do well in 7v7. Also passing game can look great in shorts and look totally different when your QB is on his back counting stars with a DLineman on top of him! I could go on and on and on.....;)

Good game so far. Really good defensively. North Stars able to run the ball better in first half. Without the SCN interceptions this might be 2-3 score lead

Disappointing end to the year for the Tigers, the TD called back was a killer as was the dropped Int on the first StN scoring drive. The Tigers offensive problems finally caught up to them.

Overall a great year for the Tigers they got the program back on track when people were figuring them for dead and are going to be an absolute nightmare the next few years. They had a lot of Jr’s play this year and worked in some Sophs and a Freshman during the playoffs so watch out.

Congrats to the Tigers. WWS and Batavia will be the clear favorites in the 2019 DuKane and will both be top 5 or 6 teams in 7A

Reactions: ClownBaby
Congrats to the Tigers. WWS and Batavia will be the clear favorites in the 2019 DuKane and will both be top 5 or 6 teams in 7A

Usually end of the year is sad but this year not so much the SR class went about as far as they could, even if they pulled it out they would have lost next week. They made it back to the playoffs and laid the foundation for what could potentially could be some really great years. They have a lot to proud of.

Reactions: Gene K.
Usually end of the year is sad but this year not so much the SR class went about as far as they could, even if they pulled it out they would have lost next week. They made it back to the playoffs and laid the foundation for what could potentially could be some really great years. They have a lot to proud of.
Cross Bones doesn’t

Great game all around. Never meant to stir things up on this thread earlier on, Congrats to Pomazak and a great group of kids!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT