ADVERTISEMENT

WWS Red Grange 7v7 - Winner On Cover of Madden?

Voodoo Tatum 21

Gold Member
May 18, 2016
The big Red Grange 7v7 tournament is fast Approaching!

Who do you like from the field of entrants Edgy Posted?
Pool A: Al Raby, Downers Grove South, Lockport, Maine South, Urban Prep, Waubonsie Valley, Wheaton Warrenville South, Wisconsin Rapids.
Pool B: Glenbard North, Lake Mills WI, Lyons Township, Marian Central Catholic, Naperville Central, Rock Island, St Charles North, Zion Benton.
Pool C: DeKalb, Huntley, Lincoln Way Central, Naperville North, Neuqua Valley, North Chicago, Peoria, West Aurora
Pool D: Aurora Christian, Bartlett, Lincoln Way East (one team?), Metea Valley, Montini, Rochester, Western Dubuque, IA, Wheaton North.

Is the Winner of this 7v7 event "cursed" to have issues during the regular season? Should there be a Red Grange Cover Curse like the cover curse for NFL players on the cover of Madden?
  • 2016 Winner: WWS. 2016 regular season 2-7 no playoffs
  • 2015 Winner: WN: 2015 regular season 4-5: no playoffs.
  • 2014 Winner: Broke the curse! Glenbard West 9-0 and semi finals run.

I don't see the big deal about these passing leagues.Anybody could beat anybody in these but once you put the pads on it's a whole new ballgame.It's a great showcase for players & what not.out here there is a school who plays just as well in these passing leagues as the Lions & Browns do in the pre Season.But come real time they also play like the Lions & Browns normally do in the regular season

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
I don't see the big deal about these passing leagues.Anybody could beat anybody in these but once you put the pads on it's a whole new ballgame.It's a great showcase for players & what not.out here there is a school who plays just as well in these passing leagues as the Lions & Browns do in the pre Season.But come real time they also play like the Lions & Browns normally do in the regular season

Totally agree with you. Just wanted to start a new thread and talk some football even though 7v7 doesn't mean much. Still fun to conjecture and try and pick the semi finalists! That other thread is sucking the life out of me!!

Reactions: Gene K.
Voodoo,

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Waubonsie Valley wins the DVC this year and makes a pretty deep run like Central did a few years ago, and perhaps even win that elusive state title.

Totally agree with you. Just wanted to start a new thread and talk some football even though 7v7 doesn't mean much. Still fun to conjecture and try and pick the semi finalists! That other thread is sucking the life out of me!!

For the 7v7 prediction I'm going to go

pool A. Maine south (just because I can't risk WV getting caught up in the red Grange curse)

Pool B Lyons Township (I like their QB).

Pool C. Peroria (I heard they have a good QB?)

Pool D Lincoln way East. (Don't they still have 182 guys on varsity vying for reps in 7v7?).

Championship game: Lyons Township over Lincoln way East.

Voodoo,

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Waubonsie Valley wins the DVC this year and makes a pretty deep run like Central did a few years ago, and perhaps even win that elusive state title.
Naperville Central is loaded and has the great QB transfer. Sadly, it will be the Redhawks:(

Peoria QB is good. Receivers not so much. I also like the Waubonsie pick unfortunately.

Peoria QB is good. Receivers not so much. I also like the Waubonsie pick unfortunately.

DVC is always a crapshoot with 3 or 4 teams with a real shot to win it and a dark horse or two that exceed expectations and get into the mix.

I like WV (I'm biased)- If they can sort out their Oline and DLine rotation. Glenbard North has got an unbelievable secondary for a High School. Not sure I have ever seen a back 4 all with D1 offers/capabilities (I don't count IMG and those types of schools) Naperville Central lost a lot of studs but has a very good upcoming senior class and junior class plus the QB transfer. Naperville North will be good as well. Will be a wild last year of the DVC.

Hey Vodoo,

Last year on Central's team there was a kid, I think Luke something, that had a bunch of D1 offers at LB or Saf. I remember seeing him everywhere we went during the years with his long hair(yes my balding ass is jealous). I believe his dad played in college and perhaps even had some Professional time. Where did he end up signing? I thought AirForce was the choice at some point.

DVC is always a crapshoot with 3 or 4 teams with a real shot to win it and a dark horse or two that exceed expectations and get into the mix.

I like WV (I'm biased)- If they can sort out their Oline and DLine rotation. Glenbard North has got an unbelievable secondary for a High School. Not sure I have ever seen a back 4 all with D1 offers/capabilities (I don't count IMG and those types of schools) Naperville Central lost a lot of studs but has a very good upcoming senior class and junior class plus the QB transfer. Naperville North will be good as well. Will be a wild last year of the DVC.

Hey Vodoo,

Last year on Central's team there was a kid, I think Luke something, that had a bunch of D1 offers at LB or Saf. I remember seeing him everywhere we went during the years with his long hair(yes my balding ass is jealous). I believe his dad played in college and perhaps even had some Professional time. Where did he end up signing? I thought AirForce was the choice at some point.

Hi Jwar!!

Luke Turner? I think he ended up in the Ivies - Princeton I believe? NC churning out the brainiacs !! His hair was pretty solid!! No "man bun" though;)

Reactions: jwarigaku

Yeah GBN will be hard to score on but I also don't see them lighting up the score board. Probably a lot taffy pulls.

Yeah GBN will be hard to score on but I also don't see them lighting up the score board. Probably a lot taffy pulls.

Yeah agree with you (and welcome to the board!!). Yeah Not sure how they will be in the offensive passing game. Not sure what their QB situation is like. Their back up RB last year to Tricase is a nice little back (I really liked how he looked in the limited playing time he got).

I think they will run a lot over left Guard and the pulling play (the A gap?) Over Right Guard. They have that pulling play they use a lot with their big Guard that's pretty effective up the A gap, but i didn't really see them use the pulling play off tackle or off end outside. (Maybe too much distance for the big man to cover before defenses crash the hole.?) I think if folks stuff the Gaps off Guards and make them pass - they could struggle to score consistently.

Also think you have to attack their D running between the tackles. Their back 4 DBs close crazy fast and they do a good job containing outside runs and in run support in general. Make them creep up and cheat on the run and then try and steal a pass or two when they push up too much on run.

Anyways just my 2 cents from the peanut gallery stands!!

Hey Godfthr,

Good to hear from you, have you see or spoken to our our steakhouse buddy lately? I've been trying to reach him and haven't been able to on the old number. Heard he has a new number text it to me when you can. Have a great one and hoping the family is great and expanding!

I wonder how long before Epic sports the man bun to go along with the beard.

This guy said "passing game" in regards to GBN o_O

Havent seen that since they had that one guy and they upset MC in the 8A semis to face Tassio and them in the championship

This guy said "passing game" in regards to GBN o_O

Havent seen that since they had that one guy and they upset MC in the 8A semis to face Tassio and them in the championship

Lol. Yes they not known for a prolific passing game - but The kid they had the last few years tossed a nice ball and Jace James sure caught a lot of them the past few years:eek:! I always wondered why they didn't toss it around more (probably because Tricase could run around and over most of the defenses!)

Proud to say MS linemen won the linemens challenge, as well as setting a record!!

The 7-7's lost in the championship, but not sure to who.

Proud to say MS linemen won the linemens challenge, as well as setting a record!!

The 7-7's lost in the championship, but not sure to who.

I thought the title game was WWS and Saint Charles North? With SCN winning it? I could be wrong though.

My plane was delayed so I didn't make it out to Red Grange but I heard WV lost to SCN by at point in the last seconds of their tied match. I heard WV played something like 8 games of 7v7 so I'm guessing Waubonsie made it to the quarters? I was so worried about the Red Grange curse the past 2 years that I was hoping they would only make the semis (quarters is fine).

I thought the title game was WWS and Saint Charles North? With SCN winning it? I could be wrong though.

My plane was delayed so I didn't make it out to Red Grange but I heard WV lost to SCN by at point in the last seconds of their tied match. I heard WV played something like 8 games of 7v7 so I'm guessing Waubonsie made it to the quarters? I was so worried about the Red Grange curse the past 2 years that I was hoping they would only make the semis (quarters is fine).
I could be mistaken about the 7-7's

Greeeeat. We have St. Charles N in week 2 because B Mac backed out of the away part of the home and home.

Confirmed... SCN over WWS for title. WWS beat NN in semi, and SCN knocked off WV in semi. Maine South won the tug. NN finished third in tug.

Confirmed... SCN over WWS for title. WWS beat NN in semi, and SCN knocked off WV in semi. Maine South won the tug. NN finished third in tug.

Thanks NN!! I missed the event as my plane was delayed coming home. I heard WV was missing a couple of their Lineman (sick and wrestling/baseball? Not sure). WV did the event with only 6 Lineman kids!

So WV did make the semis on the 7v7? I wasn't sure if it was quarters or semis - wow close call - I'm glad NN and WV didn't make finals - need to stay away from the curse of the Red Grange winner for the fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT