ADVERTISEMENT

WV versus Hamilton Southeastern update

Final
WV 35 and HSE 14

Lots of home cooking down here. Two WV TDs taken off the board due to penalities. I'm guessing WV flagged 15 times plus for over 200 yards. But a win is a win!!

Final
WV 35 and HSE 14

Lots of home cooking down here. Two WV TDs taken off the board due to penalities. I'm guessing WV flagged 15 times plus for over 200 yards. But a win is a win!!
Wow - A nice win for WV. I don't think many expected this score.

Wow!!! DVC flexing their muscles. HSE is the #2/3 team in Indiana's 2nd or 3rd best conference. Congrats Voodoo. I was expecting a 24-17 type game to go either way. That's an impressive W!

Wow!!! DVC flexing their muscles. HSE is the #2/3 team in Indiana's 2nd or 3rd best conference. Congrats Voodoo. I was expecting a 24-17 type game to go either way. That's an impressive W!

Fun game! The paper said they were ranked 7th in the state? I know rankings can be sketchy. Someone else got a W from them so yeah if that was a conference game...they probably fighting for 2/3 in their conference if the other team is still undefeated in conference play.

Impressive facilities down in Hamilton!! Their athletic complex is fantastic!! Better than anything I have seen in the western burbs. Their school looks to be significantly bigger than WV. Their actual high school facilities look brand spanking new. They must have 3000 kids going to that school?

I see what you mean about their QB - impressive, looks the part, quick release, and strong arm. Luckily for WV, one or two errant throws got away from him. Yes that DE will be impressive especially when he adds some weight and weight room strength.... is he a Soph? My program blew away in the wind in the first quarter and I couldn't look him up and I was too lazy to go to the front gate to get another. :) I guess I should have at halftime when I was grazing at the concession stand.

It was their homecoming. That's the 5th away game WV has played and at least 3 of those were other teams homecoming (NC, WWS, HSE).

Fun game! The paper said they were ranked 7th in the state? I know rankings can be sketchy. Someone else got a W from them so yeah if that was a conference game...they probably fighting for 2/3 in their conference if the other team is still undefeated in conference play.

Impressive facilities down in Hamilton!! Their athletic complex is fantastic!! Better than anything I have seen in the western burbs. Their school looks to be significantly bigger than WV. Their actual high school facilities look brand spanking new. They must have 3000 kids going to that school?

I see what you mean about their QB - impressive, looks the part, quick release, and strong arm. Luckily for WV, one or two errant throws got away from him. Yes that DE will be impressive especially when he adds some weight and weight room strength.... is he a Soph? My program blew away in the wind in the first quarter and I couldn't look him up and I was too lazy to go to the front gate to get another. :) I guess I should have at halftime when I was grazing at the concession stand.

It was their homecoming. That's the 5th away game WV has played and at least 3 of those were other teams homecoming (NC, WWS, HSE).

The DE is only a Junior. They had a lanky guy just like him a few years ago named Randy Gregory. You would see him playing for the Cowboys if he could lay off the dope. Yep, they were ranked #7 in 6A (Indiana's largest class) heading into the game. They have 1 conference loss and finish out conference play next week against a very, very good QB (flipped from Tennessee to Clemson last December), so there's a chance they'll drop 2 straight. That teams coach is John Hart, who was at Huntley the last couple of years.

Funny you mention the facilities at HSE. Honestly, they're very average for down here. It's not Texas level crazy, but schools are spending a lot on very big new stadiums and multi story press boxes. They're getting automotive dealers and hospitals to foot the bill for naming rights on the field and video boards. The school in my district has a stadium 100% identical to HSE's and a local Chevy dealer donated well into 6 figures for field turf and upgrades throughout the years. The school district next to us built a 7 million dollar stadium last year with naming rights going to the local hospital.

Oh well, at least WV won and you didn't have to endure that miserable drive back up I-65 after a loss. Good luck the rest of the way.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT