ADVERTISEMENT

WSS Wk 7

kitty_bintingot

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
PW @ HC: HC trying to get healthy before the big one. PW 13 HC 40

GW @ LT: GW rolls. Goes back to the hills of Duchon awaiting the Red Devils. GW 49 LT 7

York @ Willobrook: Not necessarily do or die but the Dukes should be playing that way. Really hard to call. Gonna be close. York's will to make playoffs versus a pride game for Willobrook. The pride at the Willow Tree is too great: York 14 Willobrook 28

DGN @ OPRF: Huge game for both teams. OPRF has more on the line here and they play well in Oak Park. But something tells me DGN is more motivated and cohesive right now. DGN 28 OP 24

DGN @ OPRF -- OPRF by 7.
PW@ HC-- HC by a lot.
York @ Willowbrook -- Willowbrook by 14.
GW @LT -- GW by a lot.

The results of this weekend put York and DGN on the playoff ropes.

Thank you Kitty!

HC big over pw. 48-7
GW 47 LT 6
WB 38 York 17
OPRF 28 DGN 27

Hey all, I'm new to the boards, so quick intro - I follow HC, have a kid that is a freshman. I'm not close enough to have inside information. With that said, I look forward to the conversations and insights. My picks, with the caveat of wet weather Friday night:

HC over PW 40-7
GW over LT 56-12
York over Willowbrook (if they can run like they did last week) 24 - 16
OPRF over DGN 14 - 10

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
I miss reading CaptBillHitters take each week...:(
Nothing worse than a blow hard who doesn't know what he is talking about. From my perch here 4,100 feet up in Western NC, I would be an idiot to attempt to pass off any "knowledge." Besides, I think Big C had grown weary of my "insights." Looking forward to a big game next week b/w HC and GW. I wish I could get it on the internet, but my 1 MB download speed is not streaming friendly. Cheers Boys!

GAME OF THE WEEK: DGN AT OPRF. Both teams are 3-3 and the loser will see its' playoff hopes in jeopardy. Trojans' QB Drew Cassens had a rough game against GW last week (lots of QBs do against the Hitters) and needs a good bounceback performance. But he'll have a tough task doing so at Oak Park Stadium. It's Homecoming for the Huskies and as kitty said they usually play well at home. The offense needs to continue the improvement it's shown the last two weeks. Also, OPRF cannot continue to take stupid penalties; the Huskies got away with it at Morton and PW, but they can't do so against DGN or else they'll wind up adding to the L column, and with GW lurking in Week 9, this is a game they have to have. Close game, but I'll go with the home team.

OPRF 21 DGN 14

Other games:

HC 49 PW 6 - Red Devils prep for showdown at Duchon next week
GW 42 LT 7 - Hitters prep for showdown at Duchon next week
WB 35 York 14 - Dukes in for rough evening in Villa Park

DGN @ OPRF -- High Scoring Game - DGN 35 - OPRF 27

PW@ HC-- HC JV 70 - PW 7

York @ Willowbrook -- had York Last week...and they should have won (i wont go there...will just use Twitter). Let's see if the super-fabulous Head Coach and DC can put together another good game like last week, but finish the job and place players in better spots. I have a feeling they will. York will win its last three games... bold.prediction...I know. York 27 - WBrook 21

GBW @ LT -- GBW JV 56 - LT 7

Sorry for my roll in last weeks flushing. That was orchestrated Yorks HC. It's funny when the Dad of Yorks QB is more concerned about the coach rather than his own kid. Come to think about it...I was the only one sticking up for kid.

Last...Proviso East will beat Hinsdale South and will make the playoffs as a 6-3 team.

My prayer tonight is as follows "Dear Lord, help our Dukes out. Please talk sense into their Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator. So much sense that they both realize that they aren't good coaches and quit tomorrow so those good kids, who have talent and work hard can simply make the playoffs...Amen"

Edgy....I love what you do and I think you are a great person. If you need to ban me for this post, no hard feelings and I will more than respect my expulsion. Just dont flush Kitty's great threads and please dont forget to cancel my subscription. All I've done is stick up for these kids and the Duke Nation.

I said it..
I broke my own promise...
Best of luck all!.... and Kitty...keep on keepin' on!

I'll go out on a limb and say that the probability of OPRF playing a football game in week 10 is very small. I think the same is true for York. DGN is looking good.

York played well - after going down early 14-0 very early, they hung in there and they played hard. A couple questionable calls - a couple Warrior fumbles ruled down. But Willowbrook is tough and FAST - just could not contain Tumulty on some scrambles and keepers. York will beat OPRF and play in week 10

I'll go out on a limb and say that the probability of OPRF playing a football game in week 10 is very small. I think the same is true for York. DGN is looking good.
Let me take one big step back from this post, apologize for under thinking, and agree with you guys. York is still alive. But realistically OPRF needs 2 wins, and it doesn't look like GW is going to be one of those wins in week 9. But it is HS football and anything can happen.

After seeing both teams against Willowbrook, this will be a great game.

If York keeps it on the ground, and use the screens effectively, they will win in a close battle.

But OPRF I think has.the edge defensively from what I saw.

Whoever takes care of the ball on offense will end up with this one.

I see a 21-20 game going to York. Their kick block will be the difference.

Reactions: Dual-triple_threat
Why am I still here? I'm shocked..and yes, I'm working...only wish I was boozing!

Go proviso east....and Arthur-lovington. Two best story's this year.

Why am I still here? I'm shocked..and yes, I'm working...only wish I was boozing!

Go proviso east....and Arthur-lovington. Two best story's this year.
With all due respect, if you are intent on provoking Edgy, please do it in a thread where I am not posting. You have become a flush liability and are a threat to our ongoing discussions. Please take your fight with York coaching and Edgy somewhere else! Or just stop and act like a normal participant.

With all due respect, if you are intent on provoking Edgy, please do it in a thread where I am not posting. You have become a flush liability and are a threat to our ongoing discussions. Please take your fight with York coaching and Edgy somewhere else! Or just stop and act like a normal participant.
Easy Chuckie...I wasn't the one who did it last week. Pardon me your holiness!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT