ADVERTISEMENT

WSS Wk 11

kitty_bintingot

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
Glenbard West @ Loyola, Saturday 1pm: It's not too unreasonable to infer from HC's lop-sided loss that GW isn't as strong as one may have thought. That being said, I'm not sure how strong LA really is this year either. Still, based on how the conferences performed week 10, I'm going LA by two scores: LA 28 GW 14.

Downers Grove North @ WWS, Saturday 1pm: On paper it looks like WWS should be the stronger team and win safely. But historical superstition and a WSS homer-lens have me feeling optimistic. Why not? I'm calling for another big DGN upset: DGN 22 WWS 21

Yorkville @ The Willow Tree: I swear I can sense the nastiness of The Willow Tree from over here. I see the Gebhart brothers' gaze, and I hear the whooping stick being dragged across the concrete to the stadium...you don't want to play this team: Yorkville 14 The Willow Tree 35

All questions comments welcome. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Loyola @ Glenbard West, Saturday 1pm: It's not too unreasonable to infer from HC's lop-sided loss that GW isn't as strong as one may have thought. That being said, I'm not sure how strong LA really is this year either. Still, based on how the conferences performed week 10, I'm going LA by two scores: LA 28 GW 14.

Kitty, thinking you may still be in concussion protocol after Saturday....
Glenbard West @ Loyola

West on the road is a good thing here... with their strength being run game, they are faster when not on the goose pooped grass of Duchon...should be epic game between two great teams.

Lastly, impressed with Bolingbrook because I was impressed with HC.

Loyola looks really good to me.... Holacek is going to have them ready. They got talent all over the field. Not saying they'll win but they are a damn good football team.

Here's hoping for a Week 12:

GW at Loyola: Loyola is dangerous and are they defending their home field, but GW is hitting on all cylinders now, and they are on turf where they play faster (than at Duchon). GW by 14.
DGN at WWS: WWS by 21. That's all I have to say about this game.
Yorkville at Willow-world: I've been riding that Willow train all season, and I see no reason to stop now. Willowbrook by 14

Last edited:
GW 28 Loyola 21 - Actually not a bad thing the Hitters are on the road because Loyola's turf favors their running game. Ramblers will put up a serious fight, but Hitters look like a team on a mission.

DGN 21, WWS 14 - A neighborhood rivalry game with added stakes. I think Cassens has his biggest game exactly when the Trojans need it, and DGN pulls the upset.

WB 35, Yorkville 14 - Warriors keep rolling

GW 28 Loyola 21 - Actually not a bad thing the Hitters are on the road because Loyola's turf favors their running game. Ramblers will put up a serious fight, but Hitters look like a team on a mission.

DGN 21, WWS 14 - A neighborhood rivalry game with added stakes. I think Cassens has his biggest game exactly when the Trojans need it, and DGN pulls the upset.

WB 35, Yorkville 14 - Warriors keep rolling
I hope you are right (and I am wrong) about DGN!

Is there any truth that HC was playing without it's top receiver?
Yes, a lot of truth. He didn’t clear concussion protocol after a helmet to helmet hit he took returning a punt vs LT a week earlier.

However, he would not have made the defense tackle better, or the OLine block better.

GBW @ Loyola - I think this is the game of the week across all of 8A. GBW 28 - Loyola 17 (I hear they have a good kicker).

DGN @ WWS - We are at the point where everyone is good, and everyone has a chance, but the teams that go to the Quarter Finals have more than 1 player, and are complete teams. Cassens May have a big game, but he can’t carry DGN to the next round. DGN 10 - WWS 28.

Yorkville @ Willowbrook - WB 35 - Yorkville 20

Reactions: chuck998
GW 20 LA 17. Defensive game. Will be decided in OT. 2 really good teams will battle it out!
DGN 21 WWS 35. Will be a solid game, but DGN will loose their magic this week
WB 31 Yorkville 22. Closer score, YV will score a TD with a minute left to close up what will be a game Wb will handle pretty easily.

Unfortunately I will miss my first WB game this season - I’ll be getting updates from my better half. Really hope my player has another solid game.

May all players be safe this weekend, and looking forward to watching updates here!

Yes, a lot of truth. He didn’t clear concussion protocol after a helmet to helmet hit he took returning a punt vs LT a week earlier.

However, he would not have made the defense tackle better, or the OLine block better.
I’m sure he wouldn’t have swung the game in HCs favor, but I bet the game plan defensively changed quite a bit knowing they didn’t have their best option.

I think Yorkville is getting underestimated.
It’s definitely possible. They play in the Southwest Prairie West, with their only losses this year being to Minooka in week 7 by 9 points, and Oswego in week 8 by 8 points. They were 7-2 in a conference that had 5 of 6 teams make the playoffs, including the #1 seed in 8A.

On paper, they appear to be pretty good.

It’s definitely possible. They play in the Southwest Prairie West, with their only losses this year being to Minooka in week 7 by 9 points, and Oswego in week 8 by 8 points. They were 7-2 in a conference that had 5 of 6 teams make the playoffs, including the #1 seed in 8A.

On paper, they appear to be pretty good.
And they played Richards well last year for most that game. The 2020 class at Yorkville has been good since Youth football. If they can move the ball a little, the kicker can give them points, he’s really good.

Kitty, thinking you may still be in concussion protocol after Saturday....
Glenbard West @ Loyola

West on the road is a good thing here... with their strength being run game, they are faster when not on the goose pooped grass of Duchon...should be epic game between two great teams.

Lastly, impressed with Bolingbrook because I was impressed with HC.
LA offensive line looked great last against MS and handled MS 4 Star d-line recruit Skoronski. LA o-line will control the trenches and lead them to a second round victory.

LA offensive line looked great last against MS and handled MS 4 Star d-line recruit Skoronski. LA o-line will control the trenches and lead them to a second round victory.

Wow...the same Skoronski and D-line that Glenbard West rushed for 437 yards in their week 1 45-28 victory over Maine South on grass? :p

As I mentioned, epic game between two great teams.

Would like to see GW win, but I think LA has the horses to pull out a close one. 28-21 Loyola.

DGN will fight, but the experience of WWS staff and the more complete team wins here. 35-24 WWS

Yorkville is very good. They run the ball well and defend sideline to sideline. This will be a big test for WB, but I see them coming out on top in a tight one. 35-31

Reactions: Gene K.
GBW (no JV) 21 - Loyola 17

Cassens 20 - WWS 15

Tumult & Co 42 - Yorkville 10 ( at least I was able to work "York" in)

According to Maxpreps stats, Willowbrook QB Tumilty has 2k yds passing and another 1k rushing with 36 total TDs.. wow. Is this kid playing next level newhere?

Reactions: Grepos
According to Maxpreps stats, Willowbrook QB Tumilty has 2k yds passing and another 1k rushing with 36 total TDs.. wow. Is this kid playing next level newhere?

And he didn’t play 7 quarters in the regular season due to running clocks. Sam Tumilty should be on everyone’s player of the year list. From what I’ve heard his recruitment is still open.

Reactions: stl705
That does it for the WSS!

Tumility should be in the mix for player of year...his stats are just insane. Love watching that team play. They've got some serious swagger.

Not sure they have the depth to hang with MC but would love to see the match up. Tumility may have ran a total of 25 miles on the field today....so many scrambles where he went back and forth between the sidelines, just to turn it up and get 4 or 5 yards...sometimes more. Had a few TD passes and at least one INT and some serious licks on the Y'ville WRs and RBs (I was switching back and forth between games so maybe missed other defensive highlights...).

Glad to see GW play LA so tough....maybe HC's drubbing against BB wasn't so much a knock against WSS as much as the SWSC is just a bit above everyone else....not sure. Will be interesting to see NV and HF.

Watch out for HC next year! QB1 now all-time single season scoring leader having played only in 10 games (168 points scored...Grezlakowski has 162 for HC's 2002 state semi-final team).

Also excited to see where DGN goes...was nice to see them play WWS tough...I like what the HC is doing over there...

I'll do an early 2020 WSS thread next year just to keep up the chat next week as well as a preview of the Willobrook match up.

Cheers everyone. Been a great fall with you guys. Thanks a lot for your participation. I'll be back in the area around the 15th of Dec a for a few weeks if anyone wants to grab beers and talk.

Kitty_Bintingot

Tumility should be in the mix for player of year...his stats are just insane. Love watching that team play. They've got some serious swagger.

Not sure they have the depth to hang with MC but would love to see the match up. Tumility may have ran a total of 25 miles on the field today....so many scrambles where he went back and forth between the sidelines, just to turn it up and get 4 or 5 yards...sometimes more. Had a few TD passes and at least one INT and some serious licks on the Y'ville WRs and RBs (I was switching back and forth between games so maybe missed other defensive highlights...).

Glad to see GW play LA so tough....maybe HC's drubbing against BB wasn't so much a knock against WSS as much as the SWSC is just a bit above everyone else....not sure. Will be interesting to see NV and HF.

Watch out for HC next year! QB1 now all-time single season scoring leader having played only in 10 games (168 points scored...Grezlakowski has 162 for HC's 2002 state semi-final team).

Also excited to see where DGN goes...was nice to see them play WWS tough...I like what the HC is doing over there...

I'll do an early 2020 WSS thread next year just to keep up the chat next week as well as a preview of the Willobrook match up.

Cheers everyone. Been a great fall with you guys. Thanks a lot for your participation. I'll be back in the area around the 15th of Dec a for a few weeks if anyone wants to grab beers and talk.

Kitty_Bintingot
Thanks for the work, Kitty. It’s definitely hard to tell what the strength of the conference is when you can only play 1 game against an outside opponent.

Reactions: SoCliche
I live in the area lots of people do. A third team needs to step up and someone other than GBW needs to make a legitimate run.
I’ve said before, when 8 of 9 games are dictated (6 conference, 2 crossovers) it becomes very hard to know how good you are/aren’t. Until some of the schools in conference become transfer destinations, not much is going to change.

Kitty_Bintingot
Played 'em a lot more than tough...they really were the better team for nearly all of that game.

Reactions: RD_Watcher
West Suburban has been pretty overrated for awhile.
Why do you post this stuff? You recruit kids out of these schools ( to Naz) then bash them for not being good.

This was really unsolicited. GBW losing by 1 in a game like that....ya, over rated.

Last...good luck to Naz the rest of the way. Great team...again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT