ADVERTISEMENT

WSS Wk 10

kitty_bintingot

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
Here's to hoping for a good WSS playoff showing.

Bolingbrook @ Hinsdale Central, Saturday 6pm: The Brook came into this season with some hype and didn't seem to disappoint. A good win against SCN and a very respectable loss to the Beast had them looking strong. Then came a respectable loss to HF...but then a red-flag loss to Andrew last week. What explains that? There are murmurs of health issues and Edgy mentioned a lack of depth in his preview. From what I've seen I except HC to win in the trenches. And in any case HC QB1 has turned himself into a high caliber dual-threat QB, with skilled weapons. From what I've seen I don't think the Brook has the versatility on offense to keep up: Bolingbrook 21 Hinsdale Central 27

Downers Grove South @ Glenbard West, Saturday 1pm: Not much to say here. Hetlet and the Hitters don't take missteps against teams they are better than. They never play down to their competition. The Hitters steam roll DGS and prepare for a big showdown with either Loyola or Maine South: DGS 0 GW 49

Downers Grove North @ Maine West, Friday 7pm: Bad draw for Maine West here, as DGN is a really, really tough 5-4 football team. Judging by the scores of the games Maine West has played in, they are gonna have a hard time stopping Cassens running option and veer. I think DGN pulls away in this one and gets ready for what will be an historically charged matchup against WWS in round 2: DGN 35 Maine West 21

Moline @ The Willow Tree, Friday 7pm: The Willow Tree has finally gotten a draw that doesn't feature Batavia or a nasty Prairie Ridge team in the quarters! Is this the year they break through to the semis? I have a feeling it is. They work Moline and get ready for week 11: Moline 10 Willow Tree 24

All questions comments concerns welcome. Thanks everyone.

Brook 14 - HC 10 - I just have a hunch kitty...no disrespect...I just have a feeling that Monken will milk the clock and run...and wont vary.

GBW JV 35 - DGS 0

CASSENS 35 - MW 17 - Maine West played one team with a winning record.

Upset special - Moline 35 - willowbrook 34 - Moline is a very, very good team that had a few "bumps" along the way. Lost to Benet in a close game at Benet week 2. They can score.

Brook 14 - HC 10

Upset special - Moline 35 - willowbrook 34 - Moline is a very, very good team that had a few "bumps" along the way. Lost to Benet in a close game at Benet week 2. They can score.

Yeah, absolutely no to these two picks, but appreciate the input.

The Brook @ HC - a lot of unknowns for me, but seeing @Cross Bones go heavily against his team in multiple threads these last few weeks makes me believe the Raiders have a lot of issues going on internally both on and off the field - while HC defense is getting healthier going into this weekend, and the team continues to gel. With the predicted weather, this is sure to be a ground and pound, but if it’s dry, watch for HC to throw it all over the field. I think HC Defense is up for the challenge, as they were vs GBW a couple weeks ago. BB 7 - HC 21.

DGS @ GBW - Congrats to DGS for getting in, but feel free to make plans for Basketball season. If nothing else, both teams will have the opportunity to get everyone in. DGS 7 - GBW 49.

DGN @ Maine West - I have no idea about Maine West, but do know DGN QB1 is a stud. So DGN 24 - MW 14.

Moline @ Willowbrook - Again, I have no idea about Moline, but Willowbrook is well coached and has some athletes. I’ll take a shot and say Moline 12 - Willowbrook 24.

Good luck and good health to all players this week!

@RD_Watcher I had to go against both the Mustangs and Raiders. We argue on the board a lot about talent vs coaching and I fall squarely on the talent side. That's the 6 W's that should have been 7 based on talent alone.

Reactions: RD_Watcher
The Brook
GW (last win of the season)
DGN
Willowbrook ( only gold team will be the last standing for WSC)

Glenbard West had a tarp down for the snow between the 15's long and over the hashes wide...maintenance staff, some faculty and AD worked hard removing snow from Duchon Field this morning...wind and sun working on it today...

Wt0ANu2.jpg

Reactions: SMC34 and Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT