ADVERTISEMENT

WSS conference and LT making the playoffs!

LovetheDrake2

Jun 23, 2020
Edgy previewed LT today and covered the WSS conference. Anyone expecting any surprises here? I’m thinking Glenbard West may lose 1-2 conference games and OPRF and possibly York may make some noise as both were 4-5 last year. Hinsdale will be solid but don’t think they will be as good as in years past. In my opinion DGN may have a tough year but LT is far better then last year, bringing back lot of talent and definately make the playoffs by winning 5-6+ games. Thoughts and opinions here?

Not sure about LT winning 6. They open against New Trier. I think that is an L along with games vs GW and HC. They should have Ws vs the two Provisos and Leyden. They will need to win 2 of 3 vs York, DGN and OPRF. Those 3 are toss ups at best for LT. I would guess they lose to OPRF and split the other two to end at 4-5. Basing my prediction off recent history as I really know very little about what these teams have coming back this year aside from OPRF having a talent QB. I will go with 1. GW 2. HC 3. OPRF 4. DGN 5. LT 6. York 7. PW

Reactions: Anomalyout28
I think LT has a very easy schedule I agree, I think we can beat New Trier in our opener and that should guarantee us 5 wins. I still think DGN will have a down year as they lost a lot of talent last year and will have a hard time replacing Cassens. OPRF has the talent no doubt, but they always seem to lose 1-2 games that they shouldn't. York beat DGN and LT last year and from what I remember has a solid group coming back. I would go with GW at 1, OPRF at 2, HC at 3rd (expecting a down year for them), York or LT at 4/5, DGN at 6 and Proviso at 7. But as you know it is HS football and anything can happen

I think all Edgy may have hit the nail on the head. With as many returners GW has, they have to be the favorite. I don't think there will be as far of a drop off for HC as perceived - they lost a big time receiver, but there is still really good talent for QB1 to get the ball to. QB1 is a legit D1 caliber athlete; the OL is being replenished by a really good incoming junior class. Their weakness will be on Defense for sure. York was good last year, and I think they will continue to improve with experience. I have questions about DGN as I didn't think last year's sophomore team was very good, and they lost a lot of skill. LT had two really good Sophomore QBs last year, one of which played Varsity late in the season. I see them being much better, and winning 6+ games.

I think it goes GW, HC, LT, York, OPRF, DGN, PW - with GW, HC, LT and York in the playoffs.

HC offense will be good--imo best offense in the conference. Massive, athletic o-line (3 returning starters) with a D1 QB who will be running over every LB in the conference this fall. Serious weapons in the skills positions coming back. Two athletic WRs at 6'3 and 6'4, and a couple really nice slots. Defense is the only question mark here but a big one

Hands down we all agree Glenbard is far and away the best team in the WSS, however I would argue that spots 2-6 will be a toss up. Although I had OPRF, then Hinsdale, and York/LT in that order it really could be a be any one of those teams taking the #2 spot. Going back to when the 2021 class were Sophomores, LT had a 4-5 record and lost to OPRF, York, and Hinsdale. If I remember correctly DGN did not have a good Sophomore team then at all. Hinsdale lost to York but beat OPRF and I believe York lost to OPRF. Again, it will be exciting to see how it plays out. OPRF clearly has the most talent but again can be inconsistent. Hinsdale I honestly think will have an off year, possibly 4-5. York I can see winning 5-6 games as they have offensive skill talent and starters returning on defense as well.. LT has a solid QB coming back, a few great WR's, solid Offensive line and many returners coming back on defense. I still say LT wins 6 games this year. Just excited to be talking about the upcoming season at this point

Which is it? A replenished JR line or a massive line with 3 starters returning?
The holes left by graduating seniors are being filled by Juniors who were seriously looked at to play Varsity last year. Offense will be the strength of HC for sure. Defense has 4 returning starters, one of which is a Junior who started from GW through the end of the season last year as a Sophomore. The 2022 class is solid.

I fully agree LT will win 6 games, but I don’t see York only winning 3 as they spanked us last year 17-3, they are a solid team and their Sophomore team also beat us good two years ago. The more I think of it Downers wins 2-3 games at best, rebuilding year. I’m still saying all games played between Hinsdale, York, OPRF, and LT will be very close and any team can win. GW spanks everyone and loses to Maine South in the opener. Can’t wait for the season opener between LT and NT!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT