ADVERTISEMENT

WSC Silver Flexed Again

WSC_FootballFan

Gold Member
Sep 12, 2022
3 teams in the Quarters for the first time in who knows how long, and DGN battled tough for 3 quarters. I like 2 of them to get to the semi's after this weekend.

GBW - I think their offense will be too much for MS to handle
York - Incredible season led by stud QB, and a defense that is extremely physical
LT - tough matchup against LA, but this team fights every week

3 teams in the Quarters for the first time in who knows how long, and DGN battled tough for 3 quarters. I like 2 of them to get to the semi's after this weekend.

GBW - I think their offense will be too much for MS to handle
York - Incredible season led by stud QB, and a defense that is extremely physical
LT - tough matchup against LA, but this team fights every week
Thoughts on Palatine vs. York? I haven’t seen York much. Qb looks very solid. Defense held Marist pretty well. Wind helped I think but a W is a W.

Palatine has a very good defense. I was shocked at that Minooka score but Palatine dominated in every facet of the game. No doubt at all in that game.

Would love to see all 3 get through next week!
As would I, but realistically, I think only York will. I think GW and MS will come down to what team can withstand the pressure of quarter final football, and playing deep into NOV is not new to MS.

And I'm not saying LT has no shot, but I think they will need to be virtually perfect on both sides of the ball, while forcing LA to make some mistakes in order to win. I think LAs physicality will wear LT down in the second half, allowing them to pull away. In all honesty, I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: iamthejayhawk
Only real comparable opponents are GBS and DGS. Palatine played a tight game with GBS and allowed DGS to hang around most of the game. GW blew both of those teams off the field and played York tight. Seems like York should be favorites.

Reactions: RD_Watcher
I like York’s chances, I think they probably play the most mistake-free football of anybody. They play sound, they know who they are, and they haven’t had issues getting 4 yards and a cloud of dust up until this point.

QB for York seems cool, calm, and collected at all times. When I saw York play GBW, I didn’t see flashy, game-breaking plays, but I saw a sound, smart football team that will let the opponent make mistakes. They can run or pass, but I think their D is a little better than their O.

GBW - MS i think will be decided if GBW can make plays down field through the air. If so, I like GBW to advance. If GBW struggles to make plays downfield, I think MS may have a slight advantage. Overall, I do think GBW makes a play or two and wins in a very close game.

Lyons, I also like but beating Loyola will be awfully tough. I think LT can win, but they have to play very sound and win some 50/50 balls.

All three teams are playing their best football of the season, but haven't played their best game yet. I like York and GW in tough games, and if LT plays tough, they can win, too. I'm hoping for a York-GW rematch in game 5.

Where did York come from?!?! Are they a senior heavy team?

I believe so. They were very good last year too. Very balanced attack and strong defense. They don’t make mistakes on either side of the ball. They will be a tough out. If the seeds hold, I believe they will have home field against LA but facing a tough test from Palatine this weekend.

I believe they are pretty balanced mix of seniors and juniors. They were definitely tested in the regular season - going to OT with DGN; pulling out the win late over GW - but are playing great football right now. In my opinion, weather aside, they dominated Marist last weekend, especially in the 1st half.

This isn’t your father’s York team.

I will preface this with saying I am not a Marist fan also I think York is a pretty solid team and will be moving on this week…..but dominated? I think it was 14-7 at the half and then 14-14 going into OT. That would mean Marist shutdown the York offense for the entire second half. A task some may say is sort of dominating-like. So weather (and what I would call one of the dumbest play calls of all time on 4th and goal in double overtime) aside, my opinion is I think they were pretty evenly matched. Either way York moves on this week and hopefully so do the Roadrunners.

Has there been one you haven’t? LT has been on an impressive run but LA is at a different level from NC and PN. What makes you think LT can pull it off?
Agree. Naper Central was down this year (with perhaps the worst offense in decades), and Plainfield North (a good but not great team) played a pretty weak schedule. PN benefited from the down year from the Oswego schools. Lyons got a fortunate draw... until this week.

I think the Palatine vs York game will be closer than people here are looking at it. Palatine played a very poor game against DGS so I understand the confidence looking at that score.
I think you saw the real Palatine against Minooka. That was a dominant game. This game will be ver very tight. Two solid teams going at it. Any Minooka fans out there that can comment?

I think the Palatine vs York game will be closer than people here are looking at it. Palatine played a very poor game against DGS so I understand the confidence looking at that score.
I think you saw the real Palatine against Minooka. That was a dominant game. This game will be ver very tight. Two solid teams going at it. Any Minooka fans out there that can comment?
I think it will be a good game. Both teams has strong years. Have to give York the edge based on the competition they have played recently. Had that late season game vs GW and then Marist. Palatine played a very bad DGS team and a 3 loss Minooka. PN was undefeated but they lost by double digits to the 3rd place team from the WSS

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it - I legitimately think Palatine can win this game.

Dom Ball and the offense with Tommy Elter @QB in general has been getting better and better each week(500 total yds against a good Minooka defense), but what really will make the difference to me is their defense is every bit as good as York's. Outside of the GBS game, their starting defense holds everyone to 2 scores or under, and since their offense has only one game with a point total under 30(SCN week1) - so long as they play their game they'll be OK.

Last edited:
I think it will be a good game. Both teams has strong years. Have to give York the edge based on the competition they have played recently. Had that late season game vs GW and then Marist. Palatine played a very bad DGS team and a 3 loss Minooka. PN was undefeated but they lost by double digits to the 3rd place team from the WSS
You're right on with your assessment. I think Palatine hadn't played too many difficult opponents for most of the regular season. Downers had some bounces go their way(and some they created on their own) and started to believe they could win and ended up being a dog fight.

I will preface this with saying I am not a Marist fan also I think York is a pretty solid team and will be moving on this week…..but dominated? I think it was 14-7 at the half and then 14-14 going into OT. That would mean Marist shutdown the York offense for the entire second half. A task some may say is sort of dominating-like. So weather (and what I would call one of the dumbest play calls of all time on 4th and goal in double overtime) aside, my opinion is I think they were pretty evenly matched. Either way York moves on this week and hopefully so do the Roadrunners.
I can appreciate that viewpoint. I should have stated York's DEFENSE was dominate. Weather absolutely played a part, as did the fake FG.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT