ADVERTISEMENT

WSC Prediction Thread Wk 7

RD_Watcher

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2019
Week 6 saw York "upset" Glenbard West, putting them in first place in the Silver Division. It doesn't get any easier for the Dukes, as this week they host Hinsdale Central in the WSC GOTW. I expect a playoff type atmosphere on Friday night.

A win for Willowbrook will clinch at least a share of the Gold Division title, even with York on the schedule in Wk 8.

Glenbard West (2-1, 5-1) @ Downers Grove North (1-2, 4-2)
Hinsdale Central (3-0, 5-1) @ York (4-0, 6-0)
Oak Park River Forest (0-3, 2-4) @ Proviso West (0-4, 0-6)
Lyons Township (2-2, 3-3) @ Leyden (1-3, 2-4)
Downers Grove South (2-1, 2-4) @ Addison Trail (0-3, 0-6)
Proviso East (1-3, 1-5) @ Morton (2-1, 2-4)
Willowbrook (4-0, 4-2) @ Hinsdale South (2-1, 2-4)

Reactions: WBWarriorWatcher
GW
HC
OPRF
LT
DGS
Morton
Willowbrook

Also York and Willowbrook does not impact the conference race. Crossovers are not counted

Reactions: RD_Watcher
Glenbard West (2-1, 5-1)
Hinsdale Central (3-0, 5-1)
Oak Park River Forest (0-3, 2-4)
Lyons Township (2-2, 3-3)
Downers Grove South (2-1, 2-4)
Morton (2-1, 2-4)
Willowbrook (4-0, 4-2)

GW (note to GW: you are not a passing team. Please stop passing on first down)
York (by 2 TDs)
OPRF
LT
DGS
Morton
Willowbrook

GW - DGN will play hard here
HC - this was a tough pick
OPRF - gets a needed win
LTHS - will handle Leyden & get needed 4th W
DGS - AT looking rough
Morton - Needs to win out, but DGS & WB coming
WB - Conf champ time boys! Let’s come out strong!

GW - DGN will play hard here
HC - this was a tough pick
OPRF - gets a needed win
LTHS - will handle Leyden & get needed 4th W
DGS - AT looking rough
Morton - Needs to win out, but DGS & WB coming
WB - Conf champ time boys! Let’s come out strong!
If WB wins, how many consecutive Conference Championships will that be?

Week 6 saw York "upset" Glenbard West, putting them in first place in the Silver Division. It doesn't get any easier for the Dukes, as this week they host Hinsdale Central in the WSC GOTW. I expect a playoff type atmosphere on Friday night.

A win for Willowbrook will clinch at least a share of the Gold Division title, even with York on the schedule in Wk 8.

Glenbard West (2-1, 5-1) @ Downers Grove North (1-2, 4-2)
Hinsdale Central (3-0, 5-1) @ York (4-0, 6-0)
Oak Park River Forest (0-3, 2-4) @ Proviso West (0-4, 0-6)
Lyons Township (2-2, 3-3) @ Leyden (1-3, 2-4)
Downers Grove South (2-1, 2-4) @ Addison Trail (0-3, 0-6)
Proviso East (1-3, 1-5) @ Morton (2-1, 2-4)
Willowbrook (4-0, 4-2) @ Hinsdale South (2-1, 2-4)

GW
HC
OPRF
LTHS
DGS
Proviso East
WB

Glenbard West (2-1, 5-1)
York (4-0, 6-0)
Oak Park River Forest (0-3, 2-4)
Lyons Township (2-2, 3-3)
Downers Grove South (2-1, 2-4)
Morton (2-1, 2-4)
Willowbrook (4-0, 4-2)

Sorry for the delay, but real life work takes over sometimes.

Week 7 is in the books, and the GOTW in WSC lived up to the billing. Assuming HC takes care of PW this week, they have at least a share of the Conference/Division Championship. In the Gold, WB claimed their 5th consecutive Conference/Division Championship. And, Provisio West finally put some points on the board, but I don't know if it was offense, defense, or two FGs.

In our little prediction game, the board was 95% accurate, the highest so far this season. 8 players went 7-0, while the other 4 went 6-1. Wk 8 should provide for more movement in the standings, as there are several games that will be hard to pick.

The current standings are as follows:

1 @Grepos 43-6
T2 @brucealmighy 42-7
T2 @Panthers1211 42-7
T2 @RD_Watcher 42-7
5 @Dual-triple_threat 41-8
6 @Little Kin 39-10
T7 @Solid Snake Pliskin 38-11
T7 @USD24 38-11
9 @Cross Bones 33-9 (missed Wk1)
10 @WBWarriorWatcher 28-7 (missed Wk1 and 3)
11 @Duhawk44 26-9 (missed Wk 1 and 2)
12 @chuck998 25-3 (missed Wk 1, 2, and 3)
13 @MS4EVER 25-10 (missed Wk 6 and 7)

Glenbard West (13) @ Downers North (10)
Hinsdale Central (27) @ York (23)
Oak Park River Forest (51) @ Proviso West (6)
Lyons Township (49) @ Leyden (0)
Downers South (27) @ Addison Trail (6)
Proviso East (21) @ Morton (68)
Willowbrook (33) @ Hinsdale South (7)

Just wanted to throw this out there for the WSS conference fans, and any York fans….

Sophomore team is undefeated and just beat HC 35-7 without their starting QB, who was hurt the week before. Their starting QB was at IMG for his 8th grade year, but wanted to come back home and play for the Dukes. He’s a freshman who I’ve heard has multiple offers already. I’ve seen him play and he’s really good! This team has 60 kids not counting a few who are up on varsity. Freshman A and B teams have, I believe, 1 loss between them.

So the Dukes seem to have a little momentum and are looking good for the near future.
I know freshman and sophomore success doesn’t necessarily translate to varsity success, but the numbers in the program are trending in a positive way.

Just wanted to throw this out there for the WSS conference fans, and any York fans….

Sophomore team is undefeated and just beat HC 35-7 without their starting QB, who was hurt the week before. Their starting QB was at IMG for his 8th grade year, but wanted to come back home and play for the Dukes. He’s a freshman who I’ve heard has multiple offers already. I’ve seen him play and he’s really good! This team has 60 kids not counting a few who are up on varsity. Freshman A and B teams have, I believe, 1 loss between them.

So the Dukes seem to have a little momentum and are looking good for the near future.
I know freshman and sophomore success doesn’t necessarily translate to varsity success, but the numbers in the program are trending in a positive way.
I was talking to a HC Sophomore coach, and he agreed - York Sophomores are good. Not only the QB, but the RB is the best true running back HC Sophs have seen this year. He also said York doesn’t run a lot of different plays, but everything they do run is run to precision. So, I agree - York has a lot of good coming up.

Reactions: Dual-triple_threat

He doesn’t have any offers but yes he’s really good. Undersized so hopefully he grows.

+What was the GBW score?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT