ADVERTISEMENT

Will DGN Cross the 50?

Will DGN Cross the 50?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
For historical and entertainment purposes only.
It’s a shame you have to put a disclaimer like this out but there is a severe rash of over sensitivity this year, see the MC/BG thread for the latest (this being typed with a smile, not out of frustration....you see what I mean😀).

Serious note, yes they will. MC is dealing with the physical price of beating LA in the week 9 Classic still and it may last awhile.

DGN is not a layup - lot of close games with 8a York, GBW and Lyons - solid wins over 8a playoff DGS, WB
DateTimeResultScoreOpp.
Score
OTH/AOpponentOpp.
Record
Opp.
Enroll.
Other Site/Game Info
Aug 267:30W3613 AHoffman Estates (H.S.)6-31951.50
Sep 27:30W300 AVilla Park (Willowbrook)5-41934.00
Sep 97:00W277 HDowners Grove (South)6-32748.50
Sep 167:30L1724 AElmhurst (York)9-02855.00
Sep 237:30W490 HHillside (Proviso West)3-62237.50
Sep 307:30W233 HHinsdale (Central)4-52705.00
Oct 81:30L2128 AGlen Ellyn (Glenbard West)8-12352.00
Oct 147:30W206 HOak Park (River Forest)4-53398.50
Oct 2212:00L1324 ALaGrange (Lyons)7-24020.00

DGN is not a layup - lot of close games with 8a York, GBW and Lyons - solid wins over 8a playoff DGS, WB
DateTimeResultScoreOpp.
Score
OTH/AOpponentOpp.
Record
Opp.
Enroll.
Other Site/Game Info
Aug 267:30W3613AHoffman Estates (H.S.)6-31951.50
Sep 27:30W300AVilla Park (Willowbrook)5-41934.00
Sep 97:00W277HDowners Grove (South)6-32748.50
Sep 167:30L1724AElmhurst (York)9-02855.00
Sep 237:30W490HHillside (Proviso West)3-62237.50
Sep 307:30W233HHinsdale (Central)4-52705.00
Oct 81:30L2128AGlen Ellyn (Glenbard West)8-12352.00
Oct 147:30W206HOak Park (River Forest)4-53398.50
Oct 2212:00L1324ALaGrange (Lyons)7-24020.00
And they are at home, and MC is banged up all to hell and that’s not a diversion tactic. It will be a game

Reactions: patsfan07
Wow. Hilarious. I believe it was a DGN mom that imploded when this was posted. Lol!

It may not be by a “pop Warner difference,” however MC may have an advantage in certain areas. In short, I expect DGN to come out hard on their home field. I expect parking to be scarce at best and I expect this contest to be a potential heart attack for anyone wearing a scapular! In short: Caravan by a hair…

Reactions: ignazio
It may not be by a “pop Warner difference,” however MC may have an advantage in certain areas. In short, I expect DGN to come out hard on their home field. I expect parking to be scarce at best and I expect this contest to be a potential heart attack for anyone wearing a scapular! In short: Caravan by a hair…
Dude you beat me to it! Lol

Is that area of Downers Grove safe?

Downers grove has a lovely downtown full of revelry. I merely suspect the high school was built years ago without envisioning the magnitude of a 2nd round IHSA playoff game? Parking may be scarce

Downers grove has a lovely downtown full of revelry. I merely suspect the high school was built years ago without envisioning the magnitude of a 2nd round IHSA playoff game? Parking may be scarce
Downers North has a pretty big lot along main street.

Wow. Hilarious. I believe it was a DGN mom that imploded when this was posted. Lol!
eagles:

It was a DGN mom who imploded when it was posted.

I have a very good recollection of the thread because the hysterical online meltdown she suffered was directed at me. I cannot account for how this woman learned of Dean's prediction, but when she entered the thread, she struck the way a tornado hits a trailer park. Pelting me with false accusations, she attempted to drown me in innuendo and insults before she finally, at long last, discovered I had neither started the thread nor delivered the prediction.

To this day I don't believe the woman ever grasped I have no attachment to MC, but rather am a supporter of LA. I did find it amusing to see she had joined the forum only one day before making a complete fool out of herself.

Unsurprisingly, we never saw her again.

Shame on me for looking ahead but DGN will score twice- but unfortunately they will succumb to the Caravan. Setting up a Quarter between RIce and MC which public proponents will say it was designed.

For historical and entertainment purposes only.
Unfortunately, I think DGN is going to cross the 50 this time LOL. DGN has a new coach and my understanding is that they don't run the veer anymore. I have heard they have a great QB. MC obviously does not run the veer anymore and scores quickly so more time for DGN to cross the 50.

In 2013, DGN did manage to score one first down against Steve Richardson and Enoch Smith, the anchors of the defensive line. And I think that DGN did cross the 50 once, but that was on a fumble, which doesn't count as offense.

I don't know why they lost to Prospect 20-14 in the 2005 title game. Over confident? Maybe. Just one of those days? Probably.

Reactions: RockSoup
In 2013, DGN did manage to score one first down against Steve Richardson and Enoch Smith, the anchors of the defensive line. And I think that DGN did cross the 50 once, but that was on a fumble, which doesn't count as offense.

I don't know why they lost to Prospect 20-14 in the 2005 title game. Over confident? Maybe. Just one of those days? Probably.
Right, they did not cross it. They recovered a fumble on the MC side of the 50 and the next play MC tackled them on other side of it. I think they had 8 yards of total offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: caravan8
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT