ADVERTISEMENT

Why is MC Not 8A?

La requeats to go up.

Mc seems scared.

No conference restrictions holding them back. Must just be fear.
If this is because of the lone MC supporter that belittles all other programs, don’t let that be the reason to hold MC to some higher standard than necessary.

LA requested up and that’s awesome. I wish MC did too, but I totally understand any schools decision not to.

The lone voice clamoring for ESL to tell their conference off and for JC, PC, and Montini to only count titles that are convenient for this individual are all done out of a defensive view of the world where anyones comparable success somehow lessens his own schools.

Even worse than indicating that ESL should defy their conference and go independent in all sports was the day after the Cubs won game 7 of the 2016 World Series. Predictably, this individual argued that the white Sox won the 2005 World Series in a far superior mere 4 games, which was somehow meant to elevate his own teams success and cheapen the success of a perceived rival. That narrative is perfectly indicative of the mindset we are working with here. It is a rogue individual, not the embodiment of an otherwise classy program.

Just can’t imagine going through life like that. I am personally hoping MC wins tomorrow. I imagine they will be 8A in a few years.

And funny that the guy who thought 4A was trophy shopping didn’t say anything about PC getting their credit card declined by SHG tonight.

Last edited:
The lone voice clamoring for ESL to tell their conference off and for JC, PC, and Montini to only count titles that are convenient for this individual are all done out of a defensive view of the world where anyones comparable success somehow lessens his own schools.

The schools you mentioned should be in 7A or at least 6A. You should all have some self respect.

4A????? , Grow a pair!

Regarding ESL and their conference, what the heck does my comments regarding the Cubs have to do with anything.? BTW, the Sox clobbered Houston in 2005, while the Cubs barely got by Cleveland. That wouldn't count for those who pursue participation trophies.

SHG doesn't play in the CCL. Providence, a weak 6A or 7A managed to beat lower level opponents to get to the finals. That was it. What could you expect from the forfeit school?

Hillman, you're simply trying to defend your school administrator's chicken bleep decision to go 4A. Your recent trophies are tainted.

I've been taking a lot of grief regarding my claim that CCL/ESCC schools shouldn't play down. But more and more posters are starting to see my way.

The schools you mentioned should be in 7A or at least 6A. You should all have some self respect.

4A????? , Grow a pair!

Regarding ESL and their conference, what the heck does my comments regarding the Cubs have to do with anything.? BTW, the Sox clobbered Houston in 2005, while the Cubs barely got by Cleveland. That wouldn't count for those who pursue participation trophies.

SHG doesn't play in the CCL. Providence, a weak 6A or 7A managed to beat lower level opponents to get to the finals. That was it. What could you expect from the forfeit school?

Hillman, you're simply trying to defend your school administrator's chicken bleep decision to go 4A. Your recent trophies are tainted.

I've been taking a lot of grief regarding my claim that CCL/ESCC schools shouldn't play down. But more and more posters are starting to see my way.
Providence was just pummeled by that team who isn’t in the ccl/escc and apparently doesn’t meet your nebulous “sophistication” measure to demand playing up.

Your World Series angst you just mentioned is so indicative of everything you are saying. You feel threatened by ESL because they are the states all time winningest program. You’re threatened by JC because they have the most state championships. The 2016 World Series was threatening because it was more recent than 2005. No other fan is worried about those things. You fixate on them.

You say petition up to 7A, or at least 6A. ESL is 6A and that’s not enough for you. You say 7A is valid but as soon as MC gets bumped up to 8A in a few years, it no longer will be because this is all self serving theatre to fit your mental gymnastics.

Providence is the forfeit school to you because of a decision made years ago?

Remember when MC used to be the school that didn’t display second place trophies because it was beneath them and should never wear gold pants? And then all that changed and it was ok. You learned to live with those things and life went on.

JC was a peer institution in terms of enrollment with MC through the 90s and into the early 00s to some degree. They are no longer, nor is Montini. Yes they are programs that are fairly “sophisticated” for their enrollment. They are not 8A schools by any measure. This is not the JC of Mike Alstott or Tom Thayers era. 2021 JC could have played with anyone, but that was an aberration and the only time that has been true in the last 10-15 years.

JC won’t be 4A next year. They will likely be 5A and PC in 6A and both also likely not to be favored to win a title. You should learn to roll with those changes.

No, there is no groundswell of support agreeing with you. It’s hard to argue JC and PC were woefully misplaced in class when neither raised the big trophy this year. In fact, this very thread shows there are probably more bystanders wondering why MC is not in 8A with Loyola than why an upstart Providence is not in 6A. And if MC wins by 30 tomorrow, those questions will have validity. PC winning four competitive games in a row to win the honor of getting thumped by SHG is proof they were clearly in the wrong class? Hardly.

And it’s ok MC didn’t petition up. If they win tomorrow as they should, their trophy won’t be tainted for not petitioning up. And if they are upset somehow, MC will still display a second place trophy. Things change and it all winds up ok in the end. And if in a couple years MC is to catch up to JC in titles or ESL in wins, it will be fine. It would change nothing for the positive or negative for any of those programs because only keyboard warriors are worried about counting titles back to the 1970s or wins back to the 1890s. Those “gullible” 8th graders only care about recent trophies and cafeteria food.

Last edited:
the fact that anyone responded to C90 is the real problem
No Sir, MC63 is and remains the problem, and you too know it.
His post in this thread from 1:14 AM today yet again makes it as clear as day.
Frankly, I feel embarrassed for all of the good people of the Mount Carmel community that a self proclaimed "Cheerleader" from the early 1960s tarnishes such a respected institution in such a childish manner.

Last edited:

4A????? , Grow a pair!

Pump the brakes ya old fart! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: mchsalumni

4A????? , Grow a pair!

What is your opinion of Mount Carmel playing in 7A? Should they step up and petition to be in 8A every year?

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Obviously, I am ignorant of the situation, but Wilmette Loyola Academy is only in 8A because they petitioned up?

If so, thank you Loyola Academy! Now, please stay there.
LA falls in 8A when they are multiplied. The ihsa counted the 2020 season as a season so heading into last season, LA didn’t meet the requirements to be multiplied in the playoffs. They would’ve been in 7A but instead petitioned up to 8A. After the past 2 season LA will once again be multiplied to 8A for the foreseeable future. Kudos to Coach Holocek for not taking the 2 years in 7A and putting LA where they normally play.

Last edited:
What is your opinion of Mount Carmel playing in 7A? Should they step up and petition to be in 8A every year?
I have no problem with them in either 7A or 8A. They played in 8A for a while before 2013. When they’re multiplied they fall in 7A and have since 2013. In that time they have 2 titles (2013,2019), a second round exit (2015), 3 semifinals losses (2014,2017,2018) a missed playoffs (2016) and a quarterfinal loss (2021). If they were winning multiple titles ins row then I would say yes they need to petition up, but as it stands I think they’re where they should be. This years team is obviously very talented

LA falls in 8A when they are multiplied. The ihsa counted the 2020 season as a season so heading into last season, LA didn’t meet the requirements to be multiplied in the playoffs. They would’ve been in 7A but instead petitioned up to 8A. After the past 2 season LA will once again be multiplied to 8A for the foreseeable future. Kudos to Coach Holocek for not taking the 2 years in 7A and putting LA where they normally play.
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: JAYC14
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT