ADVERTISEMENT

Who Begins First??

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
Which sport is able to come together and get their sport going again first???

MLB
NHL
NBA

And do any of the below begin playing before the above three

NFL
College Football
IL HS Football

Give me your predictions.

======

What possible rule change or change in the game do you think will affect you the most when you watch sports again?

Last edited:
Which sport is able to come together and get their sport going again first???

MLB
NHL
NBA

And do any of the below begin playing before the above three

NFL
College Football
IL HS Football

Give me your predictions.

======

What possible rule change or change in the game do you think will affect you the most when you watch sports again?

NBA finish the season at Disneyland
NHL
MLB

No on the second question.

I would imagine the lawsuits are already being drafted if/when the NCAA and IHSA pull the plug on their fall seasons.

MLB begins first followed by NBA and nhl. NFL plays, no NCAA or HS football at all

I seem to question the MLB the most. There seems to be a tug of war over "greed" between the owners and the players in that sport more than the others.

Last edited:
MLB will play - just look how fast California caved after Arizona and Florida said they were welcome to play there.

The NFL will play. They could play every game away and viewership would be through the roof.

The NCAA will play since football pays all the bills and, heaven forbid, we go a year without womens crew.

And the IHSA will play after they issue a binder full of new guidelines that they insist everyone must follow. Once they compel all to the myriad of contradictory rules, regulations, directives, mandates, guidelines, and suggestions, they'll be taken to court, lose, and cancel the state tournament.

Last edited:
Piss on Pro Sports.All the times they went on strike & gave fans the middle finger.Well right back at all of them

If a few schools like Michigan elect not to play sports I can see the NCAA allowing a special hardship transfer for all student athletes there. If schools are not going to play no athlete should be stuck attending there.

Unless they are going to also increase the scholarship limit that will not help most of those players for this season. Particularly if there are multiple schools not playing.

One thing I don't get with the NBA and NHL is why do they want to bring back 16 to 24 teams to play to end the season??

Forget it! It's going to be June or July before you get started and I don't want to see any of these sports until October.

If you want to play then bring the top 4 teams and have playoffs so we get all this done quickly. The 5th best team and others do not matter at this point. Then make sure an asterisk is placed next to the champion.

One thing I don't get with the NBA and NHL is why do they want to bring back 16 to 24 teams to play to end the season??

Forget it! It's going to be June or July before you get started and I don't want to see any of these sports until October.

If you want to play then bring the top 4 teams and have playoffs so we get all this done quickly. The 5th best team and others do not matter at this point. Then make sure an asterisk is placed next to the champion.

TV Money. Which they need to salvage as much as possible for salary cap purposes next year.

Reactions: Wassup13
TV Money. Which they need to salvage as much as possible for salary cap purposes next year.

Let me know when there are 4 teams left and I will begin to watch, unless HS and college football season started then too bad other sports, I'm watching football.

Well
Because I am a Laker fan I would like to see them finish the season. Just because the Bulls are no where near making the playoffs doesn’t mean they shouldn’t finish the season. It won’t bother me a bit if their playing even while football is playing. Who cares more sports to watch.

NHL said Chicago may be one of their hub cities.
This option seems to be getting more traction. I wonder if the annual summer weekend violence in Chicagoland represents a consideration in city choice. Longer term stays including frequent trips to the UC on the near West Side could give some people pause. Also, 4-month closure of eastbound Eisenhower to northbound Kennedy is bad timing.

This option seems to be getting more traction. I wonder if the annual summer weekend violence in Chicagoland represents a consideration in city choice. Longer term stays including frequent trips to the UC on the near West Side could give some people pause. Also, 4-month closure of eastbound Eisenhower to northbound Kennedy is bad timing.

That will not matter at all. What matters is the amount of hockey rinks in the Chicagoland area.

Let me know when there are 4 teams left and I will begin to watch, unless HS and college football season started then too bad other sports, I'm watching football.
NBA will be done before labor day. Reason playoffs normally takes 2 months is because random extra off days giving teams a travel and and off day between games. With no travel. Teams will be playing every other day. So doing the math and with a shorter first round plus the play in games they'll need about 60 days. If they start July 4th and Labor Day being September 7th, NBA should have about 65 days to fit everything in. Plus, if they needed to they can add back to backs if necessary. Then start next season on Christmas.

NBA smarter than most of these other leagues. Playoffs will always be a summer thing. June and July maybe bleed into August a tad. Free Agency September 1 and big FA's signed before NFL kickoffs.

MLB closes all spring training facilities.

Sports for 2020 is not looking good.

Reactions: Zebra
Sports won't happen until everyone realizes we will all mostly get it, and we will all mostly survive. There is no stopping it, mitigating it, or eradicating it for many years if ever. It is widespread and not going away. Either figure out how to live with it, or we will have no sports or almost anything else for possibly forever. The best chance we have is if it somehow ends up like SARS and dies out naturally. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: mates1 and Wassup13
Regardless of when each of the professional sports open, it will be so politically-charged initially, maybe more of a delay will take some of the steam out of commissioners, owners, coaches and players one-upping each other with their stances on current social issues. Then maybe the focus could turn to actual competition more quickly to start scoring in real contests instead of racking up political points.

Reactions: mc140
I starting to ask myself how long can I go without the major sports not being played?

I'm already going crazy and need a new hobby.

my feeling is no sports until 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Zebra
I starting to ask myself how long can I go without the major sports not being played?

I'm already going crazy and need a new hobby.
I had thought that back in April. Sports are definitely my favorite hobby/pastime.

last week I thought to myself, I really haven’t found myself missing MLB or the NBA/NHL playoffs much in the last few weeks. I’m sure that if HS football were to be scratched that may change, but I really don’t find myself missing the televised professional games nearly as much as I anticipated back in March.

I have not been a big baseball fan lately but this year I was really looking forward to watching all the young very talented kids on the Sox.

The last time I was really looking forward to Sox games was when they had Baines, Fisk,. Luzinski and Kittle.

I had thought that back in April. Sports are definitely my favorite hobby/pastime.

last week I thought to myself, I really haven’t found myself missing MLB or the NBA/NHL playoffs much in the last few weeks. I’m sure that if HS football were to be scratched that may change, but I really don’t find myself missing the televised professional games nearly as much as I anticipated back in March.
I’m with you there. Baseball has always been my favorite but surprisingly it’s not killing me without it. Netflix has become my friend, and the great outdoors. It’s kind of a nice reset for me.

I’m with you there. Baseball has always been my favorite but surprisingly it’s not killing me without it. Netflix has become my friend, and the great outdoors. It’s kind of a nice reset for me.
Check out Alone on Netflix. Awesome

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT