ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s your #2?

MS4EVER

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2004
Besides your favorite team, who are you pulling for to win a state title?

This year I’m pulling for St. Rita of Cascia!
Love the uniforms, met the coach last year and they were oh so close like MS. Also the posters on the board are cool!

Love the uniforms, met the coach last year and they were oh so close like MS. Also the posters on the board are cool!
This is a hard one, if I have to choose a 2nd it is going to be Bolingbrook. It’s been awhile since they won state and I really like they way they go about their business. I am torn because it’s a tie with MS. MS is always right their and I respect their program a ton. I made my choice because it’s been a while since Bones Raiders have won it all and if my Griiffins don’t get it done well they are in the same SWSB conference!
Here’s wishing all 3 good luck! 👍

Reactions: rocketnation

That's the spirit, MS! Appreciate you jumping on the Rita Bandwagon. Let's go Cascia!!!!

Love the story you meeting TK.

I shall return the favor and pull for Maine South. I love the DuKane conference, so my third team shall be GBN.

Reactions: RockSoup
I honestly root for all the Catholic League schools, in particularly BR and SR. My 2 brothers, 4 nephews and numerous cousins went and played for BR and 2 of my 3 sisters were BR cheerleaders....so I have no escape from that school or my endless info of insider knowledge....Coach Mitchell was great to my family and very supportive when i told him I was going to MC...."I went to MC and loved it, you will too" he told me. So I'm linked to BR through blood....even though a couple BR fans on this site can get particularly testy at times ; )!

SR to me has always been the school I want MC to beat, but I don’t want anyone else to beat them, even BR. With the storied rivalry MC has with them you can't not respect them. And their whole side cheering “Hit em High, Hit em low, Go Rita Go! During the games is a great tradition

Outside of that, being from the South Side, I’ve known so many great families that support these two schools the same way I support MC. My kids have been, and are still best friends with so many SR/BR students over the years...the fact that they all went to different schools never mattered with them. They’re great schools and outside of the one, sometimes two, times a year they play each other, I truly wish them well.

I know Marist can also fall into this category but I will always consider them ESCC.....and while I know many great people that went there and have had positive experiences, the majority of them don’t follow them or have have that strong care of how they do after they graduate....think about it, how many Marist fans are in this site?

Last edited:
That's the spirit, MS! Appreciate you jumping on the Rita Bandwagon. Let's go Cascia!!!!

Love the story you meeting TK.

I shall return the favor and pull for Maine South. I love the DuKane conference, so my third team shall be GBN.
Love GBN to get title! I think they have made the finals 3 or 4 times w/o a win over there history

It's all contingent lol in 8A after The Brook (and DGS) is out I'm for the SWSB then it depends on the teams playing.

For the other classes I pull for the underdogs, except EStL, I pull for them despite being the overcats.

Well, as a SF graduate, I always want Montini and Marmion to do well. I always pull for LA in the CCL.

Batavia. Think Coach Piron runs a fantastic program, great community and like their Uni’s.

Used to be Montini when Coach Andriono was there. Was so happy for him when they became a powerhouse.

Reactions: rocketnation
I will be rooting for Wheaton Academy. I took in a game there last year (against IC Catholic) and they seem to be building something. It will be interesting to see how far the program can go in the next several years. I don't know his role, but I saw the former Wheaton College head coach on the sidelines.

• Love
Reactions: MS4EVER
I honestly root for all the Catholic League schools, in particularly BR and SR. My 2 brothers, 4 nephews and numerous cousins went and played for BR and 2 of my 3 sisters were BR cheerleaders....so I have no escape from that school or my endless info of insider knowledge....Coach Mitchell was great to my family and very supportive when i told him I was going to MC...."I went to MC and loved it, you will too" he told me. So I'm linked to BR through blood....even though a couple BR fans on this site can get particularly testy at times ; )!

SR to me has always been the school I want MC to beat, but I don’t want anyone else to beat them, even BR. With the storied rivalry MC has with them you can't not respect them. And their whole side cheering “Hit em High, Hit em low, Go Rita Go! During the games is a great tradition

Outside of that, being from the South Side, I’ve known so many great families that support these two schools the same way I support MC. My kids have been, and are still best friends with so many SR/BR students over the years...the fact that they all went to different schools never mattered with them. They’re great schools and outside of the one, sometimes two, times a year they play each other, I truly wish them well.

I know Marist can also fall into this category but I will always consider them ESCC.....and while I know many great people that went there and have had positive experiences, the majority of them don’t follow them or have have that strong care of how they do after they graduate....think about it, how many Marist fans are in this site?
Truce? Last few years have been quite testy between all Crusader & Caravan fans.

Reactions: Gene K.
And yet I feel no connection to Carmel Catholic of Mundelein. Strange????
Outside of the two classics we played against them in 2002 we really have no history and it’s a shame. They had some unbelievable teams under Bitto. I’m thankful we didn’t have to drive up to Mundelein on a Friday night though...

Other than my alma mater, which hasn’t made the playoffs since 1982 (East Aurora). I really don’t have a second team I follow or root for.

Oswego being the team I follow and that will likely lessen after this season as well.

Other than my alma mater, which hasn’t made the playoffs since 1982 (East Aurora). I really don’t have a second team I follow or root for.

Oswego being the team I follow and that will likely lessen after this season as well.
EA is a program I always root for. I would love to see the tomcats get into the playoffs. Coach Kukuc has done an amazing job since he's been with the Tomcats.

I
EA is a program I always root for. I would love to see the tomcats get into the playoffs. Coach Kukuc has done an amazing job since he's been with the Tomcats.
I agree, I like him too, I’m happy I get to see a game this year at new stadium.

Ugh. I'm the same way. My Alma mater is one of perennially worst teams in the state (Maine East).. made the playoffs once, my freshman year in 1977. I'd be thrilled with 2-7 actually

Reactions: Alexander32
I typically root for MC. I respect the tradition of the school and the program and the schools(JC/MC) seem to share a lot of the same characteristics. In addition, I know quite a few MC alum's and they are a pretty good group of guys. I also root for both the Joliet public schools. I have many friends who went there as well as ones who send their kids there now. I know it's blasphemous for some, but I will always pull for the Joliet public schools when they are not playing JCA.

Ugh. I'm the same way. My Alma mater is one of perennially worst teams in the state (Maine East).. made the playoffs once, my freshman year in 1977. I'd be thrilled with 2-7 actually
I'm glad to see there is at least one other graduate from Maine East that contributes to this board. I graduated from there in 1974.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT