ADVERTISEMENT

Which HC Has the Best All Time Record vs JCA?

My guess would be Racki, Lenti, or Sneffner as a starting point

I think Racki is now .500 against JCA with a 7-7 record with a pretty special win coming less than a month ago ;)

Does Lenti have a losing record against any school or coach?
There was a couple schools that MC played only once and lost too but teams we played more then once I can only think of Maine South who beat MC in the 95 ans 10 State game and MC beat them in 08 playoffs, so vs Lenti they are 2-1….when did Stone leave JCA? He might be .500 vs Lenti, JCA was our kryptonite from 91-94

There was a couple schools that MC played only once and lost too but teams we played more then once I can only think of Maine South who beat MC in the 95 ans 10 State game and MC beat them in 08 playoffs, so vs Lenti they are 2-1….when did Stone leave JCA? He might be .500 vs Lenti, JCA was our kryptonite from 91-94
Stone's last year was 96 I believe

Reactions: JCHillmen
Andriano definitely wins the award for being the biggest pain in our sides for the better part of 6 years, followed closely by Matt Senfner throughout the 90s and early 2000s.

2018 exorcised a lot of demons against Montini even it if was against Andriano's successor. And it has been nice to see JC flip the Holy War from Providence dominance to a 5-1 advantage since 2015 and 7-3 since 2010.

JCHS alums actually seem to have a very strong track record against their alma mater. NN-JC had a regular season series for a few years in the early 90s and I believe McKeon and NN won all or most of those matchups. Matt Senfner was a JCHS alum as well. I believe JC won the initial PC-JC matchup in 1989 and then Seff went on to win something like at least 4 in a row vs. JC throughout the 90s and early 2000s.

Reactions: Gene K.
John Thorne was 3-0 in the playoffs against JCA

1988. 28-0
1991. 28-6
1992. 40-34

Muhitch when he was HC also won a regular season game against JCA in 2008 I believe, that was the last time the teams played.

Reactions: RockSoup
In 1982, JC was #1 had a long winning streak, beat MC I think the second game by 20+ points. JC stayed undefeated and played MC in the playoffs. MC had one loss to J C. MC was big underdog and won in the “T-shirt game”. Memorial Stadium was packed, probably 10,000 fans. The good old days! Power against power.

Reactions: Silver Rain
In 1982, JC was #1 had a long winning streak, beat MC I think the second game by 20+ points. JC stayed undefeated and played MC in the playoffs. MC had one loss to J C. MC was big underdog and won in the “T-shirt game”. Memorial Stadium was packed, probably 10,000 fans. The good old days! Power against power.
First game that year was JC 32-7. After the T shirt game, they wouldn't play again until 1991.

Next season week 7 at MC will be the first time they will have played in 17 years, since the 2007 broken down trick play game.

Reactions: Silver Rain
Can you refresh our memories re the "tee shirt game" Thanks.
.In a November 14, 1994 issue of Sports Illustrated, in which writer John Walters covered the nation’s best High School Football rivalries in the article Unrivaled Rivalries, Joliet Catholic versus Mount Carmel was one of eleven cited. Of note reads the sentence: “This series was suspended for eight years in the 1980s after a fight nearly erupted between the schools’ priests.”

Mount Carmel avenged their week #2 loss by shocking the Hilltoppers with a 28-22 surprise in the Round #2 match up in Joliet, spoiling the Hilltoppers’ bid to repeat as Class 5A Champions. This was the game made famous by Mount Carmel removing the shoulders pads and jerseys as time ran out to display T-shirts proclaiming that they had beaten Joliet Catholic. Recall what Sport Illustrated captured so well in so few words. Legend is that during the post-game Carmelite reception at the Joliet Catholic High School Priory, what could best be described as an impassioned “in-family” disagreement arose in the parlor. Strong willed Carmelite leaders with deep convictions had differing opinions of where the post-game T-Shirt incident fell within the spirit of sportsmanship. Later, it was agreed that it was best for both institutions to end the early season series. 1982 was also the first year of the USA Today National Prep Poll and despite the season ending loss, the Hilltoppers were ranked #19 nationally in the final USA Today poll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT