ADVERTISEMENT

Wheaton-Warrenville South

3OrangeWhips

Oct 29, 2010
Obviously they’re battle-tested while playing a good schedule in a quality conference. Also played Neuqua in week 2.

What’s the scouting report?

Reactions: dweise
I like the sound of that. Definitely want/expecting a competitive game. As it should be with these two programs.

WWS' strategy will be to eat the clock with long 8-10 minutes drives, which they can do. Could get ugly is BR gets up multiple scores early.

BR may struggle will long breaks on offense.

Reactions: 3OrangeWhips
WWS has a really good defense and will slow BR down but their lack of offense has gotten them all year. Their two best offensive players went down in the preseason and week 1 although Healy did come back last week to play defense and played really well at corner. I’m not sure they will play him at offense this week since he is still banged up. Their QB went down in the first half and didn’t return so his status is up in the air for this week. Overall for the Tigers the new staff has improved as the year has gone on but learning curve has been steep I would imagine they throw a few wrinkles out this week but not being able to score will kill them.

Fremd, round 1 at BR……
Rice also had a great offense that year, but not as good as this year’s. And they didn’t have Lausch. We’ll see if this marist win flipped a switch for the BR defense or not. That was the best game the defense played all year. I’m not sleeping on a Dukane program of the stature of WWS.

Last edited:
Reactions: MC2023 and Queen4
Fremd, round 1 at BR……
I would agree with you if it weren't for the defense's resilience to being down 14-0 in the second and third quarters against their rival. Against a quality opponent, they finally played aggressively and attacked gaps.

On offense, Jack Lausch is terrific, and he gets to touch the ball every play. The key to BR's postseason success is his health. And, contrary to some posters' opinions, I believe BR's offense is built for cold, rainy weather. Who has a better offensive line, tight end, running back, and quarterback combination to run the ball? Perhaps a healthy JCA or Loyola but besides that I'd choose BR.

Whether it's 75 degrees and sunny or 12 degrees and snowing, no one is doubling our receivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: dweise and USD24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT