ADVERTISEMENT

What team (besides the one you follow)do you expect to surprise us this season

I'm assuming you are asking about Fremd? They should be pretty good. Strong chance they win the conference again as they had a strong sophomore group last year. All 3 LBs are returning, but losing Hipchen is massive. He covered so much ground on defense, and was really one of the only things that worked for them on offense last year. They are really lacking in size on the line, besides Walsh, which is a bad weakness to have. My guess is probably another second round exit.
Whoops! Sorry! Yes, Fremd. Thank you! (Updated)

Watch out for Burlington Central. I see a 6 win season, then getting in playoffs and making some noise this season. Tough conference though, will need a surprise and may hit 7 wins.

I'm interested if Sycamore can keep it's program moving forward and make the final 4 of the playoffs.

Willowbrook also intrigues me.
Well, as a parent of 2 Willowbrook juniors playing... I’m intrigued too :)

Give the North some love .... Warren Township is the new power house out North. If you want to see sone fast and physical football come to Gurnee Illinois ... Home of six flags

Their you are.
Micah why would Warren be a surprise team? Played in 8A final last year. I agree with you though Warren is the real deal as long as they reload from last years roster. It sounds like they have something special starting up there. That all said they still need to seal the deal and to do that they have to get through some other tuff established programs that always seem to reload year over year.

Look out for Clark. Only lost 6 SRs. Starting OL is huge,JR LT 6-5, 320, SR 6-1, 310, SO C 6-1 250, JR RG 6-2 275, JR RT 6-4 300, JR TE 6-5 245. Plus has a 6-8 335 SO T/NT
It never ceases to amaze me how much bigger these kids are than when I played at JCA in the late 70's - early 80's.

I was an OT at 6'0" 220 (exaggerated sometimes as bigger). Granted I was very small by JCA standards back then, but today I wouldn't even make a decent sized running back or defensive LB/DB.

How can they afford to feed these monsters?

It never ceases to amaze me how much bigger these kids are than when I played at JCA in the late 70's - early 80's.

I was an OT at 6'0" 220 (exaggerated sometimes as bigger). Granted I was very small by JCA standards back then, but today I wouldn't even make a decent sized running back or defensive LB/DB.

It ain't easy to feed them, especially anything of quality with some health benefits.

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81

Well last year when the big 6''8 kid came in as a FR, I thought he was a parent, lol I asked him who his son was and if he played football, the kid just stood there looking at me like I was crazy, lol.

Well last year when the big 6''8 kid came in as a FR, I thought he was a parent, lol I asked him who his son was and if he played football, the kid just stood there looking at me like I was crazy, lol.
Has CPS schools been allowed to start workouts yet? I know there was a delay with them starting back up.

Kids are way bigger now even compared to when I played, late 90's. It's crazy.

Food tastes better?
More steroids and growth hormones in the food. When I played in the late 80's if you were 6'2 250 that was considered huge...anything over that was freakishly big....now 250 is standard to actually a bit light to play the line.

For a team that I think will surprise I’ll throw De La Salle name into the ring. Jason Moore is a really strong do everything player and very dangerous if he gets in the open. They have a D1 Linebacker heading to Iowa State and D1 DB. The Oline returns some talent and has good size and they have a returning QB I believe. They have a tough Catholic League schedule though. If they can upset someone that can really get them going. This has been a common tale with De in the past though, 3 or 4 really strong players with a so-so supporting cast.

Thanks for the kind words regarding the Meteors. Hope you're right! Jason and Aidan Ralph are big-time football players. Would love to see Jason play DI ball somewhere.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT