ADVERTISEMENT

What schools don’t have football that you think probably should have it?

IlliniEight4ever

Jun 17, 2022
What schools who don’t Co-Op & don’t have football do you think should have it? Southland Prep,Beecher & Iliana Christian come to mind.

Loved those kids.Red Ramblers!!! Great team in 85.Heartbreaking OT loss in round 2

Last edited:
Mother McCauley. Seriously though, I routinely saw girls on the female sport athletic teams at the school in which I taught and coached who would have (been) welcomed as WRs, cover CBs or maybe FS. I would have put their athleticism and tenacity right in the playable mix.

Last edited:
Is Southland Prep capped at 500-600 enrollment? With the consolidation of the Rich's, wonder if there is greater demand from prospective athletes. Would they be glorified CPS, midrange Southland or possible SSC contender? Also could be a good match for Elmwood Park, Ridgewood, and Westmont if they get spun off.

Reactions: IlliniEight4ever
Is Southland Prep capped at 500-600 enrollment? With the consolidation of the Rich's, wonder if there is greater demand from prospective athletes. Would they be glorified CPS, midrange Southland or possible SSC contender? Also could be a good match for Elmwood Park, Ridgewood, and Westmont if they get spun off.
Providence-St.Mel
didn't they used to have football?

If they did get football & played some CPS,the above mentioned teams' few Gary schools & Walther Lutheran,Christ The King then you're most likely looking at playoffs each year.Chicago Hope Academy would be tough though

Coach Percy,I'm shocked Northside Prep don't have football or Hancock Prep.

Cristo Rey Jesuit,Epic Academy,Chicago Latin only because of their nicknames.​

Huge enrollment.Shocked they don’t at least Co-Op with Walther but would do great on their own
I think it’ll happen. The superintendent was at Aurora Christian when they started football and he would like it.

Their enrollment is on a 250 waitlist currently and the school is thriving. Great location to pull kids from every direction to play ball.

And they have tons of $$$ which has allowed them to keep their tuition down and provide a great education to the families.

I think it’ll happen. The superintendent was at Aurora Christian when they started football and he would like it.

Their enrollment is on a 250 waitlist currently and the school is thriving. Great location to pull kids from every direction to play ball.

And they have tons of $$$ which has allowed them to keep their tuition down and provide a great education to the families.
Any idea where they would play their home games ? It's been a while since I've been there, but I don't believe there's room to ever build a field

Why don't they tap a local like my guy Josh Crestman... get that thing on the right track
I inquired about it on the Sandwich Illinois Facebook page.Apparently the coaches aren’t well liked,run the same plays that don’t work & think they are the 2nd coming of Christ.Parents said their kids disliked the coaches so they quit.I divided the group when I mentioned that in life if those kids as young adults/Adults have a boss or bosses they dislike would they quit job to job while their family relies on them to pay the bills?

I inquired about it on the Sandwich Illinois Facebook page.Apparently the coaches aren’t well liked,run the same plays that don’t work & think they are the 2nd coming of Christ.Parents said their kids disliked the coaches so they quit.I divided the group when I mentioned that in life if those kids as young adults/Adults have a boss or bosses they dislike would they quit job to job while their family relies on them to pay the bills?
Unfortunately yes. This is the younger generations way.

Any idea where they would play their home games ? It's been a while since I've been there, but I don't believe there's room to ever build a field
Believe they have a soccer field on campus. They have the money to build a turf complex there so they can play both sports there.

Reactions: forlouann
I recall catching a Rickover game during one of those 4 games in 1 day at 1 stadium deals :) Didn't realize they only lasted 2 years in football & took over Luther North.The enrollment there fell by 1/2 and the area changed with residents who play the other football

I recall catching a Rickover game during one of those 4 games in 1 day at 1 stadium deals :) Didn't realize they only lasted 2 years in football & took over Luther North.The enrollment there fell by 1/2 and the area changed with residents who play the other football
In 10 years portage park may again be ripe for the football of this blog. ..the north side families who can't or won't leave the state are buying the houses in old irving park and points NW, hopefully the pre-Coid era CTE panic has subsided. The sailing thing could be a hook.

On Campus would be my bet as they are in the process of installing a new turf field and track (I believe) at the school. Not sure if they will lay down football or lacrosse lines as they currently don't offer either sports
They have a very well thought out facility with plenty of space.

Harvest Christian Academy is another one. All the sports they do have in the schools short history have done very well.
Curious how a football team attached to a large church would do. My gut says very well.

Northridge Prep with 380 boys is a no-brainer. Lease the field at nearby (1 mile) NDCP for games? I wonder what adding football would do for enrollment in a very stable all-boys private school like Northridge.

U-High in Chicago. Enrollment at 600. Friday night lights at Stagg Field would be pretty interesting.

IMSA's enrollment in grades 10-12 is more than sufficient to support two levels of football. They'd have to do it without a frosh program, though.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT