ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 7!?!?

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Hard to believe we have whipped through almost an entire season. Playoffs are just around the corner and Soucie is warming in the bullpen.

1 - That if there was any doubt Barrington erased that in qtr 1 as the best in the MSL hands down.
2 - That many talk about POY but few include Ray Niro in the discussion and they should.
3 - That Lake Zurich did LZ things you stevenson and is the NSC’s best.
4 - That Marist - we see you.
5 - That when it rains teams should be required to play on grass - love me some Duchon.
6 - That Phillips is CPS’ best but Raby is it far behind.
7 - That it’s sad to see how far down JCA and Carmel Catholic have slid.
8 - That GBS wanted Maine South and unfortunately for the Titans - Got ‘em.
9 - That a back yard rivalry should always end like Antioch-Lakes did.
10 - That you cant help but feel for the players at Hope. Wish a secondary solution for their Homecoming would’ve been available/considered.

Week 8 coming up

Hard to believe we have whipped through almost an entire season. Playoffs are just around the corner and Soucie is warming in the bullpen.

1 - That if there was any doubt Barrington erased that in qtr 1 as the best in the MSL hands down.
2 - That many talk about POY but few include Ray Niro in the discussion and they should.
3 - That Lake Zurich did LZ things you stevenson and is the NSC’s best.
4 - That Marist - we see you.
5 - That when it rains teams should be required to play on grass - love me some Duchon.
6 - That Phillips is CPS’ best but Raby is it far behind.
7 - That it’s sad to see how far down JCA and Carmel Catholic have slid.
8 - That GBS wanted Maine South and unfortunately for the Titans - Got ‘em.
9 - That a back yard rivalry should always end like Antioch-Lakes did.
10 - That you cant help but feel for the players at Hope. Wish a secondary solution for their Homecoming would’ve been available/considered.

Week 8 coming up
LZ's Luke Mertens really knows how to run an offense. Unreal play calling--made Stevenson look downright silly.

#10.You're kidding right? I felt bad that the people at Providence Catholic had to experience that & I also thought it was ignorant of the guy from Hope to claim the 1-6 record @ Wheaton St Francis played a part in the forfeit.But such is the media as certain must be protected.In fact Roosevelt offered to play them.I felt sorry for Lane as their homecoming got cancelled thanks to a lack of players at WY.

12. That with 110 players on the roster, you can still get everyone in the game.

#10.You're kidding right? I felt bad that the people at Providence Catholic had to experience that & I also thought it was ignorant of the guy from Hope to claim the 1-6 record @ Wheaton St Francis played a part in the forfeit.But such is the media as certain must be protected.In fact Roosevelt offered to play them.I felt sorry for Lane as their homecoming got cancelled thanks to a lack of players at WY.

St. Francis proved to be a joke this weekend. These kids at Hope got robbed of a homecoming game and please enlighten me as to whether a forfeit would have happened if Sparty needed a win for playoff purposes. Between this and the bailout from the CCL, the respect from here is gone. Good riddance.

For the record, this goof superac is chitownace that was probably banned, again. He's been banned more than fratboy

Reactions: FalconPadre
12. Maine South is a diverse inclusive community that doesn't take kindly to early to mid 20th century stereotyping. (MS MC, 2018 thread).

13. GBS didn’t do their kids any favors with their early schedule. Their lack of preparation was blatantly obvious not to mention their inability to adjust. They kept running the same plays with the same results.

LZ's Luke Mertens really knows how to run an offense. Unreal play calling--made Stevenson look downright silly.
Wish I could disagree. Unfortunately cannot. If I was an LZ fan I'd be very excited about what Merten's brings to the table. Looks like he brings youthful innovation, energy, and grasps the HS principle of playing your 11 best players on the field at all times. Hats off to LZ on a great performance.

13. GBS didn’t do their kids any favors with their early schedule. Their lack of preparation was blatantly obvious not to mention their inability to adjust. They kept running the same plays with the same results.

They were 1-8 last year. They're trying to get 5 wins and make the playoffs. Given where they are as a program currently, there's nothing wrong with their schedule.

Reactions: Quags57
14. Bad weather robs LWC from proving they are a top 30 team to this community. I get it, I follow them closer than most and if I did not know what I know about those kids I would probably think the same about the program. I will humbly sit quietly (ok not so humble or quite) and wait for them to finish top 4 in 7A if not the top. Then I can say, I told you so. Hope I just didn't set them up for a crazy loss against the next two opponents whom they should beat if they play to their potential. If they do loose one of those two, then I will be quite. In the mean time, I accept the snub and live in confidence that they are still better than Bolingbrook and Providence.

Last edited:
14. Bad weather robs LWC from proving they are a top 30 team to this community. I get it, I follow them closer than most and if I did not know what I know about those kids I would probably think the same about the program. I will humbly sit quietly (ok not so humble or quite) and wait for them to finish top 4 in 7A if not the top. Then I can say, I told you so. Hope I just didn't set them up for a crazy loss against the next two opponents whom they should despense with easily if they play to their potential. If they do loose one of those two, then I will be quite. In the mean time, I accept the snub and live in confidence that they are still better than Bolingbrook and Providence.
Perhaps Providence. Raiders would discard them like they always have except the nail biter last year in LWC's best team in decades and Brook's worst in decades.

Perhaps Providence. Raiders would dispatch of them like they always have except the nail biter last year in LWC's best team in decades and Brook's worst in decades.

I have seen this Brook class grow up. Nothing you can say will convince me they have turned around a very rough 3 years all of a sudden their senior season. It is a real shame they don't play this year because I fear it is a argument with no conclusion.

I also firmly believe that this year's LWC team is considerably better. Especially keeping in mind that most of the defense were just starting as juniors last year.

I have seen this Brook class grow up. Nothing you can say will convince me they have turned around a very rough 3 years all of a sudden their senior season. It is a real shame they don't play this year because I fear it is a argument with no conclusion.

I also firmly believe that this year's LWC team is considerably better. Especially keeping in mind that most of the defense were just starting as juniors last year.
They're Jr's and Sophs though. As rough as last year was it came down to the end. No way they win this year.

Very happy Central is good again. But let's not get carried away. They play any uber-athletic team that can pass and they are probably toast. If any team can stuff the run, we know Central can't throw the ball. Hope they prove me wrong, but still think their cupcake schedule will hurt them in playoffs.

I am very much looking forward to the East game. Hope I get to see that. Are we agreed that we can use how LWC played East vs how The Brook plays East as a comparison?
It's information I would put into the equation of course. Along with any other mutual opponent. But those trick plays wouldnt catch us off guard this year. That was half your points last season. 4th and long double reverse WR passes and what not.

They were 1-8 last year. They're trying to get 5 wins and make the playoffs. Given where they are as a program currently, there's nothing wrong with their schedule.
Urban Prep
St. Pats

Really

Very happy Central is good again. But let's not get carried away. They play any uber-athletic team that can pass and they are probably toast. If any team can stuff the run, we know Central can't throw the ball. Hope they prove me wrong, but still think their cupcake schedule will hurt them in playoffs.

I agree with the schedule part. I think the team would have been better they played better competition throughout the year. I think that was East's problem a few years ago too.

It's information I would put into the equation of course. Along with any other mutual opponent. But those trick plays wouldnt catch us off guard this year. That was half your points last season. 4th and long double reverse WR passes and what not.

I hear what you are saying, however that is how their offense works. If your dbs are staying home to cover that stuff they can't help with the run. Anyway I feel this topic may be high jacking this thread and don't want to do that. If someone wants to start another...I'm game.

Urban Prep
St. Pats

Really
Yeah. They were 1-8 in 2017! Who do you expect them to schedule? Massillon and Ben Davis? They are contractually obligated to play MS, NT, and 2 top MSL teams. So if they schedule too tough of an opponent in either week 1 or 2, they may be sitting home week 10.

I hear what you are saying, however that is how their offense works. If your dbs are staying home to cover that stuff they can't help with the run. Anyway I feel this topic may be high jacking this thread and don't want to do that. If someone wants to start another...I'm game.
I give them credit for coming out last year like they were the team fighting for the playoffs. Sure had me frustrated as I think we should have anticipated such playcalling after the 1st one. However, I dont think its time to call a one-off a trend. You guys are 1-9 against us with an average score 31-13 and in half of those 10 games you scored 7 or less. I would pump the breaks some. You dont see me out here saying what we'll do to LWE. This doesnt need a thread.

Yeah. They were 1-8 in 2017! Who do you expect them to schedule? Massillon and Ben Davis? They are contractually obligated to play MS, NT, and 2 top MSL teams. So if they schedule too tough of an opponent in either week 1 or 2, they may be sitting home week 10.
THEY SHOULD BE SITTING HOME AFTER WHAT THEY SHOWED FRIDAY!!!!!

If that’s a top 32 team, I would be embarrassed.

I give them credit for coming out last year like they were the team fighting for the playoffs. Sure had me frustrated as I think we should have anticipated such playcalling after the 1st one. However, I dont think its time to call a one-off a trend. You guys are 1-9 against us with an average score 31-13 and in half of those 10 games you scored 7 or less. I would pump the breaks some. You dont see me out here saying what we'll do to LWE. This doesnt need a thread.

Ok, week 7, learned the LWE vs The Brook is polkhighhero's week 9 game of the week!

THEY SHOULD BE SITTING HOME AFTER WHAT THEY SHOWED FRIDAY!!!!!

If that’s a top 32 team, I would be embarrassed.

Wonderful job deflecting. A totally irrelevevant point regarding our discussion on GBS's schedule.

Wonderful job deflecting. A totally irrelevevant point regarding our discussion on GBS's schedule.
Not a deflection at all!! Schedule somebody to help you get better. Scheduling St Pats... Urban Prep.
They schedule to make the playoffs is your position.

Ok.. so by the grace of God and blind faith, they make the playoffs. They should be even more Embarrassed. To put that team on the field in post season should be a crime against humanity.

The only thing missing Friday night was having Noll on the sidelines.

Reactions: lkhammer57

Spot on. A weakness of the LWC Defense seemed to be pass coverage from the one game I saw. That could be exploited in a big way somewhere down the road in the playoffs. And yes if they fall behind - their passing attack would be a big question mark as well but the game I saw they did not need to throw much and it was bad weather.

I wish LWC played BB and HF. Someone needs to fix that crazy scheduling. Or non scheduling as it were!

Not a deflection at all!! Schedule somebody to help you get better. Scheduling St Pats... Urban Prep.
They schedule to make the playoffs is your position.

Ok.. so by the grace of God and blind faith, they make the playoffs. They should be even more Embarrassed. To put that team on the field in post season should be a crime against humanity.

The only thing missing Friday night was having Noll on the sidelines.

Spare us all the dramatics. Plenty of teams not as talented as Maine South make the playoffs and lose in the first round. No shame in that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT