ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 6!?!?!

Still think no one really talks about Neuqua Valley enough. Blah blah blah I’m biased. I’ve seen PLENTY of high school football and I’m saying this team is elite. NOT talking about “that kid” but talking about THE TEAM. NO ONE has stopped our offense other than NC on a VERY crappy weather night. Our defense has been insane. 15 game winning streak dating to 2019 and the class of 2023 is 19-0 in HIGH SCHOOL!!! Not sure why that goes unnoticed.., and agreed the schedule has been extremely tough and still we are 6-0… so why the hate/doubt? I firmly stand that NV is best team in state and will go 14-0. Love, “pops”
Elite?

Wow, let's pump the breaks on Neuqua. You have another good team this year as you should. Enrollment 3,522 with excellent demographics (800 more than NN and NC) and yet the school has been an early exit in the playoffs every year except for the 20012-1013 seasons. Talk about underachieving! And your offense is not putting up big numbers. Very good defense and good team. Not elite. Schedule NOT extremely tough. Let's take a closer look...

Oswego... not one of Oswego's better teams. Up until this week they hadn't beat a team with a winning record. They slipped by Plainfield North by a TD this past Friday.

Wheaton South... another big name school but will most likely not even make the playoffs this year despite joining a weaker conference.

Naperville Central... the Redhawks (3-3) are not as strong as we first believed. And Naper North rolled up 500 yards and 37 points on Central, something Neuqua didn't come close to doing.

St. Louis St. Marys... class 3a school in Missouri (out of six classes) with an enrollment of 275 students. Neuqua has 3, 522. Congrats on that big win!

Metea Valley... a shutout over the conference's weakest program.

This could be the year Neuqua wins a few playoff games perhaps because some of the traditional powers are somewhat down. Looking forward to a playoff matchup against a Loyola or Brother Rice. You are not elite until you start winning in the postseason.
Look, I’m not trying to talk trash. Or be “proven wrong.” On paper, I just don’t understand why no one talks about them. Yes, I agree the lack of playoff success hurts the persona of the school but every team every year is completely independent of past teams. That goes for EVERY school. The catholic league teams RECRUIT players so honestly the continual discussions about enrollment are irrelevant. And that’s also why THOSE teams have “histories” and NV doesn’t. I have NOT been a NV fan my whole life I played at WWS-THATS my team and if you want to discuss history I’d be happy to talk about that. I’m just saying there is a LOT of evidence pointing to anELITE team that NO ONE has stopped. And no one talks about it. It’s fine, I’ll stop talking about it too and AFTER thanksgiving weekend I’ll just post “I told you” and that’s it…

Wow, let's pump the breaks on Neuqua. You have another good team this year as you should. Enrollment 3,522 with excellent demographics (800 more than NN and NC) and yet the school has been an early exit in the playoffs every year except for the 20012-1013 seasons. Talk about underachieving! And your offense is not putting up big numbers. Very good defense and good team. Not elite. Schedule NOT extremely tough. Let's take a closer look...

Oswego... not one of Oswego's better teams. Up until this week they hadn't beat a team with a winning record. They slipped by Plainfield North by a TD this past Friday.

Wheaton South... another big name school but will most likely not even make the playoffs this year despite joining a weaker conference.

Naperville Central... the Redhawks (3-3) are not as strong as we first believed. And Naper North rolled up 500 yards and 37 points on Central, something Neuqua didn't come close to doing.

St. Louis St. Marys... class 3a school in Missouri (out of six classes) with an enrollment of 275 students. Neuqua has 3, 522. Congrats on that big win!

This could be the year Neuqua wins a few playoff games perhaps because some of the traditional powers are somewhat down. Looking forward to a playoff matchup against a Loyola or Brother Rice. You are not elite until you start winning in the postseason.
That’s pretty much what I said in another post. We have no right to thump our chest. Yet.

You put up 500yds and 37 on NC. What did you do against Neuqua? 200 and 7? And I suppose our 21-7 win over North is irrelevant? That win is looking better each week.

Regardless of size St Mary’s is ranked 11 in the entire state of MO. If you discount their size you also need to discount JCA, SHG, SF, Rita, etal when discussing teams based on enrollment only. That’s a bad argument.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K. and ska549
Bottom line for me….do I think NV is the 2nd best in 8A? No. Can they win it all? Possible yet unlikely. Our OL is just OK and our RB is a bit slow powerful. QB1 and the WRs are great. D is getting better and they fly around and disrupt at a high level.

That’s pretty much what I said in another post. We have no right to thump our chest. Yet.

You put up 500yds and 37 on NC. What did you do against Neuqua? 200 and 7? And I suppose our 21-7 win over North is irrelevant? That win is looking better each week.

Regardless of size St Mary’s is ranked 11 in the entire state of MO. If you discount their size you also need to discount JCA, SHG, SF, Rita, etal when discussing teams based on enrollment only. That’s a bad argument.
Also adding, I’m not talking about an elite PROGRAM, I’m talking about an elite TEAM that has yet to lose a high school football game. I’ve coached many of these kids since 5th grade and some since 1st grade and I have always thought of them as elite-NOT because I’m “pops” I’m literally talking about ALL the kids. Bottom line is THIS: NV is not getting the respect they deserve and regardless of “history” this team IS elite. Whatever that means…. I should have called them “supersonic” and maybe no one would have responded-but I HAVE already established that I am “relevant” so I get it.. thanks again for the compliments.
NV 14-0 STATE CHAMPS
Print it…🤪🤪🤪🤪

Also adding, I’m not talking about an elite PROGRAM, I’m talking about an elite TEAM that has yet to lose a high school football game. I’ve coached many of these kids since 5th grade and some since 1st grade and I have always thought of them as elite-NOT because I’m “pops” I’m literally talking about ALL the kids. Bottom line is THIS: NV is not getting the respect they deserve and regardless of “history” this team IS elite. Whatever that means…. I should have called them “supersonic” and maybe no one would have responded-but I HAVE already established that I am “relevant” so I get it.. thanks again for the compliments.
NV 14-0 STATE CHAMPS
Print it…🤪🤪🤪🤪
They are ranked #4 by Edgy. Seems like they are getting plenty of respect. So you're not only a dad, you are also their pee wee football coach:D:D:D

Reactions: ska549
Look, I’m not trying to talk trash. Or be “proven wrong.” On paper, I just don’t understand why no one talks about them. Yes, I agree the lack of playoff success hurts the persona of the school but every team every year is completely independent of past teams. That goes for EVERY school. The catholic league teams RECRUIT players so honestly the continual discussions about enrollment are irrelevant. And that’s also why THOSE teams have “histories” and NV doesn’t. I have NOT been a NV fan my whole life I played at WWS-THATS my team and if you want to discuss history I’d be happy to talk about that. I’m just saying there is a LOT of evidence pointing to anELITE team that NO ONE has stopped. And no one talks about it. It’s fine, I’ll stop talking about it too and AFTER thanksgiving weekend I’ll just post “I told you” and that’s it…
ska549... we are both HS football fans rooting for our teams and kids, I get it. This message board is (and has always been) dominated by catholic school supporters. That is why Neuqua and a few others get less attention here. The Wildcats could go 9-0 and there will still be more posts about what Mt. Carmel's freshmen team had for breakfast last Thursday. Our fans need to to be more active. WWS has had that support over the years.

there will still be more posts about what Mt. Carmel's freshmen team had for breakfast last Thursday.
Ever since they closed Lemmy’s on 64th & Stoney, the breakfast stories from MC have been mediocre at best. Nothing beats a good pizza puff and cheese fry that gets served to you through a revolving window of bulletproof glass. Those were the days

NV 14-0 STATE CHAMPS
Print it…🤪🤪🤪🤪
If NV offense doesn't get better as the temperature drops or doesn't have a weight lifting program then they can kiss their ass goodbye to Warren in the playoffs!

Oswego is much better than I or really anyone around the program expected. I definitely won’t say it’s a down year.

Reactions: ska549
ska549... we are both HS football fans rooting for our teams and kids, I get it. This message board is (and has always been) dominated by catholic school supporters. That is why Neuqua and a few others get less attention here. The Wildcats could go 9-0 and there will still be more posts about what Mt. Carmel's freshmen team had for breakfast last Thursday. Our fans need to to be more active. WWS has had that support over the years.
Hey man I love it and good luck to you guys!! I’m TRYING to support more haha!!

Reactions: NNFAN
But didn't have the athletes and depth to match up with Maine South?
Early in season. They were missing a couple of key kids that were out. Anyway ... lets see who wants to play the flag in the playoffs. You may want to see warren play before... much is mentioned. The ESL kids see the warren kids every off season at showcases. By far they have the most kids competing and getting better. Not just 1 or 2 kids. Time for playoffs. .... all the talk will stop. 🎢

They are ranked #4 by Edgy. Seems like they are getting plenty of respect. So you're not only a dad, you are also their pee wee football coach:D:D:D
True about the ranking-I just want more people to talk about them…🤪🤪🤪🤪

If NV offense doesn't get better as the temperature drops or doesn't have a weight lifting program then they can kiss their ass goodbye to Warren in the playoffs!
Honestly I wouldn’t the temperature is the issue it’s the wind. Which affects every team at every level. Other than that “stall” they’ve been clicking on all cylinders… roughly 4/5 TD’s have been called back on penalties- and still averaging 25 points per game against stiff competition. Oh wait, that’s right the stiff competition was STIFF until we beat them (all) and now are being discarded. How many people on this site were talking about NC and NN and St Mary’s? Lots and lots but once NV beat them they are discarded. At end of day I don’t care at all- I’m just having fun in this and enjoying each game one at a time. I DO believe we have the best team in the state at 8A level and maybe I’m right, maybe I’m wrong.. but again-I’ve NEVER seen “that kid” lose a high school football game so until someone proves me wrong I’m stuck with NV

Honestly I wouldn’t the temperature is the issue it’s the wind. Which affects every team at every level. Other than that “stall” they’ve been clicking on all cylinders… roughly 4/5 TD’s have been called back on penalties- and still averaging 25 points per game against stiff competition. Oh wait, that’s right the stiff competition was STIFF until we beat them (all) and now are being discarded. How many people on this site were talking about NC and NN and St Mary’s? Lots and lots but once NV beat them they are discarded. At end of day I don’t care at all- I’m just having fun in this and enjoying each game one at a time. I DO believe we have the best team in the state at 8A level and maybe I’m right, maybe I’m wrong.. but again-I’ve NEVER seen “that kid” lose a high school football game so until someone proves me wrong I’m stuck with NV
Obviously you do care - a lot. Dads are too invested, and take things personally, no one ever said a bad thing about your son, and they shouldn't, just because posters don't think NV wins state doesn't reflect on your son.

NV is a very good team, I think transfer central was overrated, the "ostrich media" loves them and still be ranked in the top 15 after 3 losses, because "they are nice guys"

I also don't think the DVC is good this year as it has been in the past. I have no idea who wins 8A. NV is a good as guess as any right now. There have been some very very good teams that didn't win state. People bust NV balls because they will get a rise out of you.

Quick question - does the assistant coach still wear his high school cleats on game day? If so, that's bizarre.

Obviously you do care - a lot. Dads are too invested, and take things personally, no one ever said a bad thing about your son, and they shouldn't, just because posters don't think NV wins state doesn't reflect on your son.

NV is a very good team, I think transfer central was overrated, the "ostrich media" loves them and still be ranked in the top 15 after 3 losses, because "they are nice guys"

I also don't think the DVC is good this year as it has been in the past. I have no idea who wins 8A. NV is a good as guess as any right now. There have been some very very good teams that didn't win state. People bust NV balls because they will get a rise out of you.

Quick question - does the assistant coach still wear his high school cleats on game day? If so, that's bizarre.
I still wear my neck roll on game days and I don’t even coach.

Great response thanks Fioras!! You’re right as “pops” I’m caring and invested because if “that kid” was on a different team I wouldn’t be talking about NV at all. I DO try (more than you all might realize) to OBJECTIVELY watch sports and having 4 kids total, BELIEVE me I’ve seen a TON of games in different sports!! I feel like I do a pretty good job of being objective. In HS it’s really hard to ACTUALLY compare all these teams because conference strength is a HUGE factor and we get “limited glimpses” of inter conference play-until the playoffs… personally from what I’ve seen so far I feel like the DVC is a weaker conference (no one has ever beat us) OR we are REALLY GOOD. Time alone will actually tell, and like I said I’m not talking trash or trying to change anyone’s opinions I just want NV to be talked about more-haha.. and look, it’s working LOL. At end of day, we ALL know that rankings are irrelevant, our opinions are irrelevant, our “raltionship” to any player on any team is irrelevant, and our “trash talk🤪” is definitely irrelevant. That’s IS the TRUE beauty of the wile HS football system. The TEAM has to go out and get it-this is NOT a national championship AWARDED by the media, this is real and it’s fun, and I’m loving it!!!!!! Good luck to all the teams out there that are WAY shittier than NV!!! Hahaha🤪🤪🤪😂😂😂😉😉😉

This message board is (and has always been) dominated by catholic school supporters. That is why Neuqua and a few others get less attention here. The Wildcats could go 9-0 and there will still be more posts about what Mt. Carmel's freshmen team had for breakfast last Thursday. Our fans need to to be more active. WWS has had that support over the years.
So has MS. The reason why WWS and MS have had that level of support is because they have been extraordinarily successful. Sure, the board is dominated by Catholic school fans. But that's not why NV gets less attention here now. They get less attention because they haven't walked the walk yet.

You yourself pointed out in your post why they aren't getting as much attention as ska549 might want this season because of their schedule and unconvincing victories this year. Signature win over the #11 team in Missouri. Second signature win over who, a 3-3 NC by three points? One week after NC narrowly escaped with a three point win over WV? 'Nuf said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT