ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 6!?!?

Public schools will pay game support staff handsomely. Usually a part of the collective bargaining agreement.

As far as officials, why would you do football when you can do volleyball in the fall and clean up. The issue with football is there are five guys, but there are less games and opportunities.

Basketball and volleyball are year round so that is a like a good part time job.

For football if you worked Thursday through Sunday you could make ok money but it is only for 8 or 9 weeks.

Reactions: Quags57
Officials getting paid is an issue. For most schools it's around $75 for a varsity game. The problem is if you live in Skokie you could get a game in Bolingbrook and vice versa. Not enough to pay for, well, anything really.

Officials getting paid is an issue. For most schools it's around $75 for a varsity game. The problem is if you live in Skokie you could get a game in Bolingbrook and vice versa. Not enough to pay for, well, anything really.
Good point Gooms. It’s a problem. One I think the IHSA needs to address this summer. Major shortages in officials will cause huge disruptions and I don’t think the IHSA or schools realize how bad it will get.

Good point Gooms. It’s a problem. One I think the IHSA needs to address this summer. Major shortages in officials will cause huge disruptions and I don’t think the IHSA or schools realize how bad it will get.
Schools do. Even baseball had a real problem this season

Getting back to the original question..

*We learned that 6 weeks isn’t long enough!
*Not having playoffs isn’t fun!!
*No state championship leaves everyone feeling cheated!!!
*That cheaters never end well and eventually the roof caves in with an ugly ending!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT