ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 6!?!?

Yall do know who micah jones is right? Im sure he knows what he is talking about. Warren is heavily slept on. He speaking the truth. Ill take the word of a Notre Dame commit that came from Warren over a lot of other people on here

Warren will do just fine against those 2.

ao

We shall see. I agree both Stevie and LZ are both down this year but they are quality programs. LWE beat a healthy Stevie pretty bad so we shall see how Warren plays them. I believe Warren to be pretty good but yet fully tested. That will for sure happen in the playoffs. It should be fun.

Yall do know who micah jones is right? Im sure he knows what he is talking about. Warren is heavily slept on. He speaking the truth. Ill take the word of a Notre Dame commit that came from Warren over a lot of other people on here

Once again. Who is sleeping on Warren?
NO ONE IS!

And I’m sure this poster has excellent insights.

But saying a family member or fan has excellent football perspective because they are related to a D 1 prospecto_O.

Once again. Who is sleeping on Warren?
NO ONE IS!

And I’m sure this poster has excellent insights.

But saying a family member or fan has excellent football perspective because they are related to a D 1 prospecto_O.
Sounds like unless we think Warren runs the table, we’re sleeping on them.

Reactions: Relist8
All im saying is Warren really doesn’t get the respect they deserve. Tey get praised by some but hate by a lot as well

Have not seen any hate, maybe little lack of respect but that’s due to having so much talent and no playoff success. Maybe lots of hate I just haven’t seen it

Reactions: Relist8
I believe most of us HS fans on here know who he is. Saw him play at Warren. Great player. Absolute stud! However, I think the imagined slights and perceived indignations are a bit strange. Wouldn’t studying and watching film be a more productive exercise than creating bulletin board material.

We shall see. I agree both Stevie and LZ are both down this year but they are quality programs. LWE beat a healthy Stevie pretty bad so we shall see how Warren plays them. I believe Warren to be pretty good but yet fully tested. That will for sure happen in the playoffs. It should be fun.
Warren looks really good but there schedule is kinda of soft so far.Barrington is not looking elite after loss to Conant.Glenbard north is below average.

Warren looks really good but there schedule is kinda of soft so far.Barrington is not looking elite after loss to Conant.Glenbard north is below average.
South Elgin is the team with no respect... Btw didn't GBN beat St Charles East who is ranked.

Friday night was my first chance to see McCarthy from Nazareth in person. Not that I'm providing any new information, but he's very good. Had one throw against our guys where he avoided the sack and while on the run, threw a pass just over the fingertips of our DB and into the hands of his receiver for a touchdown.

While it isn't my favorite Big Ten team, I do enjoy Michigan football. I hope that when McCarthy arrives in Ann Arbor, he at least beats OSU a time or two. The young man throws a heck of a nice ball. I wish him well.

Friday night was my first chance to see McCarthy from Nazareth in person. Not that I'm providing any new information, but he's very good. Had one throw against our guys where he avoided the sack and while on the run, threw a pass just over the fingertips of our DB and into the hands of his receiver for a touchdown.

While it isn't my favorite Big Ten team, I do enjoy Michigan football. I hope that when McCarthy arrives in Ann Arbor, he at least beats OSU a time or two. The young man throws a heck of a nice ball. I wish him well.
He made some next level throws Friday night. It was nice seeing it. Offense starting to click at the right time.

Reactions: Gene K.
If you need most of your team in private training that does not say much for your off season football and/or PE program at your school.

If you've seen these private training facilities especially in northern and western burbs, you'd disagree.

would argue that majority of starters of all playoff bound teams in DuKane, West Suburban and CSL are doing heavy private training.

If you've seen these private training facilities especially in northern and western burbs, you'd disagree.

would argue that majority of starters of all playoff bound teams in DuKane, West Suburban and CSL are doing heavy private training.

It more about parents wanting to piss away money on something since their is no Travel ball to spend on.

It more about parents wanting to piss away money on something since their is no Travel ball to spend on.
My son was a swimmer. He practiced 5 or 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year, for about 13 years. My daughter was a gymnast. She practices 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year, also for 13 years. It would be strange to me if a kid who is interested in being a football player, didn't practice football 5 or 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year, every year they were competing in that sport, especially when the kids he lines up against are that dedicated to the sport.

My son was a swimmer. He practiced 5 or 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year, for about 13 years. My daughter was a gymnast. She practices 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year, also for 13 years. It would be strange to me if a kid who is interested in being a football player, didn't practice football 5 or 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year, every year they were competing in that sport, especially when the kids he lines up against are that dedicated to the sport.

What about playing other sports?

What about playing other sports?
In competitive swimming and gymnastics, there are no other sports, if you want to compete at state or national events. It appears that playing football has become the same kind of situation for some kids.

He will have a nice receiver in AJ Henning to throw it to. Should be fun to watch

This thread is starting to make me hate Warren

Yeah being excited about your team is one thing, whining about why they aren’t ranked higher or so called being over looked it’s another. If Warren is half as good as he thinks they are they will eventually rise to the top.

Yeah being excited about your team is one thing, whining about why they aren’t ranked higher or so called being over looked it’s another. If Warren is half as good as he thinks they are they will eventually rise to the top.

most of us Warren fans choose to wait. I’ve always lived by the saying if you have to keep telling everyone how good you are, you probably aren’t.

Long way to go. Hopefully 8 more weeks.

Except for 3 sport athletes. Most of the Bartlett kids are 3 sports.

most of us Warren fans choose to wait. I’ve always lived by the saying if you have to keep telling everyone how good you are, you probably aren’t.

Long way to go. Hopefully 8 more weeks.
Newt for you and your boy I hope you get to the finals. Just not through MS.

Reactions: Gene K.

Individuals train at private facilities and very likely may help them to achieve the next level, or improve their personal stock.

Teams train together in the off-season when they are not in other sports. Their payoff comes in familiarity, teamwork, camaraderie and most importantly team wins during the season.

A rising tide lifts all boats.

Two thirds the way through our season and lots to talk about.

1 - That the first qualifiers for the playoffs are here with more to come.
2 - That we somehow feel the need to want to claim the best team in the state and yet the best part of the season is still to come.
3 - That we know what Loyola is and yet we keep learning more every week.
4 - That Hersey is pretty good.
5 - That Bryan Stortz just keeps doing his thing and Conant is the beneficiary.
6 - That Naperville central has played a brutal schedule - maybe too brutal.
7 - That Notre Dame is a candidate for biggest early season surprise.
8 - That the end of the season came way to soon for Athan Kaliakmanis.
9 - That Chris Robinson has done an amazing job in turning around Grant
10 - That winning 200 games is really hard to do congrats coach Dave.

week 7 awaits. Many tasty matchups to follow.

Individuals train at private facilities and very likely may help them to achieve the next level, or improve their personal stock.

Teams train together in the off-season when they are not in other sports. Their payoff comes in familiarity, teamwork, camaraderie and most importantly team wins during the season.

A rising tide lifts all boats.

what if they do both?

Reactions: T.combes
what if they do both?

I’m all for it. Team should be the priority. If the individual needs more training than the team can offer, by all means seek additional outside instruction.

Open communication with each party should be emphasized. Otherwise, overtraining and burn out may result. Proper rest is sometimes overlooked in elite athletes.

They should compliment each other. Will an individual save some energy in an after school off-season workout knowing they have a personal session that some night? Most likely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT