ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 6!?!?

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Two thirds the way through our season and lots to talk about.

1 - That the first qualifiers for the playoffs are here with more to come.
2 - That we somehow feel the need to want to claim the best team in the state and yet the best part of the season is still to come.
3 - That we know what Loyola is and yet we keep learning more every week.
4 - That Hersey is pretty good.
5 - That Bryan Stortz just keeps doing his thing and Conant is the beneficiary.
6 - That Naperville central has played a brutal schedule - maybe too brutal.
7 - That Notre Dame is a candidate for biggest early season surprise.
8 - That the end of the season came way to soon for Athan Kaliakmanis.
9 - That Chris Robinson has done an amazing job in turning around Grant
10 - That winning 200 games is really hard to do congrats coach Dave.

week 7 awaits. Many tasty matchups to follow.

Reactions: Gene K.
The irony is that none of the learned things matter at the end of week 14.

funny, that would be why it’s based on what was learned this week. Not what was learned this year. That comes, AFTER week 14.

That my joke went over the line and I should stick to what I’ve previously reminded folks that this is about high school football.

Reactions: Gene K. and Quags57
And who is the best team after week 6 is based on who is the best team after week 6, not after week 14. This shouldn't be a difficult concept.

I agree with you Bones. If we’re going to do a what did we learn each week. Well we should know who is the best team up to that week. Newt? Lol
Actually the best team doesn’t always end up #1 in week 14 but that’s another conversation.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Warren Township missed a shut out (the 3's gave up a very late 6 pts) .... on the season (6 games) teams are averaging 3 pts/game and they have shut out the first 3 opponents in NSC (in NSC teams are avg 1.5 pts/game). On defense they have FBS/FCS players on every level. On to the next opponent (Lake Zurich) ... see you in the playoffs. FYI - For those who say Warren has no offense ... they have an ATH (WR/QB/RB) - name Christian Phillips (CP) who runs a 10.6 100 (AJ Henning type kid) plus a nasty 6'0 215 lbs RB with break way speed and two legit QB's and solid OL. Keep sleeping on Warren ....... home of six flags !

Reactions: Perez21
Your decision tree when it comes to the state’s best team only flows to LWE.

Thanks you know me so well. If I had to pick now I would say the following.

1. ESL
2. LWE
3. MC
4. Warren
5. GBW Hitters
6. Loyola
7. Norte Dame
8. Batavia

IMO only on paper if these teams played head to head it could be totally different story. That’s the problem with polls. It’s the same thing in College football that’s why they have a playoff now.

Warren Township missed a shut out (the 3's gave up a very late 6 pts) .... on the season (6 games) teams are averaging 3 pts/game and they have shut out the first 3 opponents in NSC (in NSC teams are avg 1.5 pts/game). On defense they have FBS/FCS players on every level. On to the next opponent (Lake Zurich) ... see you in the playoffs. FYI - For those who say Warren has no offense ... they have an ATH (WR/QB/RB) - name Christian Phillips (CP) who runs a 10.6 100 (AJ Henning type kid) plus a nasty 6'0 215 lbs RB with break way speed and two legit QB's and solid OL. Keep sleeping on Warren ....... home of six flags !
I have literally never seen anyone on this site state that “Warren doesn’t have an offense” this season.

Last edited:
Thanks you know me so well. If I had to pick now I would say the following.

1. ESL
2. LWE
3. MC
4. Warren
5. GBW Hitters
6. Loyola
7. Norte Dame
8. Batavia

IMO only on paper if these teams played head to head it could be totally different story. That’s the problem with polls. It’s the same thing in College football that’s why they have a playoff now.
Admittedly, I judged incorrectly.

I’ve read folks talking smack about the Warren O ... it was disgraceful. You need to let the boys know what their completion is saying - this must be avenged!

yah that makes two of us and I’m really really looking this time.

That makes 3 of us. I will admit I don’t know a lot about them but they are undefeated and seem to have a very good defense. Offense I don’t know but hey they are 6-0 so they have to be taken seriously.

Reactions: Bowie50
We will learn more about Warren over the next few weeks. They play LZ followed by Stevenson. LWE trashed Stevenson 30-7 so will see how Warren does against them.

Reactions: Gene K.
We will learn more about Warren over the next few weeks. They play LZ followed by Stevenson. LWE trashed Stevenson 30-7 so will see how Warren does against them.

Yep. LZ beat Stevenson too so this is a big week. LZ is legit.

Ok. I get it LZ and Stevie will always be the teams NSC. Short memory Warren shutout both last year ... Warren has the same team back with key transfers that added depth. It is the same kids who won TCYFL heavy weight super bowl in their 8th grade year. The talent level has shifted NSC. 15 of Warren top 22 have trained with external facilites all off sesson for this. You miss 6AM lifts you do not play. They lift durig season. Not an accident they send kids to Power 5 schools every year. Plus they have grades. Quality program. Will be a good test next couple of weeks but it want matter ... it will be LA, MS or someone else. See you in the play offs. Home of Six Flags and Gurnee Mills .... take a ride NORTH !

Reactions: RockSoup
Ok. I get it LZ and Stevie will always be the teams NSC. Short memory Warren shutout both last year ... Warren has the same team back with key transfers that added depth. It is the same kids who won TCYFL heavy weight super bowl in their 8th grade year. The talent level has shifted NSC. 15 of Warren top 22 have trained with external facilites all off sesson for this. You miss 6AM lifts you do not play. They lift durig season. Not an accident they send kids to Power 5 schools every year. Plus they have grades. Quality program. Will be a good test next couple of weeks but it want matter ... it will be LA, MS or someone else. See you in the play offs. Home of Six Flags and Gurnee Mills .... take a ride NORTH !

Very respectable 10-2 last year. Lost to Barrington and Brother Rice. It’s hard to tell just how good they are but the next few weeks will at least give us Insight. Warren got beat bad by BR last year 20-0. In the playoffs. Warren just needs to keen doing what there doing and they will be just fine.

Thanks for the weekly Warren update.

This site needs the HaHa emoji option like Facebook!
8adaef2fc7827f78269e8d3edbf342c9.jpg
8adaef2fc7827f78269e8d3edbf342c9.jpg

url

Phillips is fast, not 10.6 fast (10.9). Excited to see the Blue DEvils in the 8A field

No one is sleeping on warren.

Everyone has them ranked as a top tier team.

Have the best DT & LB Combo in state.

What else do you want?

Once they go into the playoffs and score on another top notch team then the no offense claims (from which not one post has proclaimed) will be put to rest.

Reactions: Gene K. and Relist8

Someone send this guy fan of the year for high school football in the state of Illinois.

His passion to get respect for Warren football is unmatched.

In any regular year in the last 10 if you said this was your schedule and how you did.....

Beat GBN in Carol Steam
Beat Stevie in Lincolnshire
Lost by 2 to East Side after missing a 2-pt conversion at the gun
Beat Dekalb
Beat WV at Death Valley.
Beat Nape Central

.....most would say that’s a top 3-5 team. It’s interesting how things change on a dime in HSFB.

Warren is good but conference is bad so only way to tell how good they are is playoffs. Stevenson is not Stevenson, same with LZ or Lake Forest. No one has said one negative word on Warren so not sure where that anger comes from.

However the part where he says added transfers for depth like this is NFL free agency. That’s funny to me

Reactions: Relist8
ADVERTISEMENT