ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 5!?!?!

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Each week it feels more and more like a real season only that we have just one week left.

Kids deserve better......

1 - That 3 yards and a cloud of dust has been replaced by the greatest show on turf in the MSL - see Prospect-BG
2 - That the “hey we need a game let’s play Loyola” approach isn’t good for ones health.
3 - That the COVID reboots took a lot out of GBW or HC is that good - discuss.
4 - That the NSC should do what other leagues do and re-seed for week 6. Alas won’t happen
5 - That something has happened to the once mighty Stevenson program.
6 - That playing non-con games can benefit the NIC10. Harlem agrees
7 - That a day will come when someone else wins the CSL South. Not sure when that’ll be.
8 - That a milk carton was decently found with a picture of NAZ offense - hopefully we can help find it.
9 - That the crossovers in the MSL and CSL to end the season are a unique and fun idea in this short and unusual season.
10 - That I am not sure what a “Kay” is but Kankakee scored a lot this Friday - that’s lotsa Kay’s.

one week to go.

Would be great for NSC to re-seed so Warren can play ... Lake Forest. LF claiming conference Championship just does not seem fair. Not sure LF want that game. So Warren will play Libertyville to close out season. Not sure what the total yardage given up by a defense is in 6 game but Warren has to be really close. The total has to be close to 250 yards.

Would be great for NSC to re-seed so Warren can play ... Lake Forest. LF claiming conference Championship just does not seem fair. Not sure LF want that game. So Warren will play Libertyville to close out season. Not sure what the total yardage given up by a defense is in 6 game but Warren has to be really close. The total has to be close to 250 yards.
I know you are better than this. Both teams are a lock to finish 6-0 and both can claim to be a conference co-champion. "Not sure LF wants that game" is such a negative comment about a Class 6A powerhouse that has been deprived a chance to show the state how good it is in its class, just as Warren is being denied a chance to show the state how strong it is this spring in Class 8A. It's unfortunate that the scheduling broke as it did, but please do not suggest or hint that Lake Forest doesn't want to play Warren unless the coach at Lake Forest called you and said he doesn't want to play. The other consideration in this is Libertyville. It has one more week to play and might want to see how it measures up this spring against a powerhouse team such as Warren, rather than play a meaningless running-clock game in which everything it does works well whether the execution is correct or not.
And to be fair, you are not the only one making an unfair comment on this site. Someone has also recently said that the Central Suburban North teams want nothing to do with CSL South teams in Week 6, which is crossover week for the 12-team, 2-division conference. The conference is basically split almost entirely by enrollment, not geography. There is not a football-powerhouse school in the CSL North. For years, the two divisions played crossover games weeks 3 and 4 of the season, and that would sometimes result in overall end-of-season situations in which non-division losses were keeping CSL North teams from qualifying for the playoffs. That week 3 and 4 policy was changed in recent years, but was obviously brought back for week 6 this spring out of necessity.

You are right, schools play the schedule they are given ! The fall will be here soon. Just glad to have HS football so kids can get film 🎥 and have an opportunity to attend college camps. I am about kids having a great HS experience and for those kids that need football to get an opportunity to a get free or partial schlorship for college. Home of six flags 🎢 signing off. God bless and have a great day everyone 🖐👍🏼

Warren would smoke LF. No question.

LF is no Loyola but I get what your saying. I assure you LWE never thought they were going to smoke LA, that was fabricated on this site by some posters. It’s not in coach Z’s mindset to think that way.
Just me having some fun. I've considered turning full heel like micah and pumping up LF though

Last edited:
I’m just trying to get something going on this board. We’ve all gone soft during the pandemic.
The original issue was never that Warren was way better than lake forest or that lake forest could give Warren a game. It was that the bad luck of the draw in the north suburban conference meant the league’s two best teams do not meet and both teams are certain to finish 6-0. And that it was suggested that lake forest might not want to play Warren and I felt that was an unneeded shot at what is traditionally a playoff team despite being the only 6a team in a 7a/8A league. The other key was that libertyville gets to play Warren in week 6 which the wildcats can use to figure out where they are compared to an elite team and get tape that could prove valuable when the teams play in six months. Remember if libertyville gives up playing Warren then it has a nothing game against one of the state’s absolute worst 8A football programs and would gain absolutely nothing from that game. So from a libertyville point of view giving up the Warren game might not be fair to them. I am not a fan of changing schedules on the fly without a Covid shutdown of a program or a school strike. AnywAy congrats to Warren and lake forest on their unbeaten seasons.
One of the things that has not surfaced on this site all spring is this: there is a point made in this thread about Stevenson football scuffling a bit this spring. What has been missing here all spring is any info on how many Stevenson seniors took a pass and played hoops or are playing baseball or running track? And I m not picking on Stevenson. We may know when a star at any school is sitting out but senior starters or seniors who likely would have started but took a pass....we have no idea how any teams have been affected by missing not high profile players but important players. My guess is that next fall the gap between the football powers and the next tier of teams... the 6/3 types... is going to be bigger than ever.
And finally and this has nothing to do with anything else, but small school power Richmond has been scorching it’s opponents this spring just like big school power Warren had been doing. Richmond coach mike noll is almost always under the rAdAr but his performance at various schools indicate he’s one of the best coaches in the state.

#9: There are no CSL/MSL crossovers this year.

The MSL will have a true championship game for the first time since 1974 on Friday when East champion Prospect plays at West champion Barrington

Reactions: Anomalyout28
LF is no Loyola but I get what your saying. I assure you LWE never thought they were going to smoke LA, that was fabricated on this site by some posters. It’s not in coach Z’s mindset to think that way.
Sorry Corey- I love your posts but you’re dead wrong on this one. I was at Meiers before the game which conservatively was 50 pct LWE fans. They were going on and on how LWE was the greatest team of all time. One parent was telling me how her backup 270 lb lineman would be the top dog lineman if he played at Loyola. Another dad told me how they had the rendezvous point already picked out in Champaign for before game drinks. I just shook my head thinking just wait for it. This is the CCL in Wilmette on a Saturday afternoon. Sure enough, seeing the LWE fans, coaches and players faces walking off of Sachs was truly a sight. Trust me, from head coach to trainer they were shell shocked.

The MSL will have a true championship game for the first time since 1974 on Friday when East champion Prospect plays at West champion Barrington
Not called cross overs but they all play cross divisional games based on records - kind of the same thing. Wish the NSC would so that

Sorry Corey- I love your posts but you’re dead wrong on this one. I was at Meiers before the game which conservatively was 50 pct LWE fans. They were going on and on how LWE was the greatest team of all time. One parent was telling me how her backup 270 lb lineman would be the top dog lineman if he played at Loyola. Another dad told me how they had the rendezvous point already picked out in Champaign for before game drinks. I just shook my head thinking just wait for it. This is the CCL in Wilmette on a Saturday afternoon. Sure enough, seeing the LWE fans, coaches and players faces walking off of Sachs was truly a sight. Trust me, from head coach to trainer they were shell shocked.
Then we were going to destroy them the next week. Word to the wise....the Ramblers rarely get destroyed.😢

Reactions: lookoutforliam
I agree with you saying LWE NEVER thought they were going to smoke LA. But to say we know what coach z’s mindset is? We can’t know

we can and do know LWE NEVER goes into a game underestimating or taking anything for granted. They are among the best coached team in the state. They do EVERYTHING right esp defensively!! Having watched tons of film: stances, technique, reaction, swarming to the ball. Year in and year out they look the same!
THAT is a flower in their entire staffs cap!
Ok I am getting off their @$$ with the compliments

Reactions: corey90
Warren would have there hands full with that QB and RB combo they are really good, might be one of the best running QBs this spring season.Wonder what his running stats are?
Point is, we will never know. I just wanted to see the two teams play and decide it that way. Alas, that won’t happen.

Who ya got Quags? I got the msl west other than Schaumburg.

This year’s Hinsdale Central is that good, great mix of Seniors, some of which are going on to play D1 , along with solid Juniors that are getting recruited. This team would have gone deep into the playoffs as they could have played with the big boys. Glenbard West is still a great team with their own D1 talent, but it would not have mattered who played QB Friday night with GW primarily a running team...would have been the same result. I doubt GW really missed a beat with the short COVID pause, would not use that as an excuse.

Reactions: RD_Watcher
This year’s Hinsdale Central is that good, great mix of Seniors, some of which are going on to play D1 , along with solid Juniors that are getting recruited. This team would have gone deep into the playoffs as they could have played with the big boys. Glenbard West is still a great team with their own D1 talent, but it would not have mattered who played QB Friday night with GW primarily a running team...would have been the same result. I doubt GW really missed a beat with the short COVID pause, would not use that as an excuse.
FWIW - I have heard rumor the Covid “break” Glenbard West was forced into may not have been as intensive as published. I was told they practiced all week leading up to LT, before cancelling on game day.
But overall, I agree - no matter who was on the field last past Friday, HC was dominate and likely would have won. HC 1st string Defense has given up 1 TD all year, set up by a 75 yard Glenbard West kick return.

A lot of he said she said. I don’t believe for a minute any coach on LWE thought that game was going to be easy. Yes they were disappointed so would any coach. If your talking fans well all bets are off. 2 of the best programs in the state. No game is taking lightly. Good luck to LA to bad they won’t play each other this spring. Maybe in the fall?

'This is the CCL in Wilmette on a Saturday afternoon.' Yes, indeed.

Reactions: The Outfit

Oh yeah....well I was at the Piggly Wiggly last week and I overheard @Bowie50 talking to some LWE grandma that he was going to shove her down a flight of stairs and use her dead carcass as a seat warmer at the next LA / LWE matchup.

Really buddy? You found a couple of overly excited LWE football parents at a grocery store before the game that happened to be pumped up about how good their team was doing and that's evidence that Corey is wrong? Maybe you should try to separate parents smack talk from the coaches and players mindset.

Oh yeah....well I was at the Piggly Wiggly last week and I overheard @Bowie50 talking to some LWE grandma that he was going to shove her down a flight of stairs and use her dead carcass as a seat warmer at the next LA / LWE matchup.

Really buddy? You found a couple of overly excited LWE football parents at a grocery store before the game that happened to be pumped up about how good their team was doing and that's evidence that Corey is wrong? Maybe you should try to separate parents smack talk from the coaches and players mindset.
I’m an elder law attorney. I’m not sure that type of behavior would go over well with the Bar or my brand. We also have some pitbulls in my office that like suing people for libel. 😉

Warren would have there hands full with that QB and RB combo they are really good, might be one of the best running QBs this spring season.Wonder what his running stats are?
I know he has 10 rushing TD's in those 5 games. At least 500-600 yards rushing. Has 3 or 4 TD Passes. Also a pick and a fumble return for TD. You are right on with the one two punch of these two. And if you want to roll up on him, he can throw it, just ask libertyville.

Last edited:

I don't know what my man Bowie telling you he's going to kill a grandma has to do with a LA/LWE game but interesting analogy never-the less. The fact is the LWE fans and their community were convinced the game was in the bag. As far as the coaches, obviously coach Z is a fantastic coach, but in interviews later that week he stated that game's outcome was the most upsetting loss he's ever had and he felt terrible for his players.
I don't know whats in his mind, but one can infer that he was highly confident the game was theirs. No shame in that. I'm sure the LA community felt the same.

I don't know what my man Bowie telling you he's going to kill a grandma has to do with a LA/LWE game but interesting analogy never-the less. The fact is the LWE fans and their community were convinced the game was in the bag. As far as the coaches, obviously coach Z is a fantastic coach, but in interviews later that week he stated that game's outcome was the most upsetting loss he's ever had and he felt terrible for his players.
I don't know whats in his mind, but one can infer that he was highly confident the game was theirs. No shame in that. I'm sure the LA community felt the same.
If your not confident then why would you lead your team into battle. Come on man you can’t be that naive in believing the fans. Of course the coach was disappointed he had a great team. Hats off to Loyola they were better that day. I will say it again two great teams two great programs.

Congrats to Lake Forest on a great season. They lose Mac Uihlein, the top rated senior in the state according to Rivals (graduated early so he could play Spring ball at Northwestern), and they respond by playing some solid football. The QB Hoskins is 10-2 as a starter, including a one-point loss in last year's 6A quarterfinals, and has improved into a nice dual threat performer.

Do I wish they were playing Warren? Yeah, sure. But with no Uihlein, no playoffs...that whole ship kinda sailed last Fall anyway.

The mistake they made (fans and possibly LWE coaches) was that they thought they were playing the LA team from earlier that season rather than the team that had re-adjusted towards the end of the season. Similar kind of narrative may unfold tomorrow; Marist is not going to be playing the same team they beat twice last year. But I suspect Marist knows that and has game-planned accordingly.

Why don't we get this game happening. The LA and LWE opponents can play each other. If I remember correctly when LWE and LA faced off the underdog won both times. Who would be the underdog this season?
Rice vs LWW looks to also be a good game.
??? on the highlighted text. Aren't West and East playing each other?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT