ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 3!?!?!

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
1/3 of the season complete and so much more to learn.

1 - That something very bad has happened to Nazareth.
2 - That Batavia is not the Batavia that Batavia is used to in Batavia.
3 - That this Elk Grove thing seems pretty real and that’s a good thing.
4 - That Warren appears to have a passing game.
5 - That, at least for now, the Souhwestern Conf appears to be deeper than expected - OF and Eddie your table is ready.
6 - That other teams besides ESL can play OOS teams and have success doing so - see NV
7 - That Maine South got back to doing MS things
8 - That the Hitters are all the way back
9 - That Geneva has a resurgence and that’s also a good thing.
10 - That the Dukane, I uh, I got nothing.

Those are my thoughts for this week.

In the CS8, offense destroyed defense this weekend. The winning teams scored 49, 59, 63, 64, and 70 points.

Finding a competitive game was also difficult. The closest margin this weekend was 37 points, and I think all the games ended as running clocks.

Reactions: RockSoup and USD24
In the CS8, offense destroyed defense this weekend. The winning teams scored 49, 59, 63, 64, and 70 points.

Finding a competitive game was also difficult. The closest margin this weekend was 37 points, and I think all the games ended as running clocks.
In all fairness isn't this usually the case in many weeks?

5 - That, at least for now, the Souhwestern Conf appears to be deeper than expected - OF and Eddie your table is ready.
6 - That other teams besides ESL can play OOS teams and have success doing so - see NV

The Peoria Lions are contenders in 5A.

Looks like we have a slacker with only 49 points!!

Reactions: rocketnation
Lemont could (should?) running clock the rest of their SSC Blue division schedule and 1 cross-over.

Regarding Batavia... they lost to a loaded LWE (one of the top two teams in 8a) and undefeated defending 7a champion Wheaton North by three points. Wheaton North is real good again this year. Batavia is still Batavia.

Regarding The Hitters, they are not "all the way back", but it's clearly in view now.

Loyola is very good. The MC/LA game week 9 will be the most sought after ticket in Chicagoland during the regular season. Hopefully LA will broadcast it. I remember they did a LA/MS game that pretty interesting...

Reactions: lookoutforliam
What the heck happened to Barrington?!?! I realize they have had a brutal first three games but to run out of pork chop sandwiches by halftime!! Do you think Gately runs out of hot dogs by halftime?!?! I think not!
Just don't have the talent for a class or two. They don't have kids moving in just for the football program like some do.

From what I see, Batavia misses the skilled athlete like Buckley, Sanders, Uiewiller(sp) etc. and are just good but not great on the LOS. They will pull it together and be dangerous in the playoffs because they are well coached and have some very good players.

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
From what I see, Batavia misses the skilled athlete like Buckley, Sanders, Uiewiller(sp) etc. and are just good but not great on the LOS. They will pull it together and be dangerous in the playoffs because they are well coached and have some very good players.
They are more talented than last year. I think they will be fine. Growing pains just a little more glaring this year than previous due to the scheduling

St. Mary's is a class 4a school (out of six). Class 1a is the smallest. So that makes you wrong.
Apples n Oranges. They have roughly 300 kids total in the entire school. And that’s on a good year. That makes them a big 1A or possibly a small 2A in Illinois. Wonder how they would fare vs. Lena-Winslow or a Wilmington or whoever else you want to throw up there lmao 🤣

Looks like they were class 3 Champs which would be like 4A here, no? I believe some were clamoring for a 4A team to be #1 last year.
You’re comparing apples n oranges in playoff format. Mary’s is lucky to have 300 students in the entire school.

Regarding Batavia... they lost to a loaded LWE (one of the top two teams in 8a) and undefeated defending 7a champion Wheaton North by three points. Wheaton North is real good again this year. Batavia is still Batavia.
Batavia is just a tired football team. They will be tough to deal with in the playoffs at 6-3. Nobody wants that 1st round game!

don’t ask me who loss #3 is…just an assumption.

Apples to apples. Open enrollment in a city like St. Louis, they should be dominating NV without their QB. Really no excuse for allowing 21 points.
Who the hell wants to live in St. Louis anyway? Open recruitment in a city as horrible as St. Louis is like saying the only boat we have available is the titanic!

• Angry
Reactions: crusader_of_90
What the heck happened to Barrington?!?! I realize they have had a brutal first three games but to run out of pork chop sandwiches by halftime!! Do you think Gately runs out of hot dogs by halftime?!?! I think not!
Gately ran out of hot dogs before the game; not selling any.

• Wow
Reactions: MS4EVER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT