ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 3!?!

Saint Francis is very dangerous when they put it all together. Beat a very good top 20 Mt. Prospect team.. Athletes all over the field. Should make a deep run in 4A. Have about 6-8 Division 1 talents. Obviously TJ Mcmillen the 3rd ranked CT in the nation. Adam Criter 2024 ATH just was offered by San Diego, offers for him should start rolling in, and freshman WR Ian Willis will be a 4 star by the time he's a junior. Never seen such a polished WR at that age. But if they clean up their special teams mishaps, and take care of the ball like they did the past 2 weeks they will be a problem in 4A.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Both states have 30 players in the rivals list of recruits for 2022. That was my basis for the comment. Why do you think its inaccurate?

That's not a good indicator of talent level state to state. It also varies year to year. In an anomaly year, Illinois could have more in the top 30 than Florida or Texas. Doesn't mean we are the equivalent in football.

That's not a good indicator of talent level state to state. It also varies year to year. In an anomaly year, Illinois could have more in the top 30 than Florida or Texas. Doesn't mean we are the equivalent in football.
Yea….no chance to even be close.

IL has one this year and he’s from MO.

In 2021 the top Rivals recruit in IL was Mac Uihlein, and he was 182nd in the country.

This year you have Burden #6 and Kaleb Brown at 75. This is a good year in state by those numbers.

Yea….no chance to even be close.

IL has one this year and he’s from MO.

In 2021 the top Rivals recruit in IL was Mac Uihlein, and he was 182nd in the country.

This year you have Burden #6 and Kaleb Brown at 75. This is a good year in state by those numbers.

The individuals that make the decisions on rankings really don't have connections to Illinois. There are a lot of great players in Illinois.

So far so good right? Here we go for week 3.

1 - That we are 1/3 the way through the season and still don’t know too much
2 - That if Loyola is really in 7A there will be much rejoicing by 8A schools
3 - That two once proud programs - Stevenson and Nazareth are 0-3 and don’t look to have a path to 5 wins
4 - That Wauconda was supposed to be in a rebuilding year
5 - That Cary Grove is back to doing Cary Grove things that the rest of 6A won’t like
6 - That a Batavia Wheaton N rematch would be nice thank you.
7 - That despite the outcomes in some cases Illinois HS football plays just fine vs elite out of state teams.
8 - That Barrington has righted the ship for now in the MSL West Conf games await.
9 - That all GBW does is win, but we already knew that.
10 - That very quietly Libertyville is 3-0 and could emerge as the challenger to Warren in the NSC.

That’s it, on to week 4.
Newt, More importantly you forgot to mention that Mundelein should be 3 - 0 if not for a last 2nd Hail Mary touchdown and 2 point conversion to beat them in week 2. Let's see what they can bring at Stevenson this week. Mundy QB is a beast both running and throwing at 6'4 200 pounds. Wish they aired it out more but coach wants to become Cary Grove. Lucero gets the pub playing for Warren, this Mundy kid is better.

Newt, More importantly you forgot to mention that Mundelein should be 3 - 0 if not for a last 2nd Hail Mary touchdown and 2 point conversion to beat them in week 2. Let's see what they can bring at Stevenson this week. Mundy QB is a beast both running and throwing at 6'4 200 pounds. Wish they aired it out more but coach wants to become Cary Grove. Lucero gets the pub playing for Warren, this Mundy kid is better.
Thanks yah I’ve heard great things about him. I was high on the mustangs to start the year. Hoping they can get to 5 wins.

Agree on the number of great players. These recruiting rankings these day are skewered towards the SE, TX, and Cali.
So the recruiting rankings, FBS teams and the NFL are all skewed towards these areas and states as well? Maybe because that is where the best overall talent comes from. Currently in the NFL, the states which has the most players in the league are Fla(212), Cali (191), Texas(179) and Georgia (120). The next highest state has 82. SIx of the top eight states for producing current NFL talent comes from the areas you reference. Of course there are good players everywhere, but the data shows that there is more talent in Tex, Cali and the SE.

So the recruiting rankings, FBS teams and the NFL are all skewed towards these areas and states as well? Maybe because that is where the best overall talent comes from. Currently in the NFL, the states which has the most players in the league are Fla(212), Cali (191), Texas(179) and Georgia (120). The next highest state has 82. SIx of the top eight states for producing current NFL talent comes from the areas you reference. Of course there are good players everywhere, but the data shows that there is more talent in Tex, Cali and the SE.
Agree. That was my point.

Or maybe because those are the largest states in the country. Sure numbers would suggest more players from those states in every level of football. Those numbers have more to do with population and not skill of a kid within a state.

Or maybe because those are the largest states in the country. Sure numbers would suggest more players from those states in every level of football. Those numbers have more to do with population and not skill of a kid within a state.
When done per capita those states are far superior, even Missouri is way ahead of Illinois in talent produced.

Fair enough. However if you look at states with the most players per capita in the NFL it is still dominated by southern states. Most players per capita by state list:
1. Georgia
2. Louisiana
3. Alabama
4. Mississippi
5. Florida
6. Delaware?
7. South Carolina
8. Hawaii
9. Texas
10.Tennessee

I would guess the same would hold true for these state in regards to kids in FBS schools (with the exception of Delaware, that has to be an anomaly)

So, what many are communicating is that making it to the NFL is purely scientific. In other words, professional sports is the only industry and construct that is exempt from being influenced by where you’re located (geography) and who you know (networking/politics).

The only reason that kids travel across the country, leaving their homes/parents/communities in high school to go to an IMG is because they feel that they will get more exposure because of this construct.

Although being great and highly-skilled in their hometown (enough to be recruited by an IMG), the selling point for IMG is their networking.

SMH. You guys will accept anything you’re told, even if it’s to your own detriment.

It’s business.

Last edited:
So, what many are communicating is that making it to the NFL purely scientific. In other words, professional sports is the only industry and construct that is exempt from being influenced by where you’re located (geography) and who you know (networking/politics).

The only reason that kids travel across the country, leaving their homes/parents/community in high school to go to an IMG is because they feel that they will get more exposure because of this construct.

SMH. You guys will accept anything you’re told, even if it’s to your own detriment.
Huh? Are you implying that making an NFL team is not based on talent? Or is there a big conspiracy to keep people from Illinois out of the NFL? I'm not sure what your point is. Every measurable stat shows that there is more talent in the warm weather states. To suggest otherwise is just wrong.

Huh? Are you implying that making an NFL team is not based on talent? Or is there a big conspiracy to keep people from Illinois out of the NFL? I'm not sure what your point is. Every measurable stat shows that there is more talent in the warm weather states. To suggest otherwise is just wrong.
I never used the word conspiracy. I did, however, explain marketing and business. Ya know, the thing that makes you buy Tide over Gain, while not knowing the contents of either.

There are plenty of NFL caliber people who never make it to the NFL because of extenuating circumstances. This is what prep schools are built on; to give kids the best opportunity given their skill set.

Most kids from everywhere else have to travel to those locations and attend camps in those areas in order to get national exposure, while National exposure is practically set up in their backyard.

Last edited:
Fair enough. However if you look at states with the most players per capita in the NFL it is still dominated by southern states. Most players per capita by state list:
1. Georgia
2. Louisiana
3. Alabama
4. Mississippi
5. Florida
6. Delaware?
7. South Carolina
8. Hawaii
9. Texas
10.Tennessee

I would guess the same would hold true for these state in regards to kids in FBS schools (with the exception of Delaware, that has to be an anomaly)
Isn’t the best WR on IMG from Illinois? He will now be a product of Florida. Had he stayed in Illinois, will he have been rated as high as he is now? I’m not talking the amount of offers, I’m simply talking ratings and rankings.

Where you are matters when it comes to rankings and ratings however, the skill can be the same. A kid will be 3 star in Illinois and move to Florida and become a 5 star. It’s the same person but location change the ranking.

Business decision:

On second thought, never mind me……. You’re right. I’m wrong.

Last edited:
Business decision:

On second thought, never mind me……. You’re right. I’m wrong.
So no one would have recruited him had he stayed in Illinois? Currently two of the most highly recruited players in the country are a pair of 5 stars in Iowa, if they moved to Florida would they become 6 stars and get a second offer from Alabama to go along with the first one?

So no one would have recruited him had he stayed in Illinois? Currently two of the most highly recruited players in the country are a pair of 5 stars in Iowa, if they moved to Florida would they become 6 stars and get a second offer from Alabama to go along with the first one?
Statistics show if he stayed at Belleville East he would not have gotten recruited. The numbers are the numbers right?

He’s a Californian STATISTIC.

But, I already conceded. You’re RIGHT. If nowhere else on the planet, at least on this board YOU ARE RIGHT. Disregard folks with first-hand knowledge.

I’ll just leave my knowledge/talents out West, SE, and Texas where people understand the business and marketing side of things.

I’m so glad we had this time together……..

Last edited:
Statistics show if he stayed at Belleville East he would not have gotten recruited. The numbers are the numbers right?

There isn’t one stat that backs that up your claim, Illinois produces less blue chips but it still produces them. Why is the TE from Alabama a Chicago kid? Illinois doesn’t produce near the talent that other states do but the big time talent in this state get to pick where they go.

• Haha
Reactions: TigerforFlyers
He’s a Californian STATISTIC.

But, I already conceded. You’re RIGHT. If nowhere else on the planet, at least on this board YOU ARE RIGHT. Disregard folks with first-hand knowledge.

I’ll just leave my knowledge/talents out West, SE, and Texas where people understand the business and marketing side of things.

I’m so glad we had this time together……..

You believe college coaches pass on better talent so they can get kids who have better marketing? They must not like their jobs since if you want to win you go get the best talent regardless of location or otherwise you go find another job.

For someone who has “real” knowledge of recruiting you sure sound clueless.

You believe college coaches pass on better talent so they can get kids who have better marketing? They must not like their jobs since if you want to win you go get the best talent regardless of location or otherwise you go find another job.

For someone who has “real” knowledge of recruiting you sure sound clueless.

I already said that you’re right. What more do you want? Thanks. 👍🏾

There isn’t one stat that backs that up your claim, Illinois produces less blue chips but it still produces them. Why is the TE from Alabama a Chicago kid? Illinois doesn’t produce near the talent that other states do but the big time talent in this state get to pick where they go.

Has Belleville ever had 1 blue chip athlete? I don't recall one ever but I may missed something.

Has Belleville ever had 1 blue chip athlete? I don't recall one ever but I may missed something.
They just had one but he transferred to EStL after his sophomore year. Did you miss that since he had offers in hand before he transferred.

How many schools in the state produce one D1 athlete every 15 years? Why do those kids get scholarships? Shouldn’t they be passed by for kids at name schools? But keep believing that no school was a going to recruit a top 100 kid because his high school team sucked.
EJ Liddell (I know it's not football).

Reactions: crusader_of_90
They just had one but he transferred to EStL after his sophomore year. Did you miss that since he had offers in hand before he transferred.

You may want to get your facts straight on this. SMH

Kinda strange that you actually believe that you know something about our program, beyond us.

But, you just go right ahead.

Nobody from Belleville transferred to ESL with an offer in hand. No one ever!

That being said, based on statistics that you all are using, the only way for Adore to be a blue chip recruit was to transfer to Cali which he did. Somehow one of the top recruits in the country had zero college interest while at Belleville even after placing second in the long jump as a freshman.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerforFlyers
Reactions: ClownBaby
I think the argument is that players go to certain states for greater exposure, then are counted for that particular state and not IL. Adoree Jackson for example, Brook's very own Marques Buford, JJ McCarthy, etc fall under this umbrella. This skews the #'s into looking more lopsided than they are.

While they do say that they'll find the talent where it's at, it does seem that where it's at may also make a difference.

I think the argument is that players go to certain states for greater exposure, then are counted for that particular state and not IL. Adoree Jackson for example, Brook's very own Marques Buford, JJ McCarthy, etc fall under this umbrella. This skews the #'s into looking more lopsided than they are.

While they do say that they'll find the talent where it's at, it does seem that where it's at may also make a difference.

Bones, I applaud your very simple and succinct summary. I’m not sure how or why anything else was derived from the Adoree’s (my nephew) example; skewing the numbers. A small-town Illinois kid was able to move to lauded California and outrank all the Californians in his class only after his parents (carefully and reluctantly) decided to send him out there. He is one example of many kids from underrepresented areas being forced to move/make business decisions to provide the best opportunities for their futures. Is it always a requirement? NO. But does moving increase your chances of exposure? Unequivocally, YES.

The high school that he went to in California is a pipeline to USC; which is why USC courted him all throughout his remaining years in high school after transferring there, and they promised to make him a TRUE FRESHMAN after their relationship with him through high school.

Here’s a great question for everyone:

Why was Adoree not playing varsity as a Freshman for Belleville East? He may have helped them beat WWS (🤡) in the semi-finals that year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT