ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 2!?!?

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Two weeks in and still so much more to absorb.

1 - That Oswego deserves a seat at the 8A table.
2 - That Loyola is just fine.
3 - That all gas and no brakes is better than fine.
4 - That Maine South is still good. Warren is too.
5 - That Harvard and Maine East are 2-0 and that’s something we haven’t seen in many moons
6 - That one day, a team in the MsL East will win a game. Check back next week.
7 - That Lena Winslow is still Lena Winslow in the NUIC
8 - That LZ is not your Bartlett freshmen’s LZ
9 - That Morrisons welcome to the NUIC moment has extended two weeks.
10 - That maybe Lake Forest is pretty good. Or Carmel isn’t. Stay tuned for week 3.

That’s all folks. Happy NFL day.

IMO, LF did the Corsairs a solid beating them on their turf early in this young season.

Lots of fine tuning to be done. Lots of varsity FB maturing needed, too.

LF, although not world-beaters, will not be an ‘easy out’ for opposing teams.

The first 2 weeks for LZ is still the biggest surprise of the season for me. Not just losing but getting blown out by Fremd and GBS.

Reactions: whitesox05
Rather than complain, why didn't one of you explain the procedure?

I know it's not hard -- I did it several years ago but haven't done so in a long while.

In fact, why didn't Power66 explain it Friday night instead of being ticked all this time?
Ask @crusader_of_90 He did it brilliantly a couple weeks ago!

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Easy you start the thread put the score in the subject line. When a team scores you go to the thread hit EDIT and change the score in the subject line.
Unfortunately, only the person who started the thread can change / edit the title.

Slightly different directions then Corey:
1) click Edit on your 1st post of the thread
2) this will open that 1st post AND the thread title for Edits
3) Edit away and click Save

There is another way to edit the thread title which is slightly less obvious and may be the method Corey is talking about.

Reactions: bccanwin
Unfortunately, only the person who started the thread can change / edit the title.

There is another way to edit the thread title which is slightly less obvious and may be the method Corey is talking about.
Other method to Edit the Title:
1) Open thread and go to the top, if not already there
2) click on the box with 3 dots & down-arrow [ ...> ] which is above the 1st post & to the right
3) click on Edit Thread
4) Edit away

I learned "because that's the way it's always been done" applies to every facet of your life... including the high school football message boards.

Other method to Edit the Title:
1) Open thread and go to the top, if not already there
2) click on the box with 3 dots & down-arrow [ ...> ] which is above the 1st post & to the right
3) click on Edit Thread
4) Edit away
EITHER METHOD:

If you have started a thread in the recent past, find it and go practice. Just don't click Save
OR
Start a practice thread and practice. This method may drive Edgy a little crazy. :)

I learned "because that's the way it's always been done" applies to every facet of your life... including the high school football message boards.
It has NOT always been done that way, BUT I would like to strongly encourage you to use the Thread Edit method for Game Score thread. It makes it a lot easier to check scores real quick while you're watching / streaming a game.

It has NOT always been done that way, BUT I would like to strongly encourage you to use the Thread Edit method for Game Score thread. It makes it a lot easier to check scores real quick while you're watching / streaming a game.
All in jest over the current conversation lasting this long.

I'm in camp "why'd you wait til Monday to b**** about it?" ;)

Rather than complain, why didn't one of you explain the procedure?

I know it's not hard -- I did it several years ago but haven't done so in a long while.

In fact, why didn't Power66 explain it Friday night instead of being ticked all this time?
I believe my post in the game thread was "Please update the game score in the thread title. Thanks". I did not receive a response, and I do remember you doing so in the past. In all future interactions, I will make sure to explain something even if I think you already know. By the way, it wasn't just you, it was multiple threads.

That although Argo hasn’t played a tough schedule it’s still Argo who for decades has been at the other end. They are 2-0 & unscored upon!!!

Because they have been bad for so long, Argo is a team I am pulling for. I hope they can win a playoff game this year.

Reactions: crazylegs777
Two weeks in and still so much more to absorb.

1 - That Oswego deserves a seat at the 8A table.
2 - That Loyola is just fine.
3 - That all gas and no brakes is better than fine.
4 - That Maine South is still good. Warren is too.
5 - That Harvard and Maine East are 2-0 and that’s something we haven’t seen in many moons
6 - That one day, a team in the MsL East will win a game. Check back next week.
7 - That Lena Winslow is still Lena Winslow in the NUIC
8 - That LZ is not your Bartlett freshmen’s LZ
9 - That Morrisons welcome to the NUIC moment has extended two weeks.
10 - That maybe Lake Forest is pretty good. Or Carmel isn’t. Stay tuned for week 3.

That’s all folks. Happy NFL day.
11. Don't schedule a Flroida team for week 2.

Use whatever method that works. It keeps everyone up to date on the game.

Because they have been bad for so long, Argo is a team I am pulling for. I hope they can win a playoff game this year.
They’ve made it 2 years in a row which is great!!!! However only 5-4 in the regular season & finished 5-5 after being running clocked 2 years in a row in round one. Time to step up & win 6 or 7 preferably 7 games,host a playoff game & win at least 1!!!!

Reactions: AmbroseBlack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT