ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 1?!?!?!?

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Welcome back everyone! The law firm of Dewey, Cheatum and Howe have been working tirelessly to compile this weeks list. So here we go for Week 1.

1 - That the beast that is the East is still a beast.
2 - That the rice didn’t get cooked week one like many thought.
3 - That Barrington is still the class of the MSL West.
4 - That I already miss the gold helmets of Stevenson.
5 - That GBW wanted Maine South, That usually isn’t a good want.
6 - That ESL has a powerful offense but that defense may need some attention.
7 - That Prairie Ridge still keeps rolling - 25 and counting.
8 - That even though it was a JV game watching my kid get his first ever snaps at QB was awesome.
9 - That Hinsdale Central could be the one to dethrone GBW in the WSC.
10 - That Proviso East gets an early W snapping a 34 game 0-Fer streak.

Good first week. On to week 2!

Welcome back everyone! The law firm of Dewey, Cheatum and Howe have been working tirelessly to compile this weeks list. So here we go for Week 1.

1 - That the beast that is the East is still a beast.
2 - That the rice didn’t get cooked week one like many thought.
3 - That Barrington is still the class of the MSL West.
4 - That I already miss the gold helmets of Stevenson.
5 - That GBW wanted Maine South, That usually isn’t a good want.
6 - That ESL has a powerful offense but that defense may need some attention.
7 - That Prairie Ridge still keeps rolling - 25 and counting.
8 - That even though it was a JV game watching my kid get his first ever snaps at QB was awesome.
9 - That Hinsdale Central could be the one to dethrone GBW in the WSC.
10 - That Proviso East gets an early W snapping a 34 game 0-Fer streak.

Good first week. On to week 2!

12. can's say how much i looked forward to this post.
13. Kudos to the boy!
14. The DSR will have a slightly new format thanks to world events that waste my time.

1989.They had a pretty good team that went 5-4 barely missing the playoffs.I know the Herald said 1988 but it was 1989

ah ok thanks. I remember that team, that was my senior year at West, the Steelmen beat us easily. several of my friends were on that Central team and they would have made the playoffs under the current format. Who was the Central coach? Dean Goldie?

Reactions: superac777
I remember when Sun Times named Joliet West their preseason #1 when they had Mark Zander at QB
That would not have been Joliet West, maybe Joliet Township after the programs merged but I honestly don't recall Joliet Township being ranked #1. Mark Zanders started out at Wisconsin, ended up at Western Illinois.

That would not have been Joliet West, maybe Joliet Township after the programs merged but I honestly don't recall Joliet Township being ranked #1. Mark Zanders started out at Wisconsin, ended up at Western Illinois.

That team had studs out it Zander, Oku Satcher, Mike Stokes and a WR that was really good.

I hope the idiot(s) that caused disruption at Joliet Central today don’t cause the football team to lose focus.Some fool put threats online about JC

Paper had reports of a shooting just outside of the school last week, so good thing they were in Romeoville.

Although C-M and LWE must have extreme trouble scheduling non-cons, after playing each other in the opener the last 2 seasons, results seems to indicate it is time to "move on" to other match-ups for each?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT