ADVERTISEMENT

What’s up with Bolingbrook?

Mike and often his wife Esther still go to pretty much every Naperville Central games and will from time to time post here.

They could really benefit from the offensive playbook from the Jevon Stewart & Dale Martin era. I like the soph RB in the few carries he had, reminded me of the old Tailback High days. The soph QB made soph QB mistakes, it's to be expected, but physically I liken him to Stewart who wad extremely successful.

Reactions: RednBlack
No it doesn’t kids with talent can be successful at any school, transferring is more about ego. Listen to Edgy talk about Jeff Allen on the Barstool podcast as an example.
Just as a note QB1 at Bolingbrook did stick it out his Soph year after losing his top receiver to CPL that summer. Jonas was able to showcase his talents starting his Frosh year and before but to think a player should be able to shine for 3 years at a HS and suck it up is risky to future opportunities. Ego….not sure at least in this case. Talent level of the player and competition faced is as important as academic selection of let’s say..WIU vs Northwestern in academia would be.

I also think its important for coaches to put the players in a position to be as successful as possible. For example, if you have a newer (younger) QB, keep the play calling within his natural ability. Don't overcomplicate things. Don't have your student athletes confused on the field about the play, route, responsibilities, etc.
I don't know if that is the case at The 'Brook, but I've seen it at other schools. Just because an energetic and enthusiastic coach has a playbook catalogue with 200 pass plays doesn't mean a 15 year old will always retain that knowledge.
Bolingbrook has such a rich history of being successful. I remember having only27 of 28 winning seasons at one point. So to have that much drop off in such a short period of time is perplexing.

I also think its important for coaches to put the players in a position to be as successful as possible. For example, if you have a newer (younger) QB, keep the play calling within his natural ability. Don't overcomplicate things. Don't have your student athletes confused on the field about the play, route, responsibilities, etc.
I don't know if that is the case at The 'Brook, but I've seen it at other schools. Just because an energetic and enthusiastic coach has a playbook catalogue with 200 pass plays doesn't mean a 15 year old will always retain that knowledge.
Bolingbrook has such a rich history of being successful. I remember having only27 of 28 winning seasons at one point. So to have that much drop off in such a short period of time is perplexing.
Completely agree on the playbook. I just watched NC vs HC, I formation and dives from NC.

Time for a much needed matchup. Not too long ago I never wanted to see Romeoville on the schedule again. Oddly the Spartans come in as the favorites.

Completely agree on the playbook. I just watched NC vs HC, I formation and dives from NC.
Oh, they have some major angles and differing lead blocking schemes in front of that very good RB doing what you mentioned. It sets up effective play action and the NC skill positions allow them to throw as needed in multiple other high percentage ways to keep the chains moving and opposing offense on the sideline.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Oh, they have some major angles and differing lead blocking schemes in front of that very good RB doing what you mentioned. It sets up effective play action and the NC skill positions allow them to throw as needed in multiple other high percentage ways to keep the chains moving and opposing offense on the sideline.
I'm sure. My point was that WE don't have to line up in a 4 wide and heave 40 yard corner routes because our roster isn't built like that. If we had Jonas and Chico Thomas then yeah!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT