ADVERTISEMENT

Week 9 Key Games

You would need many upsets from a 4-4 team to reach 256 and you have 8 4-4 teams that are playing each other

Naz vs Benet
Morrison vs Erie
Richards vs Ag Science
Maine West vs Highland
St Pats vs Viator
Noble vs Clark
Toulon vs Princeville
Nokomis vs Dupo

I will give a few upsets that need to happen

Rock Island over Quincy
Hinsdale over Glenbard west
Orion over Rockridge
Rolling Meadows over Mt.Prospect
Buffalo Grove over Hersey
Oak Forest over York
Bartlett over Glenbard East
Joliet West over Plainfield South
New Trier over Maine South
Lincoln over Troy Triad
Flora over Carmi
Morton over Washington
Marian Catholic over Carmel
Mt.Vernon over Mt.Carmel
Lisle over Peotone
Deer Creek over Eureka
Hillcrest over Oak Forest
Illini west over Macomb
Casey Westfield over Olney

My projection is that 4-5 4-5 teams make the field and you have a few games in 1A -3A that can go either way with a 4-4 team so it could go up

1-Buffalo Grove
2-Oak Park River
3-Barrington if the beat Fremd
4-Benet
5-Rolling Meadows
6-Hinsdale Central
(Wheaton Warrenville wins they are in ) up to 2nd team in
7-Glenbard North
You all realized a team with a 3-5 record currently that wins week 9 and has alot of playoff points might also be in the mix (since everyone is convinced that a 4-5 team makes it)....

Sounds only fair. Those two forfeits were sorta chicken ____, if you ask me. (Not that anyone did)

You all realized a team with a 3-5 record currently that wins week 9 and has alot of playoff points might also be in the mix (since everyone is convinced that a 4-5 team makes it)....
This is one of many reasons that I leave bracketology to those who don't mind ulcers and migraines

You all realized a team with a 3-5 record currently that wins week 9 and has alot of playoff points might also be in the mix (since everyone is convinced that a 4-5 team makes it)..
Quick scan of the standings and there are a handful of 3-5 teams with mid 40’s points right now. Didn’t look to see the chances of them winning this week

What about DePaul Prep? Play 2-6 MCC if they win they get to 4-5. Currently have 43 playoff points, and will likely be At 47 by the end of week 9. Where would they end up on this list?
I eliminated any team with fewer than 44 playoff points
A lot of great posts here, but I want to point out that Mt. Vernon has been given a playoff berth for winning their conference. They are 4-4, so if they don't upset Mt. Carmel they will get in with a losing record. That's one less spot open to the 4-5 hopefuls.
Quick scan of the standings and there are a handful of 3-5 teams with mid 40’s points right now. Didn’t look to see the chances of them winning this week
I included them on my list yesterday the 3-5 teams with 44 or more points
No matter what Buffalo grove has to be first 4/5 team in.
Remember every. Team basically is going to get 3/4 playoff points 4 if you lose your game to finish 4-5 and 3 if you win your game to finish 4/5

Week 9 key games....and no mention of Montini at JCA. That is very understandable this year. But things sure have changed!

Reactions: rjjtwest
I have a feeling Edgy might find himself in Elmhurst next Friday
Lets Go Yes GIF by Cameo
Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT