ADVERTISEMENT

Week 9 Key Games

Nevada Dude

May 18, 2022
It seems a bit odd that there are so many games coming up in week 9 that have such an impact on the overall playoffs and seeding.

I’m going to name three games… please add as you wish and why.

MC vs Loyola -

All 7A and 8A Brackets will be watching. The winner most likely gets the Top spot in their respective brackets. The loser falls to 5th or 6th with a lot of other bracket implications. Nice prelim to start the playoffs. There might not be a better game this season.

St. Charles North at Batavia -

Hatfields and McCoys - A win by STN means a #2 ’or #3 seed in 7A (refer to MC/Loyola game as well) and an outright DuKane Crown with Batavia falling into the 20’s. A win by Batavia means (I think with assumptions) a three way tie at the top of the DuKane with STN, WN (assuming WN wins) and Batavia. A Batavia win could mean a 1st round rematch between STN and Batavia at STN…. Yuk! A Batavia loss could mean a rematch with WN at WN. Huh?

St. Francis vs IC -

these guys don’t play nice together….ever.! HUDL hacking is just the start. The winner has the better path in different classes…3A (IC) and 4A. Can’t wait to hear about this years post game handshake…lol

It seems a bit odd that there are so many games coming up in week 9 that have such an impact on the overall playoffs and seeding.

MC vs Loyola -

All 7A and 8A Brackets will be watching. The winner most likely gets the Top spot in their respective brackets. The loser falls to 5th or 6th with a lot of other bracket implications. Nice prelim to start the playoffs. There might not be a better game this season.

Hatfields and McCoys - A win by STN means a #2 ’or #3 seed in 7A (refer to MC/Loyola game as well) and an outright DuKane Crown with Batavia falling into the 20’s. A win by Batavia means (I think with assumptions) a three way tie at the top of the DuKane with STN, WN (assuming WN wins) and Batavia. A Batavia win could mean a 1st round rematch between STN and Batavia at STN…. Yuk! A Batavia loss could mean a rematch with WN at WN. Huh?

St. Francis vs IC -

these guys don’t play nice together….ever.! HUDL hacking is just the start. The winner has the better path in different classes…3A (IC) and 4A. Can’t wait to hear about this years post game handshake…lol
St. Frances vs IC is gonna be very interesting!!

Argo vs Evergreen Park & Reavis vs Richards.With playoff points in especially Argo case being low Argo & Reavis may need to win to clinch at 6 wins rather than hope on playoff points

Reactions: Nevada Dude

MC vs Loyola -

St. Francis vs IC -

If MC loses, they'll most likely end up as the 3rd overall seed in 7A. Hersey #1 and Pekin #2.

Downers North vs. Lyons
Naper N vs. Naper C.
Lockport vs. Andrew
*Conant vs. Schaumburg
Conant started 4-0 but has now lost four in a row (4-4) with their last game against Schaumburg. They have had some unexpectedly bad losses so they could lose to Schaumburg.

4A will be watching for (3-5) St Laurence vs (4-4) Providence.

Since we are hearing that several 4-5 teams will make it into the playoffs, perhaps Providence is in regardless.

Reactions: Jenny27
ET (Edgy) has a pretty full menu of games to order from next week. I’m just wondering if he’ll show some DuKane love on Friday?

MC vs Loyola -

St. Francis vs IC -

SCN if they win, will not have a rematch with Batavia. Batavia will be between a 14-17 seed if they lose. SCN will be a 4 seed with a win.

Reactions: sewardsfolly
It looks like there will be some 4-5 teams making the playoffs.
My rough count has 220 already qualified and 59 teams sitting at 4-4. I don't know all of the matchups but it does not look good for teams hoping to get in at 4-5. It's not out of the question but looks improbable.

Reactions: cigaros
My rough count has 220 already qualified and 59 teams sitting at 4-4. I don't know all of the matchups but it does not look good for teams hoping to get in at 4-5. It's not out of the question but looks improbable.
That is a good thing

There are 82 teams that have 5 wins already. Put them in and you have 218. 38 spots left for 66 4-win teams.
Look at the schedule of 4-4 teams and many will be underdogs and playing each other. I think there is a great chance for some 4-5 teams. Those 4-4 teams would have to go 38-28.

Downers North vs. Lyons
Naper N vs. Naper C.
Lockport vs. Andrew
*Conant vs. Schaumburg
Conant started 4-0 but has now lost four in a row (4-4) with their last game against Schaumburg. They have had some unexpectedly bad losses so they could lose to Schaumburg.
I don’t know if Conants losses were unexpected. They played a really weak non-conference schedule which made them pretenders instead of contenders.

MC vs Loyola -

St. Francis vs IC -

There are only 3 undefeated teams in 7A right now (MC, Pekin, and Hersey). MC had the most playoff points in 7A, so if MC loses, and the other 2 win, they will be the 3 seed. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen though 😀

Reactions: MC63
Marist @ Rice - both playing for higher seed and avoiding playing a 9-0 team in 1st round. Also bragging rights game
Whoever loses that game, with all the playoff points they have accumulated, they won’t get a 9-0 team, especially BR in 7A, they would both land a 8-1 team

Reactions: chakazulu89
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT