ADVERTISEMENT

Week 7 Pick Em: Joliet Catholic at Brother Rice

So who wins Week 7

• Joliet Catholic

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Brother Rice

Votes: 35 53.0%

• Total voters
I’m taking BR being at home and their homecoming and setting the over at 81. I think it will be another shootout and with BR being down some guys on defense again, JCA should score at will but do they have the secondary to stop Lausch, 3 really good receivers and the jolly orange giant at TE? It will be very similar to the LA and MC game for BR.

D will be missing Shaw - which will hurt. Hopefully Frazier and Pierce will show a little more because MC did a nice job on them both. It will be Lausch fest with Jack vs his JCA alum dad. Loser takes out the garbage for rest of year.

D will be missing Shaw - which will hurt. Hopefully Frazier and Pierce will show a little more because MC did a nice job on them both. It will be Lausch fest with Jack vs his JCA alum dad. Loser takes out the garbage for rest of year.
How’s that #3 doing? He didn’t look good coming off the field

How’s that #3 doing? He didn’t look good coming off the field
Waiting to hear info on #3 but, yes, it looked serious. And the other corner #12 had his wrist wrapped in ice in the 4th quarter and did not return. I fear being without both of them and Shaw this week.

In retrospect, the BR defense did only give up 21 until craziness ensued during the last 4 minutes. The early turnover, several personal foul penalties and the onside kick recovery put them in bad field position most of the night.

Arrington made some great plays at QB and WR. What a player. Curious to see what they do with him next year because he is a valuable piece to their secondary, too.

I think the BR defense played better than it did against LA but still a long, long ways to go. There's plenty of talent there but something has to change before its too late.

Need another 40+ point effort from the offense this week.

Rice defense should not be as bad as it is. If they do not figure things out their offense will have to be as on as they were vs Loyola.
With Jones and Whealen the past years BR had a powerful outside rusher and an inside force. Those two aren’t easily replaceable. In high school one or two players moving on makes a huge difference.

Rice defense should not be as bad as it is. If they do not figure things out their offense will have to be as on as they were vs Loyola.
Every BR supporter, I believe, is wondering the same thing. When talented players don't perform well, what do you call it? @krock the house can't even defend BR's defense.

Prediction.

Coach Badke, a defensive guru and NAIA national champion safety coach, will mend the train wreck that is the BR defense. 🤞

Every BR supporter, I believe, is wondering the same thing. When talented players don't perform well, what do you call it? @krock the house can't even defend BR's defense.

Prediction.

Coach Badke, a defensive guru and NAIA national champion safety coach, will mend the train wreck that is the BR defense. 🤞
His defenses have cost them games/seasons in the past so this is not new.

His defenses have cost them games/seasons in the past so this is not new.
Yes, you are accurate.
From 17 to 20, the previous Defensive Coordinator called plays. The defensive season of 18 was exceptional, while the seasons of 19-20 were generally above average.

It was a disaster when Badke called plays in 16'.
MC 42
Rita 33
LA 48
Fremd 45
MC 35

I commend him for delegating responsibility after 16'.

This year is following the same pattern, with any opponent with the same talent level scoring 5 or more touchdowns.
LA 46
MC 36
JCA ?
Unless the personal or whoever is calling the plays is changed, I expect JCA to score 49-42 points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT