ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 Pick Em: Lincoln Way East at Bolingbrook

So who wins Week 5

• Lincoln Way East

Votes: 40 71.4%
  • Bolingbrook

Votes: 16 28.6%

• Total voters
East always has the Brook circled, but the Porters are raising eyebrows outscoring their opponents 154-7. You can bet they're on Coach Z's radar, but he will take care of the Brook first.

East always has the Brook circled, but the Porters are raising eyebrows outscoring their opponents 154-7. You can bet they're on Coach Z's radar, but he will take care of the Brook first.
I don't think they're circled. Penciled in W more likely. Porter's represent that new challenger to the throne after Raiders challenged initially but since fell to the wayside. Then the Vikings challenged, but never had sustained success. Lockport may have the guys to maintain a threat. I know if I were a Griffin I would have my mind set on the task at hand, and that is the Porters. As a fan of The Brook I now go into LWE week hoping to not get clocked.

Coach Z's "GATA" remains burned into my memory.

I keep saying if your going to beat East this is the year because they are very young. Next year watch out they will be very deep with returning starters. Fridays game should be a good one.

I keep saying if your going to beat East this is the year because they are very young. Next year watch out they will be very deep with returning starters. Fridays game should be a good one.
I agree. This game is going to be a lot closer than people think.

Cross Bones. You old dog you. This series has been a chess match with Coaches I and Z for a very long time. The Brook has an abundance of talent and will get it together before the playoffs. The Griffins also are a young bunch but played the best game tonight for this year and a ton of work still awaits them. Playing a full four quarters has eluded them. Seeing the 2011 team honored at halftime was a nice memory moment for sure. Mr. Bailey was the man and I always wondered what could have been had the Senior season been a full one for the Brook led by Aaron not to mention had he not chosen Champaign initially. That was a serious Bolingbrook group and well worth the accolades. Good luck moving on.
Congrats to East on a well deserved win.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Cross Bones. You old dog you. This series has been a chess match with Coaches I and Z for a very long time. The Brook has an abundance of talent and will get it together before the playoffs. The Griffins also are a young bunch but played the best game tonight for this year and a ton of work still awaits them. Playing a full four quarters has eluded them. Seeing the 2011 team honored at halftime was a nice memory moment for sure. Mr. Bailey was the man and I always wondered what could have been had the Senior season been a full one for the Brook led by Aaron not to mention had he not chosen Champaign initially. That was a serious Bolingbrook group and well worth the accolades. Good luck moving on.
We definitely had our chances tonight. I can honestly say I havent seen us run the ball like that against you guys since the 1st time we played in 05. We have to find a way to move the ball around, that'll open up the super sophs. I thought when you guys went to that change of pace back in the 2nd half it made a huge impact on the game.

Pretty solid football game. East controlling line of scrimmage was a surprise to me. And they played field position game very well to their advantage. LWE offense is what I thought...solid but not spectacular. Defense held up nicely. Brook is going to be trouble come playoffs too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT