ADVERTISEMENT

Week 0

Jul 25, 2002
I'm in the planning stages of doing a 3-state swing for the week before Week 1. The first glimpse of a high school football game within 4 hours of where I'm at is in a small Iowa town near Waterloo, IA (an 8-man game at that). Friday I plan on seeing Roosevelt vs. West Side in Gary. Saturday I plan to see a Wisconsin Division 6 game in Hazel Green. So that's three games in three states in one week. Wondering if anyone has done this, or something in part. Is it just me, or has anyone else had a similar itch to hurry up and see a high school football game that early?

I'll also take any other Friday/Saturday suggestions. "Stay home" is not an option :)

Roosevelt should have a good team.Coach Craig is a nice guy & I’ve helped him fill his schedule the past 4 years

I love what you’re doing.I have that passion too.When I was up in Evansville a few years back I seen a game in Ky on a Thursday night,Evansville Friday a game in Missouri Saturday Afternoon & in Illinois that night.It’s sad so many schools are getting their own fields.I miss the 2 Thursday games at Hanson,2 games at Lane on Friday,3 games at Rockne on a Saturday & 2 games at Gately on Sunday

Reactions: RockSoup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT