ADVERTISEMENT

WB6 Week 4 preview

Swansa01

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
Sterling (1-2) @ Galesburg (1-2): Last year Sterling won 45-14. Two teams trending in the opposite direction. Sterling is coming off it’s first win of the season where the special teams has joined the defense in producing. Question is, can Sterling’s offense finally get on track? Galesburg is coming off a poor showing in a two-touchdown loss to Morrison in which the Mustangs ran the ball at will. Luckily for Galesburg, Sterling is still trying to get it’s run game going. Not sure it helps though as Sterling notches its second win.

Prediction: Sterling by two touchdowns

Geneseo (2-1) @ United Township (1-2): Last year Geneseo won 55-21. UT lost a heartbreaker to Sterling last week while Geneseo got stuck in the way of a maroon semi-truck. Both teams will be looking to bounce back. UT has lost two super close games this year and has looked solid on O and D, but special teams have been a thorn in their side. Geneseo will look to get their D back on track after getting out athlete in the 2nd half last week. Geneseo will see a home run hitting running back from UT this week they will need to contain while UT will face it’s first true “We run the ball” test.

Prediction: Geneseo by 3

Rock Island (0-3) @ Bradley-Bourbonnais (3-0): I don’t quite understand Rocky yet this season. They have gone from a so/so game to a good game to “There aren’t even wheels on this bus” game. Last week’s game against Quincy was a bit of a train wreck for the Rocks. I’m hoping they found some wheels because while I do not know a lot about B-B, I do know 3-0 shows some know how on the football field. A big thing that can help Rocky out is hanging on to the ball and getting first downs. Both of there were an issue week 3.

Prediction: B-B by 13

Quincy (3-0) @ Moline (2-1): Last year Quincy won 34-27. WB6 game of the week! The current king versus the king that wants it’s crown back. Both teams are coming off blow out wins the week before. An advantage for Quincy is their ability to spread the ball around the field and get athletes into open spaces. Moline did not do well against this when it played Benet. Moline has an advantage in that Quincy has yet to play someone who plays Moline’s physical brand of football. Also, the Blue Devils must make the long field trip to the Quad Cities. This one should be a good one!

Prediction: Quincy by a touchdown

Reactions: RoaminCatholic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT