ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early team predictions. What does your gut say about your favorite team?

Mount Carmel 6-3 or 5-4. Big reload, QB a question mark. It’s not that they don’t have talent or will be bad by any means but SR, LA, BR, and Marist are loaded and have more experience back at the skill positions. Very best case is 7-2. But 2022 will be a good year for them.

Reactions: Jenny27
I think Mount Carmel is being underestimated. I think MC will be a behemoth in either 7A or 8A. Their record against ESL is 4-1 and 3-0 against LWE. I don't know what their overall record is against Loyola, but I think they're pretty even in the Holecek era.

Reactions: Jenny27
Thinking Willowbrook will be 7-2 or 8-1 heading into playoffs and looking for the Warriors to make another playoff run behind a powerful run game and an athletic defense. Incoming Junior class had a bunch of young guys playing up in the spring and the talent level is at a higher floor than a normal year. We'll see where the ceiling is. Looking forward to week one and Providence!

N.North will be a force to in the DVC. The Offense has weapons all over the field to use. Will be a very exciting team to watch.

Wheaton North has a ton of talent back this year. QB, WR's, TE, LB's. Some pretty talented sophs coming up as well. Could be in the running for DKC champs.

I think Mount Carmel is being underestimated. I think MC will be a behemoth in either 7A or 8A. Their record against ESL is 4-1 and 3-0 against LWE. I don't know what their overall record is against Loyola, but I think they're pretty even in the Holecek era.
I'll be interested to see what the post Dave defense will look like. Losing the greatest D-Coordinator in the state will be hurt for years to come.

Wheaton North has a ton of talent back this year. QB, WR's, TE, LB's. Some pretty talented sophs coming up as well. Could be in the running for DKC champs.

They would be the favorite to win the conference.

Rochester has the potential to be very good. After splitting time at QB and WR in the spring, Hank Beatty should be the full-time QB. He has a strong arm and will be the best running QB since Sean Robinson. Beatty won’t be able to pass to himself, so a go-to WR is needed. Seth Parkinson will probably be Beatty’s main target and there are 3-4 others who can contribute.

Replacing RB Jacob DuRocher will be difficult, but Beatty is likely to run more than the traditional Rochester QB. This should put less pressure on the RB position. There should be good size and depth on the OL/DL and at Linebacker, where Johnny Neal is a 3-year starter. The secondary is not very experienced, with one part-time starter returning. They will get tested the first 3 weeks as Rochester opens with Jacksonville and MacArthur, both who return their starting QB’s, and SHG.

I'll be interested to see what the post Dave defense will look like. Losing the greatest D-Coordinator in the state will be hurt for years to come.
He’s still going to be at practices and reviewing film, he’s just going to be watching his son play at Dayton on the weekends. Or so I’m told. That’s been his plan for awhile. He could have bolted when Frank was replaced, but he stayed for three more seasons full time. He’s the best no doubt but it was going to happen eventually. At least they still have him part time.

• Love
Reactions: Gene K.
Or the CCL Blue. Arent Rice, Rita and MC all gonna be 7A in the fall?
From what I was told BR is still 8A and SR 5A unless they are told otherwise. I know BR is right the edge of 7A/8A...SR would be a two class jump.

Rita is 7A since they will be multiplied now
Correct. Rita will be multiplied. Here are the enrollments for the CCL Blue:

Rita 1,915.65
MC 1,940.40
LA 1,985.00
Rice 2,207.70
Marist 2,678.78

Interestingly enough, all are multiplied enrollments with the exception of LA. The Ramblers look to be in 7A the next two years, unless they petition up.

Last edited:
Reactions: McCaravan

Rita 1,915.65
MC 1,940.40
LA 1,985.00
Rice 2,207.70
Marist 2,678.78

Interestingly enough, all are multiplied enrollments with the exception of LA. The Ramblers look to be in 7A the next two years, unless they petition up.
Why wouldn’t Loyola be multiplied? They’ve had playoff success the past few years. Is this a reset on an enrollment cycle?

Why wouldn’t Loyola be multiplied? They’ve had playoff success the past few years. Is this a reset on an enrollment cycle?
Yes. It's a new cycle. My understanding is that you need to win 3 playoff games in the 2-year cycle. However, this past 2-year cycle for football only included the 2019 playoffs, since there were no playoffs in 2020. As a result, only 9 private schools met the criteria. See the below link to the IHSA site. The third column relates to football. Those schools highlighted in pink will be multiplied for the next two football years. LA is not one of the nine, since they only won 2 playoff games in 2019.

Reactions: caravan8
We were pretty young this spring. I also dont know how much improvement one gets over a few months. I'll say high mark of 4-5 with a low mark of 2-7. Playoffs would be a welcome surprise.

We were pretty young this spring. I also dont know how much improvement one gets over a few months. I'll say high mark of 4-5 with a low mark of 2-7. Playoffs would be a welcome surprise.

Sandbagging early CB!

Looking at the schedule on 8to18: Minooka, LWWest, LWEast, H-F and Lockport look like tough games - for most anybody, actually.

DGS keep an eye on Ryan Dawson….
There's a duffle bag behind the church on Janes & 83rd with cash and an address in it. Get the bag to the kid.
Sandbagging early CB!
Just looking at the situation realistically.
Looking at the schedule on 8to18: Minooka, LWWest, LWEast, H-F and Lockport look like tough games - for most anybody, actually.
I marked those games down as losses. We really struggled with Sandburg this spring and if I remember correctly the '19 game was closer than the score indicated. LWC I figure will be about as good as Sandburg. Could win both, could lose both, could split. I think we beat CICS Longwood and Stagg. If there is an upside, if I'm judging by twitter, the young guys seem poised to make an impact. But our track season makes me think there's no speed in the building.

Rita 1,915.65
MC 1,940.40
LA 1,985.00
Rice 2,207.70
Marist 2,678.78

Do they not decide what the cut-offs are until right before post-season?

MS opens @ Stevie, @ Six Flags, home for Fremd and @ Palatine. I’ll let you know about the season after those four games.
It will all come down to the O-Line and replacing 5 starters.
I would say other than ESL, there might not be a better skill group in IL of QB, RB and WR than what the hawks bring back.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
It will all come down to the O-Line and replacing 5 starters.
I would say other than ESL, there might not be a better skill group in IL of QB, RB and WR than what the hawks bring back.
Are you willing to list that skill group here with what year they are? Obviously the time is different, but when I saw the program two years ago I wasn't blown away.

Reactions: Bowie50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT