ADVERTISEMENT

Way off topic

JCHILLTOPPERS

May 29, 2001
How many points could a full squad of 9 of the best basket ball players (4 bench 5 starters) pulled from edgyland score against Texas Tech in a regulation basket ball game?

Who here is even good at basketball. Bones is athletic, but way to short. I'm terrible. No way is edgy good. Dean text me that he sank three of five from 5-point land this weenend, but he is a drunkard with no stamina?

NNfan may never has picked up a ball.

Surely someone from swag high at least thinks they are good at basketball.

USD can probably shoot.

fratboy could wrestle and thought he could do more pull ups than me (no chance, bro).

epic..naz guys?

Wait, i bet khalfie is good.

MW certainly can at least pass like those old school white guys you see in the sped up black and white films.

WTF...can we field a team? Could we muster 20 points?

I found a video of JCHILL from high school

giphy.gif

How about that old gym at JCHS? Gotta love any gym located on the second floor of the school.

Reactions: JCHILLTOPPERS
How many points could a full squad of 9 of the best basket ball players (4 bench 5 starters) pulled from edgyland score against Texas Tech in a regulation basket ball game?

Who here is even good at basketball. Bones is athletic, but way to short. I'm terrible. No way is edgy good. Dean text me that he sank three of five from 5-point land this weenend, but he is a drunkard with no stamina?

NNfan may never has picked up a ball.

Surely someone from swag high at least thinks they are good at basketball.

USD can probably shoot.

fratboy could wrestle and thought he could do more pull ups than me (no chance, bro).

epic..naz guys?

Wait, i bet khalfie is good.

MW certainly can at least pass like those old school white guys you see in the sped up black and white films.

WTF...can we field a team? Could we muster 20 points?
hmm well DtLove played in college. That's probably it from the Naz crew.

so far we got batavia at point guard and USD as coach. that is him in the middle with the transition shades.

When I was at Illinois State one of my roommates was a walk on for the basketball team, 6'7 wing from Naperville C, "athletic". So one day the roommates and I were at the rec when some other guys on the team showed up. My roommates were actually pretty tall (over 6') a couple of them played varsity ball at Elgin, me at 5'9 (but able to grab rim), and another guy was a little shorter than me.

Anyways, the guys on the team had the starting PG, Vince Greene (who was shorter than me) , Boo Bojang, Tre Guidry (NC State transfer) and some other guys who I don't remember today. I was holding my own against Vince. But the NC State transfer (who left because he didn't see the court in the ACC) was out there looking like Jordan. This was an average ISU team against kids in their prime losing like 11 to 3.

So no, I don't think any combination, of us scores 20 points.

Last edited:
so far we got batavia at point guard and USD as coach. that is him in the middle with the transition shades.

That guy with the shades is the late Pat Quigley. Great coach and the father of current WNBA player Allie Quigley and current Lewis women’s coach Sam Quigley.

Reactions: Gene K.
I'm as good at basketball as I am at keeping cool in after a Nazareth drubbing by the Hill

Spring 1987, the back row of my PE 230 (basketball coaching) class had the seven freshmen who were the core of the Flying Illini...Watched them play pickup games at IMPE quite a bit, but was never dumb enough to think I wanted to get on the floor with them...I didn't want to be responsible for one of them getting hurt tripping over me...

Peotone had a 7 footer get a ride to Ball State in 1986 who I played against...who never dunked in a high school game playing against teams with no one taller than 6'3". Ball State didn't renew his scholarship as a junior, he walked on at Illinois State and sat the bench. I also had teammates who sat the bench at KCC on national tourney teams. My experience with those guys tells me that the only way 20 points is scored is if they get bored and quit playing defense once they are up 100...

Reactions: Cross Bones
Bones,

I really do love ya man! You’re like the spud web of Bolingbrook! No disrespect meant, I’m just about 4 or 5 old fashions deep tonight and a bit came out through my nose when I read 5’9” and able to grab rim. Is that the basketball hoop or your own rim? On the other side, for me I couldn’t even dribble against those guys so I’m laughing at myself even more!

When I was at Illinois State one of my roommates was a walk on for the basketball team, 6'7 wing from Naperville C, "athletic". So one day the roommates and I were at the rec when some other guys on the team showed up. My roommates were actually pretty tall (over 6') a couple of them played varsity ball at Elgin, me at 5'9 (but able to grab rim), and another guy was a little shorter than me.

Anyways, the guys on the team had the starting PG, Vince Greene (who was shorter than me) , Boo Bojang, Tre Guidry (NC State transfer) and some other guys who I don't remember today. I was holding my own against Vince. But the NC State transfer (who left because he didn't see the court in the ACC) was out there looking like Jordan. This was an average ISU team against kids in their prime losing like 11 to 3.

So no, I don't think any combination, of us scores 20 points.

Bones,

I really do love ya man! You’re like the spud web of Bolingbrook! No disrespect meant, I’m just about 4 or 5 old fashions deep tonight and a bit came out through my nose when I read 5’9” and able to grab rim. Is that the basketball hoop or your own rim? On the other side, for me I couldn’t even dribble against those guys so I’m laughing at myself even more!
Grabbing the rim was the easy part, doing it with a ball in hand is much different, something I never accomplished. Spud Webb was a different animal though.

Grabbing the rim was the easy part, doing it with a ball in hand is much different, something I never accomplished. Spud Webb was a different animal though.

Funny when you young you can do stuff you never thought you could if you work at it. Basketball was a sport that I actually did fairly well. Bones when I was a senior in HS I was 6’1 and I could slam the ball now I couldn’t jump 4 inches lol.

Funny when you young you can do stuff you never thought you could if you work at it. Basketball was a sport that I actually did fairly well. Bones when I was a senior in HS I was 6’1 and I could slam the ball now I couldn’t jump 4 inches lol.
Yeah, father time is undefeated. Baseball was my best sport, but the last time I went to the batting cages it was embarrassing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT