ADVERTISEMENT

WA 30 STL 31 Final extra point blocked

I’m at the game so I don’t know about the stream. I would write the time but I can’t see it. I have a big tree on my way. Lol.

Reactions: iamgroot
WOW! StL wins. WA scored but bad snap on the extra point and it got blocked.

Reactions: eireog
It stings when it is a single point loss as well MS4EVER but they have placed a foot in the door and that is the start of a great future.

Have to ask Scott…did you have a sideline gate pass. Some bad Maine South humor….

Reactions: MS4EVER
WA was the real deal. Bigger and faster than expected. Hats off to the Warriors. The Vikings are just a resilient bunch and found a way !

I was there and have saw my share of HS football. WA has a ton of talent. This was a game of what semis are about, somewhat even matched and going down to the wire.

WA scored first on a run up the middle pretty much untouched and Laurence came back to tie. WA took the lead 14-7 and Laurence fumbled inside the red zone which could’ve cut the lead.

Laurence tied in the 3rd and WA passed the lead with a FG until the end. Laurence had 2 minutes to get about 70 yards to get the game tying FG. Awesome finish.

OT they trade TDS twice and Laurence gets the block off the bad snap. WA’s kicker has a boomer for a leg. But I’ll ask MS4 this, I thought the way they scored that second TD so easy on the road, I would’ve went for 2 and thought they would do that. Hindsight is always 20/20 but a well played, well officiated and respectful by 2 quality teams. Go Vikes next week!!!

Reactions: colin2229
I was there and have saw my share of HS football. WA has a ton of talent. This was a game of what semis are about, somewhat even matched and going down to the wire.

WA scored first on a run up the middle pretty much untouched and Laurence came back to tie. WA took the lead 14-7 and Laurence fumbled inside the red zone which could’ve cut the lead.

Laurence tied in the 3rd and WA passed the lead with a FG until the end. Laurence had 2 minutes to get about 70 yards to get the game tying FG. Awesome finish.

OT they trade TDS twice and Laurence gets the block off the bad snap. WA’s kicker has a boomer for a leg. But I’ll ask MS4 this, I thought the way they scored that second TD so easy on the road, I would’ve went for 2 and thought they would do that. Hindsight is always 20/20 but a well played, well officiated and respectful by 2 quality teams. Go Vikes next week!!!
1000% go for 2! They even called a timeout! Good luck next week.

Most seemed this would be a cakewalk but i knew better. Love Vikings but Warriors are great too. Didn't WA drop football years ago or had to forfeit games due to low numbers?

I don't have my records in front of me but 2007 they restarted football I believe. Late 80's Wheaton Academy dropped football for quite some time

Reactions: MIKEFTB
I don't have my records in front of me but 2007 they restarted football I believe. Late 80's Wheaton Academy dropped football for quite some time
Yes. The had football going back to the late 40s through the late 80s then took about a 20-year hiatus before re-starting the program again. current Wheaton College football team has quite a few good players from Wheaton Academy I believe the current Quarterback at Wheaton College as well as several other key players on their team all played at Wheaton Academy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT