ADVERTISEMENT

Urlacher in!!!

LTHSALUM76

Aug 27, 2014
Brian Urlacher has been elected into the NFL Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility!! Well deserved!

Reactions: Cross Bones
Brian looks like he could still play. All time Bears tackle leader. And has great hair now!

Loved his play - but I think Briggs was better
Absolutely not!!! When or if Briggs gets into the HOF then we can talk.

Not really that close either. Briggs was a first team All Pro once. And a Pro Bowler seven times. Urlacher was a first team All Pro four times and a Pro Bowler 8 times along with a Defensive Player of the Year award and Defensive Rookie of the Year award.

Urlacher was also a Pro Football Reference 1st team all 2000s team. And Briggs is not there.

I could go on. While I think Briggs was a very good player, he simple isn't and wasn't at Urlacher's level.

Hunter Hillenmeyer lined up on the strong side, Brian Urlacher in the middle, and Lance Briggs weak side. That allowed Lance to use his speed to pursue. Had he had a TE in his face the whole game his stats would not have been the same on the strong side or in the middle. BUT he may have been one of the best weak side LB's in the game at the time.

Absolutely not!!! When or if Briggs gets into the HOF then we can talk.

Not really that close either. Briggs was a first team All Pro once. And a Pro Bowler seven times. Urlacher was a first team All Pro four times and a Pro Bowler 8 times along with a Defensive Player of the Year award and Defensive Rookie of the Year award.

Urlacher was also a Pro Football Reference 1st team all 2000s team. And Briggs is not there.

I could go on. While I think Briggs was a very good player, he simple isn't and wasn't at Urlacher's level.

Ok ok :);)

I figured my comment might garner some notice!!

Can we just get Urlacher, Briggs and Hunter back in their prime please!!

I still remember that draft and the Bears picking Urlacher #9 overall from University of New Mexico. Me thinking to myself - how good could he possibly be, from New Mexico, and I can't even pronounce his name! This is going to be another Bears draft bust.

Boy was I wrong.

Ok ok :);)

I figured my comment might garner some notice!!

Can we just get Urlacher, Briggs and Hunter back in their prime please!!
Here is something interesting. Yesterday, Rick Morrissey was gushing all over the Urlacher induction in his Sun-Times column. The interesting part is, when Urlacher was approaching the end of his career it was Morrisey who wrote, Urlacher had slowed down, etc and it was time to retire. Then he went on to say the Bears could do better at linebacker. Well, they sure as hell haven't.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT