ADVERTISEMENT

Update: QB Sheehan has Cary Grove rolling

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Cary (Ill.) Grove senior quarterback prospect Jameson Sheehan (6-foot-4, 190 pounds) and the Trojans playing strong football so far this season, including posting three straight running clock scores over the first three weeks of the IHSA football season,. Sheehan also updates his recruiting news in this update.

"Our offense is really rolling so far this season," Sheehan said. "We've had running clocks in the first three games this season and everyone is excited for the rest of the season. We are throwing the football a little bit more this season and it's really opened up the running game for us."

Sheehan filled us in on his latest recruiting news so far this fall.

"Grand Valley State has been showing a lot of interest and they wanted to see and evaluate my first three games on video. I'm waiting to hear back from them and hopefully they like what they see from my video. The Citadel is still very interested in me. North Dakota and also South Dakota State showed interest in me earlier this summer but I know that South Dakota State took a commitment from a walk on from another school."

Does Sheehan have any plans to make game day visits soon?

"I was invited to Valparaiso for a game day visit. I'm also planning to make a trip down the Charleston, South Carolina and visit The Citadel soon. I don't have anything set up just yet but I'm hoping to set something up soon."

Would Sheehan consider a preferred walk on opportunity if one was made available?

"I've been just applying to various schools like Arizona and other bigger schools just to have options for college without football being involved. If things fell into place I can see looking harder into that option. It all would depend if it's a good fit for me but I'm pretty open to anything for now."

Sheehan is also not in any hurry to make any college decision for now.

"I still want to just go out and focus on my team and my season. I feel that my game is improved in so many ways. I'm just much more experienced now and I've settled down into my game and I feelI'm in a good groove."

Jameson Sheehan has a scholarship offer from The Citadel.

My Take on Jameson Sheehan's Recruiting: Sheehan is a big, strong kid with a ton of upside and is a name that I'm still shocked hasn't been locked up by any FCS/D2 level schools yet. Sheehan again plays in a mainly run offense at Cary Grove, but he's been able to show plenty over the past few years between various camps and showcase events. Sheehan in my eyes is a kid that could no question end up at a higher level college as say a PWO and who some day could be one of those guys who everyone will ask "why didn't more schools recruit him out of high school?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News