ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Neuqua Valley WR Grant Larkin draws new looks

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Naperville (Ill.) Neuqua Valley junior wide receiver recruit Grant Larkin (6-foot-0, 175 pounds) is enjoying his holiday break this week and won'treturn back to school until next week. Larkin checks in and recaps his latest recruiting news, off season plans and more in this update. .

"We didn't get out of school until the (December) 22nd so we have a later break," Larkin said. "I had finals and those went really well for me and I've been just working with Boom along with training and lifting."

Larkin also filled us in on his latest recruiting news this winter.

"We saw a lot of college coaches in school back in December and a lot of those same coaches said they want to be back in school this spring to watch one of my workouts. Iowa was in school and I spoke with the wide receiver coach. Illinois was also in school in December and I've been talking quite a bit with Kevin Kane who recruits this area. We also had the coaches from NIU, Central Michigan, Illinois State and a few other D2 and D3 schools made visits in school. The feedback has been good from the coaches and they all want to see me live in person this spring in a workout."

Does Larkin have any upcoming visit plans set?

"I was invited to junior day events to Illinois State, South Dakota and also Illinois and I'm hoping to get out and see more schools in person. I haven't set up any dates just yet but I'm planning to get that done soon."

What does Larkin have planned for this spring?

"I'm going to keep working out and I'm also going to play Boom this spring. I'm also thinking about running track this spring. I've played rugby in the past but I'm really considering track and helping me work on my speed."

Grant Larkin has a scholarship offer from Eastern Illinois.

Thoughts on Grant Larkin Recruiting: Larkin is a very impressive receiver who in many ways follows a nice connection to other NV receivers over the past several seasons who has a terrific combination of ball skills, hands and is just a technically sound football player. Larkin has been drawing pretty consistent recruiting attention all off season long including some looks from a handful of Big Ten schools. Larkin is really excited about Illinois and is hoping for an offer from the Illini.....and look for this spring to give us a much better idea where Larkin sits with several schools from a priority standpoint. I can see Larkin drawing early FCS and possible MAC offers....and I would not discount Larkin getting some serious Power 5 looks this spring and summer.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News