ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Marist 3 star DT Jamel Howard Jr. updates his recruiting

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Chicago (Ill.) Marist junior three star ranked defensive tackle recruit Jamel Howard Jr. (6-foot-3, 310 pounds) checks in and recaos his latest recruiting news, summer plans and more in this latest recruiting update.

"I had a good spring break and I'm just back to work lifting, training and just focused on school and my grades," Howard Jr. said. "The only spring visit I was able to make was to Ball State and also Iowa State. Iowa State was an overnight visit and those are unfortunately the only visits I was able to make."

Howard Jr. recapped his visit impressions from Iowa State.

"Iowa State was my first overnight visit and I really enjoyed it. It was pretty fun and I was able to meet a lot of the players and the coaches at Iowa State. Everyone at Iowa State was really nice and I didn't realize Iowa State would have such nice facilities including a great locker room. I was able to watch a team practice at Iowa State and they actually had it on a high school field which was pretty dope. Iowa State was renovating it's stadium so they decided to play at a local high school."

Look for Howard Jr. to see a crowd of college coaches starting today (Wednesday).

"We had Monday and Tuesday off, so we are expecting to see a lot of college coaches back in school this spring, I know our coaches mentioned a few college coaches are already scheduled to be in on Wednesday."

Does Howard Jr. have any upcoming summer camp plans?

"I'm looking at getting out to as many camps as I can this summer. I also want to be able to go visit more schools in person and get to know them better. I've only made two visits and in a lot of ways I still have a lot of things to get done before I can even begin to make a decision on any school."

Jamel Howard Jr. has multiple scholarship offers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News