ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Does Batavia ILB Tyler Jansey have a time frame for a college choice?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Batavia (Ill.) junior inside linebacker recruit Tyler Jansey (6-foot-1, 215 pounds) had a great holiday break from school and is now back to work this winter and preparing for his 2022 senior season. Jansey checks in and breaks down his off season plans, his latest recruiting news and more in this update.

"I had a great holiday break and we took a week vacation to Florida and we just had a great time," Jansey said. "It felt good to get away and just get some sun and warm weather in."

Jansey also filled us in on his latest recruiting news so far this winter.

"We had bunch of college coaches who came into school back in December. I've also been getting invitations from several schools to make visits for junior day events. I'm in the process of setting up a schedule for the different junior days I plan to visit, and as soon as I get that schedule done I'll make sure to let you know where and when I'll visit schools for junior days. I'm hoping to release that schedule pretty soon ."

Jansey also didn't name any schools that he plans to visit this winter and spring, and could an early college decision be coming?

"I'm definitely looking at making my college decision before the end of spring and making an early decision has always been a part of my plan."

So what lessons was Jansey able to learn from the 2021 fall football season that he can carry forward into the 2022 season?

"The biggest lesson is just how important it is to bond with my teammates and play for each other every week. I was able to learn that lesson in my sophomore year as Mojo (Weerts) took me under his wing when I was a sophomore. It's so huge to have everyone on board and working together. I've been trying to take more kids under my wing and just trying to get to know them better. Whether it's lifting together or just hanging out away from school we really try hard to make sure everyone is involved. It all really starts in the weight room. We lift as a full program and we are separated by position so I'm able to work out and get to know all the linebackers in the program. We also will rotate lifting with other position groups and the weight room ends up being the place we all get to know each other a lot better including the younger kids.

How has Jansey's workouts changed this winter compared to past off-seasons?

"I'm sticking with out teams set workout program but I'm also doing a lot more things this off-season. I'm starting to learn martial arts along with playing hoops on a rec league team. I'm also still speed training as well. I've always wanted to do a fighting sport and it's fun to learn about different martial arts and it definitely helps with my hand fighting and hips. I love playing hoops and it's also good for me to stay in good shape, and we just have a blast playing."

Tyler Jansey has multiple scholarship offers.

My Take on Tyler Jansey Recruiting: It was a pretty interesting back and forth this time around with Tyler especially when it came down to naming schools and his upcoming junior day visits. His early decision and time frame at least for me is no real surprise to be honest and making an early decision has been a pretty consistent deal at Batavia over the last several years. So my take and which school could land Jansey? Well just from an overall offers standpoint I have to think Wisconsin seems to be the team to beat. I would not count out several others who might not have offered Jansey just yet and I'm thinking about schools like Northwestern and Illinois to name a few. It will also be interesting to see if those schools end up offering Jansey sooner rather than later. In all honesty I'm still pretty surprised that Jansey is holding just 4 offers so far and I feel he's a Big Ten caliber player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.