ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Bolingbrook 2023 S Damon Walters adds a new offer

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Bolingbrook (Ill.) 2023 safety recruit Damon Walters (6-foot-1, 170 pounds) added a recent scholarship offer from Iowa State. Walters checks in and recaps his latest recruiting news and more in this update.

"I was able to add a new scholarship offer over the weekend from Iowa State," Walters said. "I don't know too much about Iowa State to be honest. I did go online and do some research on them. They look to have nice facilities and a nice campus but I haven't been able to visit Iowa State at all. The Iowa State coaches want me to get back in touch with them soon and talk more about the school and what they have to offer."

Does Walters have any upcoming college visit plans?

"I really have nothing planned this summer. I'm just focused on my team and our team camp. I'm looking more at getting out to visit a few colleges this fall and visit a few different game day experiences. I don't have any plans set yet but I would love to check out games at Tennessee, Iowa State and also Iowa has been showing more and more and I'd love to see a game at Iowa as well."

So how has Walters team camp been going so far this summer?

"We had a break from team camp last week and we are back working this week. We are in shells now and working hard and we are planning to do more hitting this week."

Walters also discussed what he's working on to improve in his game this summer along with his focus on becoming a more vocal leader.

"I'm still working on just being smoother out of my breaks along with just staying lower and having better leverage on my tackles. I felt I was tackling too high last season and I want to make sure I'm staying low. I also want to become a better leader for my team this season. Getting these scholarship offers from the colleges brings added pressure, so I want to be a leader for my teammates and just play my game and help my teammates as much as I can. I need to really focus on being a more vocal leader as well."

Damon Walters has scholarship offers from Tennessee, Syracuse and Iowa State.

My Take on Damon Walters Recruiting: Walters comes from a great family that has had several high level student athletes and expect Damon to be the next major Power 5 name from the Home of the Raiders. Walters has all the tools including impressive length and reach, shows excellent overall vision and ball skills and awareness. Walters is also a heavy hitter who is equally as strong in run support as he is in pass defense. Walters is a very strong cover man who can play either corner or safety at any time when asked. Walters is also a high level kid academically who will have a growing list of offers from several high academic schools as well. Look for more and kore offers to roll in for Walters this summer and especially when his early season fall video hits the street.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News