ADVERTISEMENT

Update: 2018 DE/TE Sam Barkalow Forreston

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
One of the top small school players in the state recaps his latest recruiting and summer camp plans here.

"I was at state track this weekend with my team. I was an alternate on our 4x4 team and we finished third overall in Class 1A."

"We finished school last week and we start team lifting this week."

"I'm going to camp at the Northwestern Showcase on June 9th. I'm also going to the North Dakota State 3 day camp starting on June 23rd. I'm also camping at Harvard on July 15th. That''s all I have set for now but I'm sure I'll be adding more camps."

So which schools showed Barkalow spring recruiting interest?

"Illinois State, Northern Iowa, Harvard, Minnesota State Moorhead, Western Illinois and South Dakota State."

Barkalow is also excited for his upcoming senior season as Forreston looks to defend it's 1A state title in 2017.

"We start lifting this week but our skills portion of the camp starts on June 26th. It's doesn't feel too different this summer compared to last year at this time except that we have a lot of excitement on the field and in the weight room. We are confident but we also realize we have a long way ahead of us. We have high expectations and know that we have to stay focused. Working hard, staying focused and staying humbleleads to good things."

Thoughts on Sam Barkalow recruiting: Barkalow is a very intriguing kid and prospect to watch. Barkalow has good size/frame and was able to draw considerable looks this past spring. Camps will no question play a big role for Barkalow this summer. Also Barkalow has Ivy League level grades and that fact makes it very hard for say FCS schools to offer and recruit him away from the Ivy's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News