ADVERTISEMENT

Trophy Points?

Where at? I live in a subdivision right past the first stoplight when you get off I-55. It is a really nice quiet town, but I'm paying a ton of taxes to leave here.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
[QUOTE="Gene K., post: 241512, member: 14812"}but I'm paying a ton of taxes to leave here.[/QUOTE]Yes you are. It could be worse. You could be living in Cook county.

Reactions: Gene K.
Yes you are.
Illinois property taxes suck. Frankfort Taxes were really high also.
Corey, we all have stories of family members and friends who live in other states and tell us what they are paying for homes and taxes. It makes me want to throw up when I think about how we are being fleeced here.

She lives on Juniper Lane, which may be in the same subdivision. True, taxes are high, but you get more house for your money than you do here in the city.
I think your sister lives in Carillon which is on the East side of I-55. I live on the West side of I-55. Got a good friend (retired PO) who lives in that subdivision. The main part of my taxes go to the schools and the fire prevention district. I would like to move to a smaller house but the wife don't. End of discussion. LOL

Reactions: Blue Ruin
You're right. She lives in Carillon, in a nice two-bedroom house, which is nicer than anything back in the old neighborhood. It's also much safer out there. Some of your taxes go to law enforcement, which I know you're in favor of.

The amount of real estate taxes that goes to the Village of Plainfield (which includes the PD) is about 5% of the total bill. Schools alone on my tax bill is $8000.00 or a little less that 3/4 of the total bill. We have 4 high schools and a lot of el-hi schools in the Plainfield school district. I imagine your sister's tax bill is similar as to the percentage for the schools. Hopefully she has some kids in school.

Even with the taxes, though, it's a nice community. She likes it out there. Me, I like it here downtown.

We have an office in Knoxville Tennessee. I made the mistake of telling one of my coworkers at that office what I pay in property taxes. He spit out his coffee. Now, every time I visit there for work he waves me over to whatever group of locals he’s chatting with and says “Hey Mac, tell these guys how much you pay in taxes.” When I tell them they all freak out and laugh and shake their heads.

I now avoid that guy like covid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT