ADVERTISEMENT

Top CCL teams for 2017

MC is going to be loaded next year....around 9 starters back, including Alec Thomas, RB Aristole Nakos and one of the Nations most highly recruited Offensive linemen in Verdis Brown. They have at least 6 more players with extensive playing time... Rice is losing a ton and the senior class coming in isn't one of their best...their incoming juniors will be real tough, but they are 2 years away, 2018 they will be on top....LA will be good as always...SR will be mid pack but has their QB back and a helluva kicker! I don't know much about PC, but wait and see.... STL will have to reload.

MC will be a contender if Thomas suits up - a lot will depend on what the scouts say and/or how much he gets (full ride or 1/2 ride) from the likes of Stanford, Florida and/or the like if he opts for college.

LA will have a serious rebuilding process. 3 offensive players returning. Gross is the only returning O-Lineman. RB, Bullie had ACL and meniscus surgery yesterday. Wishing him a full recovery! King returns at TE (Y). Jones (Soph) and Joyce will be good WRs, not exactly Gronk and Terrell though. The defense returns only 4 starters. Rodriguez (OLB), Geary (D-line), Largay (SS) and Gonzalez (Soph FS). More guys will need to step up than usual, especially on the O-line. We've been spoiled the last few years.

LA will have a serious rebuilding process. 3 offensive players returning. Gross is the only returning O-Lineman. RB, Bullie had ACL and meniscus surgery yesterday. Wishing him a full recovery! King returns at TE (Y). Jones (Soph) and Joyce will be good WRs, not exactly Gronk and Terrell though. The defense returns only 4 starters. Rodriguez (OLB), Geary (D-line), Largay (SS) and Gonzalez (Soph FS). More guys will need to step up than usual, especially on the O-line. We've been spoiled the last few years.
We say this every year. Last year the only returner defensive starter was Ben Leroy. LA's strength and conditioning program is second to none. They don't rebuild...they. Well, you know the rest.

We say this every year. Last year the only returner defensive starter was Ben Leroy. LA's strength and conditioning program is second to none. They don't rebuild...they. Well, you know the rest.

Last year we already knew Hough, Doherty, Daffada, Taylor, Desh were all going to be very good seniors and Swenson, Falkenhayn, Romano, Repp would be great two year starters...The offense, forget about it...I couldn't wait to see them as seniors, they were lights out sophomore year except for the BR game.

I love the development of our guys over their 4 years. Coach Lindeman is worth EVERY penny he's paid to make our kids bigger, stronger and faster. All I'm saying is the obvious players that you know will be ready from year to year are not as obvious next year. I'm not saying we won't be up to par, I was just stating the obvious. We have BIG shoes to fill.

Reactions: Bowie50
Loyola sophomores have lost 2 games in 2 years. Mike Kadus and Jack Burke are excellent defenders who will help the varsity re load next year. The frosh won the CCL Blue outright and have superfreshman and frosh MVP Peter Gianaris, (Google Peter Gianaris Hudl ). He's on the varsity for the playoffs now. Also, Quinn Boyle at qb has been groomed for the past three years to lead the offense. Should be fun to watch.

Reactions: LAguy
LA/BR/Provi would be my top 3 based off lower level success.

Bowie and cclman have snuffed out my attempt to sandbag. Peter Kennedy will be ready to step in at will. I predict he will lead the team in sacks. Hopefully Lynch and one of the other junior DB's will have something to say next year too. The O-line will be a smaller but hopefully equally as physical of a group as what they've been the last few years. They're probably the most important factor in the reloading/success.

I expect Boyle to be like Professor X out there next year. 2 years of waiting patiently and working diligently.

BR has to feel good about next few years...

Provi had the soph version of Earl Campbell this year. He'll be fun to watch over the next few years? Will he stay at RB?

Id probably have LA 1. I do think the win streak ends though.

BR loses Smalling, Valladay, Lacy, Borelli, Washington, Veal. Will be mainly juniors. Juniors to be are 18-0. Might even have a soph QB. Rebuilding year for 2018

MC should be very good. Definitely a bounce back year. Set at many spots next 2 years.

SR probably about on par with this year. PC i have no idea.

Id probably have LA 1. I do think the win streak ends though.

BR loses Smalling, Valladay, Lacy, Borelli, Washington, Veal. Will be mainly juniors. Juniors to be are 18-0. Might even have a soph QB. Rebuilding year for 2018

MC should be very good. Definitely a bounce back year. Set at many spots next 2 years.

SR probably about on par with this year. PC i have no idea.
Early good news is that every inside scoop that I received is that Thomas will be back. He's a team player, a leader and he's loyal, he won't abandon his teammates his senior year. This, of course, is all subject to change but highly unlikely from what I've been told.

MC will still be challenged even with Thomas back IF he is the QB. His accuracy is decent but not great. Plus not a lot of returning WR talent. Still I think if Thomas is back it makes it between LA and MC. Rice will be solid. Provy will be interesting. They lose some key players but return a lot of their OL. Rita should be ok. They do lose some key players like Zaleski, Stover, Jones, Coghlan and the other LB Mondesir.

Assuming Thomas is back, on Off: LT Brown LG Cooper. RT soph Mendiola, TE soph Billngsley, QB Thomas, backfield Nakos, and sophs Davis, Rias. Def: NG-soph Barbosa, Brown/Cooper rotate in on DL with younger Outlar (soph), Acklin, LB’s Rogers, soph Valenti, Taylor, Walsh a soph up late ,Hybrid soph Walker (has been starting since PC), secondary McGee (soph), probably Weathers, I really liked Livermore on frosh team could see him up as that 3rd corner. Safeties Brooks and Gutter on soph team.

Bottom line the defense will be substantially better, They lost games scoring 28, 28, 42, 26 points.

Last edited:
MC will still be challenged even with Thomas back IF he is the QB. His accuracy is decent but not great. Plus not a lot of returning WR talent. Still I think if Thomas is back it makes it between LA and MC. Rice will be solid. Provy will be interesting. They lose some key players but return a lot of their OL. Rita should be ok. They do lose some key players like Zaleski, Stover, Jones, Coghlan and the other LB Mondesir.
From what I've seen and from what I'm told, JJ Dutton seems like the real deal at QB, perfect for the veer. Thomas could go back to wide out and play QB in situation, especially being short at WR...Billingsley is very good though at TE and is 6'5. I wanted to see Thomas at RB where he played as a Freshman, but his speed is better utilized coming from the two pint stance rather then the 3....for BR, as you know, Plunkett is the real deal as well, reminds me of Marcus Jones, scat back, lightening quick and you got him for 2 years...McCoy and Wearyko on the DL will be a force for 2 years....beware of BR in 2018!

Rita has the QB back along with three quality WR's. Childers back as the featured RB should be fun to watch. Very good kicker back for two years. Scoring will not be a problem. My concern is will be how much will they be able to keep the other team from scoring. This seems to be a prevalent problem a lot of teams had this year. This past winter the offense was completely revamped. This winter maybe the defense needs to take on a new look.

As I have said in the past SR is very lucky to have 351 offensive coordinators. 1 in the booth and 350 in the stands. Of course most teams call them 350 parents and alumni. This year many of the 350 became defensive coordinators and defensive back coaches.

Last edited:
Reactions: LAguy
Assuming Thomas is back, on Off: LT Brown LG Cooper. RT soph Mendiola, TE soph Billngsley, QB Thomas, backfield Nakos, and sophs Davis, Rias. Def: NG-soph Barbosa, Brown/Cooper rotate in on DL with younger Outlar (soph), Acklin, LB’s Rogers, soph Valenti, Taylor, Walsh a soph up late ,Hybrid soph Walker (has been starting since PC), secondary McGee (soph), probably Weathers, I really liked Livermore on frosh team could see him up as that 3rd corner. Safeties Brooks and Gutter on soph team.

Bottom line the defense will be substantially better, They lost games scoring 28, 28, 42, 26 points.
I was really impressed with the Freshman team, saw them play 3 times. They lost to a very good LWE team by a touchdown and an undefeated LA team by 6. They manhandled SR and BR and beat PC by 14. QB is really good. Livermore is a very good athelte, I agree he will be on varsity next season. Brian Bruce was an excellent D-Linemen, he was a force at 6'3 250....Javin Coffee at OLB was a great off the rush end, I think him and Bruce will be on varisty as well....the QB may stay behind with Dutton and Thomas up. Lets hope we don't get hit by any transfers that seems to always occur.

Rita has the QB back along with three quality WR's. Childers back as the featured RB should be fun to watch. Very good kicker back for two years. Scoring will not be a problem. My concern is will be how much will they be able to keep the other team from scoring. This seems to be a prevalent problem a lot of teams had this year. This past winter the offense was completely revamped. This winter maybe the defense needs to take on a new look.

As I have said in the past SR is very lucky to have 351 offensive coordinators. 1 in the booth and 350 in the stands. Of course most teams call the 350 parents and alumni. This year many of the 350 became defensive coordinators and defensive back coaches.
Mottl is a great kicker....right up there with Donahue and Standring in the SR line of kickers. You get across the 40, your in scoring position...SR Freshman team this year had to their weakest year....well ever I think....they went 2-7 and I saw them play against MC and I don't think they had a first down....very small up front.

Green on the one DE side had a good year - he's back for Rice. Ideally if we can get another fast DE with some size/long arms who can get some pressure on the QB that would be huge for the D. Veal (if he stays healthy) will be a solid OLB next year. I look for Rice to put a taller, fast kid at FS or SS next year - way to many long passes bit Rice in butt.

Mottl is a great kicker....right up there with Donahue and Standring in the SR line of kickers. You get across the 40, your in scoring position...SR Freshman team this year had to their weakest year....well ever I think....they went 2-7 and I saw them play against MC and I don't think they had a first down....very small up front.
I think Rita also returns 2 of their 5 starting OLs. Stover/Horvonka (spelling) are hits

From what I've seen and from what I'm told, JJ Dutton seems like the real deal at QB, perfect for the veer. Thomas could go back to wide out and play QB in situation, especially being short at WR...Billingsley is very good though at TE and is 6'5. I wanted to see Thomas at RB where he played as a Freshman, but his speed is better utilized coming from the two pint stance rather then the 3....for BR, as you know, Plunkett is the real deal as well, reminds me of Marcus Jones, scat back, lightening quick and you got him for 2 years...McCoy and Wearyko on the DL will be a force for 2 years....beware of BR in 2018!
Question is will JJ be there or back at LT.

I think Dutton will not go back to Lyons - they have another kid his age or perhaps a Senior to be who is pretty entrenched. I was hearing it was whether he goes to Naz or Benet if he left MC

Catholic League Blue will again be a force in the State title picture. What about the other divisions with Fenwick, Montini, etc? What teams look to contend for state championships?

I think Dutton will not go back to Lyons - they have another kid his age or perhaps a Senior to be who is pretty entrenched. I was hearing it was whether he goes to Naz or Benet if he left MC
This is interesting. Doesn't Naz have a good Junior coming back? Only played 3-4 games this year and got hurt?

The Benet job is wide open however.

Agreed. They lost their premier running back in the beginning of game three. Never recovered. Sophomore team lost their starting QB also in week three or four. But with this year's starter back at QB he was not going to get much playing time.

JJ Standring is the kickers coach. He's done a nice job working with the kids in a part time roll.

This is interesting. Doesn't Naz have a good Junior coming back? Only played 3-4 games this year and got hurt?

I never understood what happened with he and Naz to begin with. I heard he was going to Naz then I got a call from a buddy at MC that a QB transferred in. Was always an odd choice. He obviously left LT because of Bryant and didn't transfer to Naz because of ? However if he were at either of those schools this year he would have started varsity games. I hear he's going back to LT. He would be the backup and probably start at WR. Being one play away from getting on the field as well as having his whole senior year to start in an offense that actually utilizes his strengths wouldn't be a bad thing. At Naz I don't know what would happen. Their starter will be a SR next year and is coming off knee surgery (ACL I think), they will also have a different senior who played a lot at the end of the year coming back.

Benet is interesting to me. I haven't heard them associated with him. I do know there is a JR there that obviously doesn't get to play that the Benet people love, Doyle I think? They also have a kid starting on Soph team (not sure if he's a frosh or soph) that is very good.

None of those programs are sure things for a kid that is appears wants to be handed a job.

I will say this again... there is far less competition at Fenwick than any of those 3 schools (4 including MC). The job would be Dutton's for 2 years no questions asked.

To the original question Fenwick will have a tough year next year. There are some nice building blocks in the program for the future but not enough of them. Fenwick will be losing a ton of SR starters and basically all their impact players.

Wow I didn't know Dutton was going to be on the move again......I'm a little out of date with the transfer rule, apparently they found a loop hole in it because he played for MC this past season, at least part of the time, does he no longer have to sit out?

Wow I didn't know Dutton was going to be on the move again......I'm a little out of date with the transfer rule, apparently they found a loop hole in it because he played for MC this past season, at least part of the time, does he no longer have to sit out?

When you have money you can make anything happen. Parents are divorced and have separate residences. Custody changes and physical moves whether it be a new house or perhaps downsizing to a new apartment while still owning a home seem to be pretty easy solutions.

LA/BR/Provi would be my top 3 based off lower level success.

Bowie and cclman have snuffed out my attempt to sandbag. Peter Kennedy will be ready to step in at will. I predict he will lead the team in sacks. Hopefully Lynch and one of the other junior DB's will have something to say next year too. The O-line will be a smaller but hopefully equally as physical of a group as what they've been the last few years. They're probably the most important factor in the reloading/success.

I expect Boyle to be like Professor X out there next year. 2 years of waiting patiently and working diligently.

BR has to feel good about next few years...

Provi had the soph version of Earl Campbell this year. He'll be fun to watch over the next few years? Will he stay at RB?

Soph rb u are talking about is Johnny Novak kid is a load to take down. I think he will get some carries next year but Mariano sori will most likely get the bulk of the carriers for pc. as far as next year for pc they basically bring everything back minus drake malone and warfield. bring back 7 starters on offense and 7 on defense along with 4 or five players that rotated in on defense.

Reactions: emdee91 and LAguy

There's a little school in Lombard he could look to as well. Benet, meh.

When you have money you can make anything happen. Parents are divorced and have separate residences. Custody changes and physical moves whether it be a new house or perhaps downsizing to a new apartment while still owning a home seem to be pretty easy solutions.

Sorry I"m trying to post less on this board and lurk more, but there is a lot of disinformation in this thread, but this one takes the cake. Possibly for the entire history of this board. Simple advice, better to keep your mouth shut and have people question if you are an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt. If you have no idea what you are talking about, putting it on a public board is stupid as hell. And I can guarantee you you are 100% wrong, so an apology would be the manly thing to do at this point.

Transferring to Naz or Benet? Huh? I can 100% guarantee you that has never, ever been discussed, so calling out a family for frivolously throwing around money for something that is definitely not happening is absurd. I expect an apology any time you are prepared.

JJ is 100% MC at this point. He was disappointed in the number of snaps somewhat because a minor injury cost 3 games and he split time with Rad Nemovic, who was the frosh starter and and had a year long head start and knew the schemes and offense better. He also happens to be a terrific kid and a terrific family who has a fine career ahead himself. JJ and Rad cheered each other on all yea. But MC is a 100% different offense than LT's, and is detail-oriented above possibly any else in the state. That I've learned. . And dependent on reading defensive schemes. Very tough for any first year player, but the talent is undeniable.

JJ loved his time at LT and is still very close to all the players and coaches, who he grew up with. He is still good friends with QB coach Jon Beutjer and QB Ben Bryant. I suppose a transfer back is always possible, but not the plan at this point. It's just a matter of learning the fine details of MC's veer. I suppose a transfer back is possible, but certainly not the plan right now. The plan is to work his ass off, learn the system even better. bulk up, and be MC's QB leading them to CCL championships the next two years. Another way to look at it is if the goal is being a junior starter, where is that more likely? Both LT and MC had amazing QBs this year. But Bryant has the best arm in the state with the best offers in the state, he's not going anywhere. Alek did tremendous, but is ultimately a baseball player and great "athlete" at QB.... and one many of us would think MC might be better suited with Thomas on the edge to get BOTH players, plus Nakos/Fuller/Rios and an amazing line all on the field at once.

Just look at the Hudl highlights from both years. . Limited because of injury and playing time sop year, but he's throwing Thomas-esque moves all over, but with 8 years of cultivation as a passer on top. The Loyola sophs were top notch and terrific and really killing us on the line and blitz's, and Dutton was the only answer. Burned a sure fire sack for 10 yard loss into a 10 yard scramble for TD. Ran around the left edge to take off for a 70 yard TD where he blew past Loyola DBs with ease. AT LT he was second fiddle to Bryant who is a great pro style QB with decent running ability. JJ was opposite as a terrific runner with very good pure passing skills. Could probably work well at each, but makes more sense at MC.

But seriously, he's killing himself to be the next great MC QB, so please let the transfer debate end for now, especially to other private schools like Benet and Naz. Simply NOT happening. If he transferred back to LT, it wold be the commute that did it and I simply don't see that happening at this point .

Sorry I"m trying to post less on this board and lurk more, but there is a lot of disinformation in this thread, but this one takes the cake. Possibly for the entire history of this board. Simple advice, better to keep your mouth shut and have people question if you are an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt. If you have no idea what you are talking about, putting it on a public board is stupid as hell. And I can guarantee you you are 100% wrong, so an apology would be the manly thing to do at this point.

Transferring to Naz or Benet? Huh? I can 100% guarantee you that has never, ever been discussed, so calling out a family for frivolously throwing around money for something that is definitely not happening is absurd. I expect an apology any time you are prepared.

JJ is 100% MC at this point. He was disappointed in the number of snaps somewhat because a minor injury cost 3 games and he split time with Rad Nemovic, who was the frosh starter and and had a year long head start and knew the schemes and offense better. He also happens to be a terrific kid and a terrific family who has a fine career ahead himself. JJ and Rad cheered each other on all yea. But MC is a 100% different offense than LT's, and is detail-oriented above possibly any else in the state. That I've learned. . And dependent on reading defensive schemes. Very tough for any first year player, but the talent is undeniable.

JJ loved his time at LT and is still very close to all the players and coaches, who he grew up with. He is still good friends with QB coach Jon Beutjer and QB Ben Bryant. I suppose a transfer back is always possible, but not the plan at this point. It's just a matter of learning the fine details of MC's veer. I suppose a transfer back is possible, but certainly not the plan right now. The plan is to work his ass off, learn the system even better. bulk up, and be MC's QB leading them to CCL championships the next two years. Another way to look at it is if the goal is being a junior starter, where is that more likely? Both LT and MC had amazing QBs this year. But Bryant has the best arm in the state with the best offers in the state, he's not going anywhere. Alek did tremendous, but is ultimately a baseball player and great "athlete" at QB.... and one many of us would think MC might be better suited with Thomas on the edge to get BOTH players, plus Nakos/Fuller/Rios and an amazing line all on the field at once.

Just look at the Hudl highlights from both years. . Limited because of injury and playing time sop year, but he's throwing Thomas-esque moves all over, but with 8 years of cultivation as a passer on top. The Loyola sophs were top notch and terrific and really killing us on the line and blitz's, and Dutton was the only answer. Burned a sure fire sack for 10 yard loss into a 10 yard scramble for TD. Ran around the left edge to take off for a 70 yard TD where he blew past Loyola DBs with ease. AT LT he was second fiddle to Bryant who is a great pro style QB with decent running ability. JJ was opposite as a terrific runner with very good pure passing skills. Could probably work well at each, but makes more sense at MC.

But seriously, he's killing himself to be the next great MC QB, so please let the transfer debate end for now, especially to other private schools like Benet and Naz. Simply NOT happening. If he transferred back to LT, it wold be the commute that did it and I simply don't see that happening at this point .

This reminds me of the Casey Paraday Saga.

Agreed. They lost their premier running back in the beginning of game three. Never recovered. Sophomore team lost their starting QB also in week three or four. But with this year's starter back at QB he was not going to get much playing time.

JJ Standring is the kickers coach. He's done a nice job working with the kids in a part time roll.

Also don't see why the soph QB can't be a ball handler on O at one of the other skill positions with #2 at QB. I think the younger Kafka was a WR as a JR and QB as a SR if I remember correctly.

So you didn't have multiple meetings with Nazareth? The Naz kids that told my boys that JJ was at Naz with both parents (two visits) must have been pulling that out of thin air. Also your son didn't recently send texts to those same Naz kids asking if he'd be the starter and that he was going to Naz or LT next year? I verified those meetings with other people just now, if you want this stuff to be private you probably shouldn't have spouted off all season long about your kid on here. You publicly questioned coaches on this board leaving lots of people to wonder when the next transfer will take place, so that's where speculation and fact checking come into play.

Your recent dissertation on your son's ability is comical to me because no one ever questioned his ability. His scheme fit, yes, but not his ability. I think everyone here has been nothing but complimentary about his ability. Guys were even tripping over themselves to say JJ should transfer to their school. You don't need to shove him down our throats, everyone already thinks he's a great player.

You've already given yourself the out, you've answered some questions, I now believe he won't be at Naz or Benet or Montini, but I guarantee he won't finish his career at Mt Carmel. You'll play helicopter parent some more and try to manipulate his way onto the field as a starter but unlike eligibility you can't buy that position at any of the aforementioned schools. He'll be a starter on his own merit and play college football let him figure it out. I take back my recent comment that he should transfer to Fenwick, we're good with what we have. We don't need you involved in the program in any way.

You want to post his Providence highlights some more? What a drive that was! Btw my son starts at Fenwick and will play college football, my older son already is too, and I can guarantee that not one single poster on this board has any idea who my kids are. I've made an ass of myself plenty here but never embarrassed them by forcing them down this boards collective throat.

Reactions: Relist8
Also don't see why the soph QB can't be a ball handler on O at one of the other skill positions with #2 at QB. I think the younger Kafka was a WR as a JR and QB as a SR if I remember correctly.

Correct. I believe that Cummings was the starter. Heard from one of the coaches that when Kafka was on the NFL roster of a couple of teams Cummings liked to tell people remember Kafka was his under study. I'd like to see some WR's start playing DB too.

4 STARS

Almost as good as that coach who got into the liquor cabinet one night and let us all have it.

Reactions: bronco man
Nakos ain't that great, has problems holding on to the ball.
Alec Thomas is the real deal

MC is going to be loaded next year....around 9 starters back, including Alec Thomas, RB Aristole Nakos and one of the Nations most highly recruited Offensive linemen in Verdis Brown. They have at least 6 more players with extensive playing time... Rice is losing a ton and the senior class coming in isn't one of their best...their incoming juniors will be real tough, but they are 2 years away, 2018 they will be on top....LA will be good as always...SR will be mid pack but has their QB back and a helluva kicker! I don't know much about PC, but wait and see.... STL will have to reload.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT