ADVERTISEMENT

Top 30 Poll: Chicagoland Top 30 Poll Talk: Who wins each conference?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
So I have been doing this for the past few seasons and I like having you a part of the very beginning process when it comes to my various team polls etc. I also always welcome feedback and input from you and always welcome good solid insights and some back and forth.

So in all honesty I've had my Preseason #1 team in Chicagoland (and also state wide FYI) but outside of #1 I haven't really begun to sort much out from a 1-30 and the Others just yet. This is that beginning process.

So I begin by looking at every major Chicagoland area conference races and list which teams I feel should be considered for polling purposes. Agree? Disagree? Did I miss on someone or miss on an up and coming team? Let me know here.

Also IMPORTANT! Teams here are listing in NO particular order.....and I will resort for conference preview purposes etc. bottom liner is don't ready anything into the order listed here.

CCL/ESCC Blue: Brother Rice/Marist/Loyola/Mount Carmel
CCL/ESCC Green: Nazareth Academy/St Rita
CCL/ESCC Orange: JCA/Montini Catholic
CCL/ESCC Purple: St. Patrick/Carmel
CCL/ESCC White: St. Ignatius/Fenwick
Central Suburban North: Deerfield/Vernon Hills
Central Suburban South; Maine South/Evanston.New Trier
Best of the Chicago Public League: Phillips/Taft/Kenwood/Morgan Park/Simeon
Dukane: Wheaton North/Wheaton South/Batavia/Glenbard North
DuPage Valley: Neuqua Valley/Naperville North
Fox Valley: Cary Grove/Prairie Ridge/Jacobs
Kishwaukee River/Intestate 8 White: Kaneland/Morris,/Sycamore
Kishwaukee River/Interstate 8 Blue: Richmond Burton
Metro Suburban Blue: ICCP/Bishop McNamara
Metro Suburban Red: St Francis
North Suburban: Warren Township/Lake Forest
Northern Lake County: Grayslake Central/Antioch.Lakes
South Suburban Blue: Lemont/TF South/Hillcrest
South Suburban Red: Richards/Eisenhower
Southland: Crete-Monee/Kankakee
Southwest Prairie East: Plainfield East/Plainfield South
Southwest Prairie West: Oswego/Yorkville/Minooka/Plain North
Southwest Suburban Blue: Lockport/LW East/Bolingbrook
Southwest Suburban Red: LW West
Upstate 8: South Elgin/Glenbard South
West Suburban Gold: Willowbrook/DG South
West Suburban Silver: Hinsdale Central.Glenbard West/York

Next: My favorite to win the conference title

CCL/ESCC Blue
: Mount Carmel- The Caravan bring back quality starters at nearly every position this summer. Talent level is as high as it's been for some time now. Yet this conference anyone can win at anytime so...
CCL/ESCC Green: St. Rita- Despite the graduation losses the Mustangs underclassmen skills talent is impressive and in many cases ready for a major breakout in 2022.
CCL/ESCC Orange: JCA- Another program with heavy graduation losses this spring, yet the Hill has plenty of young talent ready to emerge.
CCL/ESCC Purple: St. Patrick- New HC Luke Mertens inherited a good situation at St Pats.
CCL/ESCC White: St. Ignatius- The Wolfpack have a Power 5 national recruit in DL Justin Scott....yet St. Ignatius has much more this fall than just Scott.
Central Suburban North: Deerfield- The Warriors also have some grad losses but still has enough talent to win the CS North.
Central Suburban South; Maine South- Duh.
Best of the Chicago Public League: Kenwood- I see the CPL getting better in 2022 and several others have a real shot here (MP/Simeon/Phillips) but the Broncos have unquestioned talent and many are looking to see post-season success match up this fall with the talent level.
Dukane: Batavia- Still pissed at how the 2021 season ended in Chicago and that fire has been burning all off season long, trust me on that one.
DuPage Valley: Neuqua Valley- The Wildcats have some serious skills on offense and the defense will need to play well to win the DVC....and they should hold off NN and NC here for the title.
Fox Valley: Cary Grove- Or PR.....or maybe Jacobs. Yet no one can ever count out or overlook the Trojans here.
Kishwaukee River/Intestate 8 White: Morris- Plus Sycamore will always have a say in this gathering. The Morris Football Team has a ton of talent and experience back.
Kishwaukee River/Interstate 8 Blue: Richmond Burton
Mid Suburban East- Prospect- The Knights and head coach Dan DeBoeuf keep building up this program into a winner. Prospect welcomes back a nice core of starters this fall led by QB Frank Covey (Northwestern).
Mid Suburban West- Palatine- The Pirates also welcome back an impressive core of underclassmen names to watch led by sophomore DE Jaylen Williams, yet I can see this being a pretty wide open race.
Metro Suburban Blue: ICCP- Loaded with talent and the recent departures at Bishop Mac no question changes this conference mindset in my opinion.
Metro Suburban Red: St Francis- The Spartans have a real shot at making another deep run this fall.
North Suburban: Warren Township- Once again the prohibitive fav to win the North Sub.
Northern Lake County: Antioch- Or maybe Lakes ot Grayslake Central....it's pretty wide open here.
South Suburban Blue: Lemont- Loaded and also still pissed at how 2021 ended at home against ESTL.
South Suburban Red: Richards- Eisenhower and Shepard could also have a say here but the Bulldogs remain the fav.
Southland: Kankakee- Weird not just penciling in Crete-Monee here...but Kankakee is stacked and ready for another deep 6A run....but Crete is never to be taken lightly either here.
Southwest Prairie East: Plainfield South- Or Plainfield East....but South just looks really impressive this summer and they are always in the hunt here.
Southwest Prairie West: Oswego- Gotta gove props to Oswego here....but Yorkville is stacked upfront and will make a challenge and Minooka is also going to be better in 2022.
Southwest Suburban Blue: LW East- Loaded team in a loaded conference.
Southwest Suburban Red: LW West- The Warriors have some underclassmen talent on the rise and are the favorite in an Ok conference.
Upstate 8: South Elgin- Glenbard South will also have a say, but the Storm are still the fav in my opinion until otherwise proven otherwise.
West Suburban Gold: Willowbrook- The Warriors are again going to sneak up on many others once again this season.
West Suburban Silver: Glenbard West- It won't be easy, but the Hitters just look to be at another level this summer and on a mission.

Tomorrow: Biggest Question for each predicted conference winner and which Sleeper Teams who Could Break thru by conference

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News